Hibs Crowd Thread

Mclean07

Surely 6000. 1500-2000 Hibees. 4000-4500 home fans. The attractiveness of the fixture and the feel good factor must overcome the TV factor. More of us going than usual and I know two non Killie fans from Prestwick going. They didn't even need a billboard or a leaflet drop to know we were doing well :) 

1 hour ago, Merk said:

The TV factor will impact the home crowd and you’re blinkered or trolling if you think otherwise. I’d be delighted if there were 4000 home fans tomorrow but I think it’ll be closer to 3500.

Of course he's trolling. He knows there's no way there'll be 6,000 at the game but it gives him an excuse to come on here and troll even further.

If we can't get around 4000 fans to a fixture as attractive as this, after the run we've been on, it's a sad day, TV or no TV. For crying out loud we had 3800 v Brora Rangers! I would think the Manager and players will be wondering what they have to do, if we don't turn up. 

Total crowd I reckon around 4,200, with about 700 Hibs fans....Think the TV factor does influence this whether we like it or not.Also, a lot of regulars will be shelling out to go to both Tynecastle and Pittodrie in the next week.

Edited by Jedi2

3 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Surely 6000. 1500-2000 Hibees. 4000-4500 home fans. The attractiveness of the fixture and the feel good factor must overcome the TV factor. More of us going than usual and I know two non Killie fans from Prestwick going. They didn't even need a billboard or a leaflet drop to know we were doing well :) 

You can never make a point without a snide remark. Take a day off! 

However I do reckon there will be a bigger crowd than usual, hopefully and increase on when we last played Hibs at home.

It’s the kind of game you wish wasn’t on the tv as it would likely have forced people out of the house to see it. Sadly at the moment the TV option is still better than going for too many. It’s good we are getting selected for TV games but it can impact momentum when your slowly improving crowds.

Is it fair to say that a higher attendance than our last non OF TV game is a step in the right direction. According to the BBC we had 4198 at the game vs Aberdeen in November. We’ve got to be looking for more than that now. 

4 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

I'd say just under 6 

2 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

If we can't get around 4000 fans to a fixture as attractive as this, after the run we've been on, it's a sad day, TV or no TV. For crying out loud we had 3800 v Brora Rangers! I would think the Manager and players will be wondering what they have to do, if we don't turn up. 

Bang on

Whether we like it it or not TV games bring in revenue as well, the standard of Scottish football is on the increase and if we keep showcasing why Scottish football is so good maybe Sky and BT will bid more for the right to show the matches. With the likes of Amazon and Netflix now looking at sport then it is absolutely the right time to be on TV. I agree nothing is better than the atmosphere at a home match but we need a balance between the best of both worlds.

Edited by 19snickers88