Crowd

LH31

4 hours ago, skygod said:

Why make up statistics when real ones exist?

We played them on the final dayof last season when there was the square root of eff-all at stake and the attendance was 3,951.

It was a nice sunny day though.

4 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Well that's an increase of 50! I mean it going to be gradual. 

Also worth noting Michael Johnston stepped down during the week before that game. The crowd was up 800 on the ICT game the previous Saturday.

1 hour ago, zinger said:

Sorry but I don't agree with this point. To deliberately abandon the club you support AND encourage others to do likewise, seems a strange passion to claim.  NAPM programme was an utter failure and played no part in MJ leaving.  We all know the tragic circumstances that DID bring that about. What NAPM did do was to provide a platform for the uncommitted fan to justify quitting altogether and why we think they would return now escapes me. 

Scottish football is unhealthy in many respects and attendance figures are pathetic when compared to historic times but we are in no worse a state that most of the provincial clubs. Financially probably stronger than we've been for some time.

Killie have been in the top division for 28 seasons now and I think only Celtic ( Motherwell by default ) have a similar record. That is a great achievement for a town of our size and merits support accordingly. It never has been a big support and never will be. Modern life with all its financial, family, technical and social demands has seen to that, so lets stop moaning about those not interested in supporting Killie and share the pleasure of doing so with those of us who stick with it through thick AND thin times.  

I don't think any uncommitted fans needed NAPM to stop attending. There were many other reasons they could have used not least the poor performances and results on the park and the autocratic way the club was being run off it by someone who had no affinity for the club. 

Hoping for a big crowd on Tuesday and for rest of season . Pleasure going just now with my dad and brother . Do same routine every week at the moment . Clarke’s clearly a genius and the players playing with passion , confidence and great belief . Cannot wait to get back to football every week at the moment it’s a great feeling . A lot easier to go when your leathering every mob and sending them up the road with tail between legs . Hoping to do Aberdeen that would show how far we have come to beat them and end hoo doo . Cmon the killie 

33 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Hoping for a big crowd on Tuesday and for rest of season . Pleasure going just now with my dad and brother . Do same routine every week at the moment.

I'm same mate. My dad is in his mid 70's and other day he popped by my house and was talking tactics using all the clutter on my table to show me how he thinks we would like up.

At game today I had my 12 year old on one side, dad on the other and you wouldn't know what one was the kid.

Three generations enjoying our football again. Excited. Optimistic. My boy staying this weekend and he's on Xbox the now and all I can hear is him singing about Clarke, Mulumbu and Boyd to his hun pals.

It's sensational stuff.

Can we not just put this squabbling to bed , I was a lapsed fan. Definitely started to pick and choose my games after I had to work most Saturdays. Then when that situation changed and I had most Saturdays off I struggled to get back. 

I’m buying a season ticket next season. I’m back onboard. 

Ps (my first st was in 1989-90) 

the focus tho has to be on the new generation

so McLean, stop sniping at yer fellow killie fans. And try and use your  energy to encourage the young team into rugby park 

39 minutes ago, seedsy said:

Can we not just put this squabbling to bed , I was a lapsed fan. Definitely started to pick and choose my games after I had to work most Saturdays. Then when that situation changed and I had most Saturdays off I struggled to get back. 

I’m buying a season ticket next season. I’m back onboard. 

Ps (my first st was in 1989-90) 

the focus tho has to be on the new generation

so McLean, stop sniping at yer fellow killie fans. And try and use your  energy to encourage the young team into rugby park 

I demand to have some booze!!!

As I've said before crowds didn't dwindle from 6,000 to 3,500 in the space of 9 or 10 poor results, or a singular poor season, so it's unrealistic to suggest they will automatically revert back to 6,000 on the back of a good run of the same amount of games or a singular good season. 

Fans have fell out of love with the game, or at least Killie, for various reasons. MJ, poor standard of football, prices, all valid and have caused a number of people to merely check the Killie score on their phones perhaps without a single thought that they could have been over at RP watching.

It's all fine and well highlighting perceived poor home crowds such as yesterday, but continually taking cheap shots at other fans without contributing anything towards how the situation can be improved is completely pointless and fast becoming tiresome. 

