Development team V celtic Tues 7pm at RP

Scouser2

Enjoyed that game tonight, ref had a howler though.

Every time I watch ursene  mouanda I always think he looks like a good prospect, he's always breaking up the play and looking to get us forward. 

Obviously it'l be  difficult for him to get into our midfield at the moment but I think he's certainly one for the future.

I cant  believe sevco let him go. 

58 minutes ago, MJout said:

Great result. Referee had an absolute shocker all night. Sent off a celtic player for clearly winning the ball. Not that im complaining.

Who was the ref? Sounds like he could be the SFA’s new up and coming star if he was that bad??

49 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

Who was the ref? Sounds like he could be the SFA’s new up and coming star if he was that bad??

Lloyd wilson. You are in fact right. Heard he is close to promotion to the top level. He really was awful so has all the attributes.

2 hours ago, samo said:

Enjoyed that game tonight, ref had a howler though.

Every time I watch ursene  mouanda I always think he looks like a good prospect, he's always breaking up the play and looking to get us forward. 

Obviously it'l be  difficult for him to get into our midfield at the moment but I think he's certainly one for the future.

I cant  believe sevco let him go. 

Agree 100%, he's the one player who's been consistent in any of the development games I've been to this season. 

He's been training with the 1st team squad regularly since SC took over so he must see something in Mouanda he likes.

Edited by C4mmy31

KILMARNOCK…2
(Samizadeh 11, Taylor 70)

CELTIC…1
(Church 35)

A 10 man Celtic side suffered a narrow 2-1 defeat to Kilmarnock at Rugby Park following a hard fought 90-minutes in which the Hoops’ ingenuity and attacking threat fell just short of securing a point.

The home side took the lead early in the game through Alex Samizadeh but Daniel Church levelled the score for Celtic before half-time. Kilmarnock then went a goal ahead midway through the second-half thanks to Ally Taylor.

Tommy McIntyre’s side started the game well with neat, confident passing in the early stages as they looked to create an opening. But it was Killie who landed the first blow thanks to Iranian forward Samizadeh who controlled a good ball form Will Graham before slotting it beyond Ross Doohan in the Celtic goal.

The Hoops responded with some impressive attacking play, particularly from Ewan Henderson and Broque Watson. The midfield duo were key players in Celtic’s attacking play and created no shortage of goal scoring opportunities.

Watson came closing to drawing the Bhoys level just over 10 minutes after conceding when he timed his run well down the right. The 19-year-old cut inside and had a crack at goal but his effort was just over. Shortly afterwards he saw another shot from the right go narrowly wide of the mark.

Henderson’s efforts to cancel out Killie goal included a shot from the edge of the area which the goalkeeper dealt with comfortable and later an attempt to curl the ball into the top corner but the keeper again was there to deny the Hoops midfielder.

Celtic grew into the game and increased the presser on their opponents as the half progressed. Left-back Church eventually drew his side level with 10 minutes remaining in the half. Some well organised pressure play from Celtic played off when the keepers punched clearance fell to Church. With the keeper off his line the 17-year punished him with a wonderfully measured lob from 20-yards.

The Hoops started the second half strongly and Watson again caused problems for the Ayrshire side with brilliant pace and control down the right. This allowed him to slip a great pass to Savoury who fired over from close range.

The game was turned on its head just three minutes after the restart when Stephen Welsh was shown a straight red for what looked to be a perfect tackle on Samizadeh.

From there the game opened up as Celtic went in search of a winner. Jack Aitchison and Kerr McInroy nearly grabbed an equaliser following some good link up play between the two but McInroy’s shot from 18-yards failed to find the back of the net.

Kilmarnock then went ahead thanks to substitute Ally Taylor who picked the ball up on the left and drove to the 18-yard line before firing a powerful shot beyond Doohan.

The young Hoops refused to bow down and worked extremely hard to find a route back into the game. They created plenty more opportunities with Aitchison and Watson coming close in the dying moments of the game but the highly sought after goal alluded Tommy McIntyre’s side who were unfortunate not to have scored more despite being a man down.

CELTIC (4-3-3) Doohan, Wardrop (Potter), Church, Duffy, Welsh, Bell, McInroy(c), Henderson, Watson, Caffrey (Aitchison 62), Savoury (Diver 50)
Not Used: Willison, Campbell, Deas

KILMARNOCK (4-3-3) Keranovic, Barr, Dempsie, A. Wilson, McLevy, Mouanda, Paterson, Samizadeh (McCracken 90), Graham (Taylor 61), McDonald (Walker 78), Cameron
Not Used: Miller

(Celtic Official, as if you didn't guess....)

I don’t think he was ever signed for the first team. Similar to Higgins I’d say development signings who got caught up in some promotional stuff as we were all desperate for news when they should probably have slipped in to minimal fuss like Mouanda or the other development signings. Then early days they were making up the numbers in the first team and too much was expected.