Jambos, Fred

CB

Firstly, great point, would have taken that before the game and the conditions played a part for sure.

Are we allowed to say it or will I be banished? Steve Clarke... got it wrong. We looked transformed with Erwin up front. I could see what we were going for with Brophy but it was too defensive and we kept lumping long balls at him.

I think Tshbola did OK but we could have used Dickers bite. An odd night to have Mulumbu and Power both way below par. As someone said walking out - hopefully saving the performance for Aberdeen.

All that said, the belief was still there, coming back into a game so strongly away from home is brilliant and they kept fighting. On to Pittodrie. 

I have moaned about our pitch and how skillfull players struggle but seeing that pitch tonight skillfull players would struggle on that too. Played a massive part in the Hearts goal. Torn now about whether we want a grass pitch or not as the 'great' pitch I remember was when the ground was a bowl so well aired, you do feel a grass pitch in our current stadium in the West of Scotland winter might not be so great

12 minutes ago, IMO said:

I have moaned about our pitch and how skillfull players struggle but seeing that pitch tonight skillfull players would struggle on that too. Played a massive part in the Hearts goal. Torn now about whether we want a grass pitch or not as the 'great' pitch I remember was when the ground was a bowl so well aired, you do feel a grass pitch in our current stadium in the West of Scotland winter might not be so great

Were Hearts not supposed to be putting in one of those fancy mix of natural grass and synthetic pitches for this season?

1 hour ago, mitch14 said:

Firstly, great point, would have taken that before the game and the conditions played a part for sure.

Are we allowed to say it or will I be banished? Steve Clarke... got it wrong. We looked transformed with Erwin up front. I could see what we were going for with Brophy but it was too defensive and we kept lumping long balls at him.

I think Tshbola did OK but we could have used Dickers bite. An odd night to have Mulumbu and Power both way below par. As someone said walking out - hopefully saving the performance for Aberdeen.

All that said, the belief was still there, coming back into a game so strongly away from home is brilliant and they kept fighting. On to Pittodrie. 

I'm not sure that meant SC got it wrong. It's easier to play against tired central defenders when you come on after sixty minutes.

It was probably the intention all along. 

I don't agree that Mulumbu was way below par. I thought he was excellent.

For me, one of the most disappointing performances of the Clarke era. The early goal probably wasn't part of the game plan, but regardless, from there it looked to be the plan to sit deep and let them have the ball right in to the middle third. 

When we had the ball, we didn't look particularly interested in doing much with it - none of the lovely, quick passing football we've come to expect. Don't know if that was the conditions or a deliberate tactic - the pitch certainly seemed slippy, as evidenced by two or three slips in the lead up to the equaliser. 

Thought we were quite niggly too - Hearts fans seemed quite aggrieved. No idea why Mulumbu has committed that foul on the wrong side of Lafferty, but we have Macdonald to thank for rescuing the point. 

It probably says a lot about how much expectations have risen that we're going up against a good Hearts side away from home and coming away disappointed we didn't give a better account of ourselves. 

A point is probably not a bad result from a none-too-easy on the eye performance. 

Wow.............some people on this forum disappointed with that tonight? Hearts..unbeaten at tynevastle since April...above us in the league...4 times the player budget...yet w3 took it to them and the result ( which was deserved) keeps us favourite to finish above them. Would lafferty have given Jamie Mac a chance to save that penalty if we were killie of last few seasons? No....things like this happen because we are a force and opposing teams are intimidated....there are three leagues within the spl....we are prime position now to win the middle league.....after 3 points in 8 games....massive result and performance tonight. Proud of this squad.

Funny sort of match. Don't think I've seen a game where both teams have dominated for such long periods. Us for the first 15. Pressing, doubling up and Mulumbu running the show. Then we seemed  to stop and Mulumbu disappeared and it was all Hearts till about 60 minutes then we dominated till near the end.

Soft penalty but shouldn't have happened.

Thought Jones was fairly anonymous

Jamie MacDonald produced a dramatic late penalty save to ensure Killie returned from Tynecastle with a hard-earned point.

The Killie shot stopper was forced into action to deny Kyle Lafferty in the final minute after the Northern Irishman had been fouled in the box.

Eamonn Brophy gave Killie the lead after just two minutes, latching onto a fine long pass before beating Christophe Berra and nutmegging Jon McLaughlin, who had a fine night for the hosts.

Killie settled into the match well in tough conditions with a heavy pitch making good football difficult on a cold winter night in the capital.

Just as the visitors had settled the home side responded with a series of errors and slips allowing former Killie ace Steven Naismith to head home his first Hearts goal.

Craig Levein’s men were on the up and it took a fantastic goalline clearance from Greg Taylor to keep Killie level at the break.

The conditions began to take their toll with both Gordon Greer and goalscorer Brophy forced off with minor injuries ahead of Saturday’s cup clash with Aberdeen.

Stuart Findlay and Lee Erwin came on and both players contributed to a controlled Killie display in the second period.
McLaughlin was called into action to deny Erwin as well as a fine late header from Jordan Jones.

As the match moved into the final stages and the fine Killie support must have feared the worst.

First Jones was denied a winner by another excellent McLaughlin save. And at the other end Mulumbu put his hands on Lafferty’s shoulder and a penalty was awarded.

Just as he had at Ibrox earlier this term, MacDonald stood tall and guessed the right way to stop the spot kick.

And Killie then held on to maintain their recent momentum and head to pittodrie on Saturday with confidence.

Kilmarnock: MacDonald; O'Donnell, Broadfoot, Greer (Findlay), Taylor; Power, Mulumbu, Tshibola (Wilson); Jones, McKenzie, Brophy (Erwin)

Att: 15,862 

Edited by C4mmy31