11 hours ago, Dillinger said:

So you'll not be at Ibrox. Poor show. The fans need a noisy backing and you're not willing to make the small journey up the road. 

What's your excuse? Forget that it won't financially benefit us for a minute, why are you not going to watch your team next Saturday and cheer them on?

You berate people on here for not attending then miss games every second week. 

He's not allowed to away games.

We have seen the crowds rise gradually this season. We should be looking to make a significant increase over the close season in terms of season tickets. I'm sure the likes of Scott McClymont will have some good ideas for a marketing campaign that will get us there. We just need to focus on supporting the team both home and away until the end of the season. 

Also the way some members squabble on this board and try to point score against each other is pretty embarrassing.        

15 minutes ago, Secret Squirrel said:

We have seen the crowds rise gradually this season. We should be looking to make a significant increase over the close season in terms of season tickets. I'm sure the likes of Scott McClymont will have some good ideas for a marketing campaign that will get us there. We just need to focus on supporting the team both home and away until the end of the season. 

Also the way some members squabble on this board and try to point score against each other is pretty embarrassing.        

Good point on the marketing campaign now would be a good time to start letting us know next seasons prices etc. This allows folk to sort out their finances and plan ahead assuming something is in place already (hopefully!!)

The matter of crowds, in my opinion, is quite a simple thing.  Why do we get over 10k people going to cup finals?  Simply, because it has the potential for 'glory' or a significant victory.  Put it another way, what would our home crowd be for a home match against Celtic/Rangers if we knew before the match that we were going to win?  Bigger than normal, I'm sure.

I watched the highlights of West Ham this morning, with fans running on the pitch, en masse demonstrations inside the ground and folk generally acting like idiots.  No way would this have happened if West Ham were winning the match- it's the results which drive supporter behaviour, including whether they attend matches or not.

Results have obviously improved dramatically at Killie recently.  There has been a rise in attendances, and my contention is that even if we've 'only' gained a few hundred extra regular supporters (i.e. people now back every game as PATG customers), if we were languishing at the bottom of the table, we would have lost this amount at least off the crowd.

You're going to see a superb crowd at RP on Tuesday.  People have to choose when and where they spend their £20.  What would you pick- Rossco or a Quarter Final?  Seems quite a simple choice to me.  And that's what it is- a choice; for those who cannot afford to keep doling out £20 every 3 days, and for those who just don't want to spend £60 in a week for match tickets.

The proof of the Steve Clarke pudding with regards to crowds will be, in my opinion, seen not in the increase of walk-up fans on a Saturday afternoon between now and the end of the season, but those lapsed fans who now want to invest their time and money watching Killie every two weeks and decide to buy a season ticket.  I think a healthy rise of 500-1000 fans in the summer would be a great achievement and something to build on.  That's why I think it's crazy the club aren't bringing out a ST now, to cover between now and the end of next season.  The current momentum is an absolute goldmine for anyone with business sense.

So, you have the sensible debate above, whereby I argue that just because we don't have 7,000 people paying at the gates against Ross County, that it doesn't indicate a disaster, or- and I love this narrative from some posters- that SUR STEEEVE CLARK ISNAE GETTIN THE BACKIN HE DESERVES AND HE'LL BE PURE RAGIN AND WILL LEEVE US.  Hold fire til the summer, get a few extra hundred STs sold and build on it.  

However, some people won't want to think in terms of slowly, slowly, and patiently picking the club off its knees and giving the community something to back in the long term.  Instead we have the "You said that with MJ gone, we'd get a million fans" vs "You don't go to away games" personal bulls**t that at best, adds very little to what should be an exciting, collaborative, united conversation of how everyone can build on the team's excellent form, and at worst, discourages people from wanting to be associated with any collective effort.   

3 minutes ago, virtuocity said:

The matter of crowds, in my opinion, is quite a simple thing.  Why do we get over 10k people going to cup finals?  Simply, because it has the potential for 'glory' or a significant victory.  Put it another way, what would our home crowd be for a home match against Celtic/Rangers if we knew before the match that we were going to win?  Bigger than normal, I'm sure.

I watched the highlights of West Ham this morning, with fans running on the pitch, en masse demonstrations inside the ground and folk generally acting like idiots.  No way would this have happened if West Ham were winning the match- it's the results which drive supporter behaviour, including whether they attend matches or not.

