Callum Waters

C4mmy31

I think with regards to the current 4 out on loan . 

Thomas Waters and Higgins all have at least a year or two left . 

Thomas has some ability . A very good delivery . He is more interested in his social media and carrying on . Plus i don’t think he works hard enough for Clarke’s teams . 

Hawkshaw. - a try hard . Can’t fault his commitment or his work rate . Think he is probably to versatile and has suffered for it . Not particularly been impressed by him in any games I’ve watched . Out of contract in summer and very much doubt he will be kept on. Chance for him to put himself in shop window .

Higgins - came in with rave reviews from Dundee fans saying he was gonna be next big thing . Must have got him and Jack Hendry mixed up . Arguably could be a development league signing . Still he has the best chance in my opinion of the four . Think he is good on the ball . Not aggressive enough yet which could be learned if he actually plays for Airdrie at all . 

Waters 

Think Clarke isn’t to keen on him . Saw Jig play him Hawkshaw and Frizzell as a midfield 3 at start of season . Shows you how far we have come . Power was on bench . Findlay is our back up left back / centre half . Waters may develop over in ireland and good luck to the boy . Anytime I have seen him I thought he was a loose cannon . Overly aggressive and not particularly great on the ball . 

In in regards to the four . You’d think some will be here next season due to length of contract but . I’m sure they won’t feature much under a totally different system and manager . Clarke will be looking to get them off wage bill . Same with Spencer / Samizadeh/ smith etc . Bring some quality in and go for a push with his own players . 

Good luck to them all in their loan spells . Hopefully they find a new club or show enough to merit being involved in the squad next season .

Edited by Souleycouley93

9 hours ago, david mcbeth said:

Waters and Hawkshaw are not mugs and both of them will make it at some level IMO but perhaps not at SPFL Premiership level..

Higgins I only saw once saw can't comment

I've never seen any of these players in action so I can't comment on their ability. It would be great if all of these young players made it at SPL level. It does seem unlikely though.

Of the much-hyped group of youngsters under Kenny Shiels, none have really amounted to much. Only Rory and Mark O'Hara are playing regularly in the SPL.

The only young players to progress from Killie and show promise of achieving something in the game over the past five years or so have been the loan signings- Ajer, Jackson Irvine and Woodman. 

Does this have anything to do with our preponderance in signing small youngsters? At 5'5 and 60kg Hawkshaw wouldn't seem to fit the mould of a Steve Clarke midfielder. Frizzell only seems to be making occasional substitute appearances. I wouldn't be surprised if he replaced Greg Taylor over the summer as well.