Results have obviously improved dramatically at Killie recently.  There has been a rise in attendances, and my contention is that even if we've 'only' gained a few hundred extra regular supporters (i.e. people now back every game as PATG customers), if we were languishing at the bottom of the table, we would have lost this amount at least off the crowd.

You're going to see a superb crowd at RP on Tuesday.  People have to choose when and where they spend their £20.  What would you pick- Rossco or a Quarter Final?  Seems quite a simple choice to me.  And that's what it is- a choice; for those who cannot afford to keep doling out £20 every 3 days, and for those who just don't want to spend £60 in a week for match tickets.

The proof of the Steve Clarke pudding with regards to crowds will be, in my opinion, seen not in the increase of walk-up fans on a Saturday afternoon between now and the end of the season, but those lapsed fans who now want to invest their time and money watching Killie every two weeks and decide to buy a season ticket.  I think a healthy rise of 500-1000 fans in the summer would be a great achievement and something to build on.  That's why I think it's crazy the club aren't bringing out a ST now, to cover between now and the end of next season.  The current momentum is an absolute goldmine for anyone with business sense.

So, you have the sensible debate above, whereby I argue that just because we don't have 7,000 people paying at the gates against Ross County, that it doesn't indicate a disaster, or- and I love this narrative from some posters- that SUR STEEEVE CLARK ISNAE GETTIN THE BACKIN HE DESERVES AND HE'LL BE PURE RAGIN AND WILL LEEVE US.  Hold fire til the summer, get a few extra hundred STs sold and build on it.  

However, some people won't want to think in terms of slowly, slowly, and patiently picking the club off its knees and giving the community something to back in the long term.  Instead we have the "You said that with MJ gone, we'd get a million fans" vs "You don't go to away games" personal bulls**t that at best, adds very little to what should be an exciting, collaborative, united conversation of how everyone can build on the team's excellent form, and at worst, discourages people from wanting to be associated with any collective effort.   

Great post we are professional onfield but amateurish off lacking commercial flair. As you say now is the time to strike when interest is at an all time high.

I wonder if the club is taking advantage of the big crowd expected on Tuesday by taking details that they could compare with their season ticket list and market to those who don't have a season? 

I think some sort of club membership would solve a lot of issues. Charge £20, which is taken off the first purchase, be it a season, five game ticket or match ticket. 

Exclude OF games from that refund to stop them using it to get in the home end. 

Your match tickets are bought online and loaded on to a card that scans at the turnstile. If it's a card you can keep in your wallet, then sort out some discounts with local businesses when you use it. 

This gives the club an accurate database to help them target marketing efficiently, ticketing (especially Old Firm games) would be easier, and if packaged well, could go a long way to make people feel part of something. 

Another idea I saw this week came from Scotrail - they have a £1m prize pot that they are sharing with all season ticket holders next week. The amount you will get paid will depend on the number of people with season tickets. 

Think the crowds are improving and the atmosphere is slightly better . Not many negative shouts . Alex Dyer at away games brings the full team over to clap the fans probably due to great atmosphere/ commitment  . Don’t seem to do it at home . Obviously due to being dispersed the singers at away games are spread out . The east stand really needs to be rocking on Tuesday night . The Atmosphere is still a bit dull at times . I’d encourage the folk who were brilliant at Aberdeen’ away to get the place bouncing and find ourselves a voice again . All slowly progressing but what a difference it would make for players and also would encourage fans to go and want to be part of it . 

45 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Also songs sung at Aberdeen was great . Why can’t we produce them at home . Now we have our leader and Mulumbu one etc . 

Agreed with this. I definitely think safe standing in the shape of a singing section would be a great way to improve the atmosphere. Has this idea been raised with the club before?

In the meantime however I think we should try to build and sustain the atmosphere over the whole 90 minutes on Tuesday, like we did up there last week. Get down early so that the players can walk out of that tunnel to a rocking Rugby Park that's right behind the team from the get go, for the biggest game of the season... so far. From there the atmosphere should hopefully improve week on week, ideally with a steady flow of punters coming back as well...

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

He's not allowed to away games.

Keep going with your made up personal comments. Says more about you than me. Funny thing is, you're only brave behind the keyboard. Not in person.

Edited by Mclean07