Saints home, Fred

CB

12 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

What do we expect from a winger? I’ll take producing nothing every week if it totally transforms the game.

Wasn't criticizing and his threat and pace alone was immense and probably won us the game. So in that sense he did produce.

Edited by Isle of Wight Exile

TW jumping on the bandwagon, he just can't resist having a dig, when commenting on the JJ penalty decision.....

"What doesn't help Aaron's position is that he goes to ground and that's something we spoke about before the game, that you can't go to ground, particularly on this pitch, because things like that can happen.

6 hours ago, Boabkfc19 said:

He seemed to walk off ok not limping. So I'm hopeful he'll recover 

He was immediately handed an ice pack and went up the tunnel before the game was done. 

Rest on Saturday and hopefully he’ll be fine for Tuesday.

1 hour ago, Souleycouley93 said:

What was weird was seeing a fit Greg Kiltie no even making the squad . Clarke is ruthless and has not sympathy for reputation. Imagine the uproar at start of season if fit Kiltie was in stand .

Was he fit? Obviously we don’t know how they are performing in training. I thought Frizzell looked ok when he came on and he’s another whose been waiting for their chance.

Really enjoyed the game last night, I know we were up against 10 men for the Majority however I never felt we really had to get out of 2nd gear.

I thought Lee Erwin was outstanding again and was delighted when he scored his goal, JJ once again outstanding however needs to watch he doesn't get a reputation as a diver. Pen & Free kick were definite however the one near the end of the first half on east stand side he definitely dived and was lucky WC didn't book him. Tommy Wright's reaction to the fouls was horrendous, not expected from him and possibly just the pressure showing.

I thought Alan Power was brilliant again as well

All in all a happy journey home last night (again)

19 minutes ago, heynow2005 said:

Really enjoyed the game last night, I know we were up against 10 men for the Majority however I never felt we really had to get out of 2nd gear.

We proved the other week against Dundee how difficult it can be to play against ten men. I agree we never really got out of second gear but I thought our game management was excellent. We restricted St Johnstone and didn’t allow them a proper foothold in the game. A real contrast to where Dundee allowed the game to be opened up and left themselves exposed as much as we were.

As many have mentioned probably the most comfortable victory I can remember, professional job by all and not a let down in the team.

Some plonkers on radio scotland disagreed with Clarke's comments that we were in control the whole game, apart from the 1st 15mins were it was even steven it was complete domination.

Its strange constantly walking out of rugby park after great performances, long may it continue, All Hail the King!

Aye that’s a few times they have disagreed with Clarke’s assertion of our dominance. For me this shows the inherant lack of understanding about football by these clowns. This idea that you have to have the ball to be dominant is why so many teams struggle without it.

Even when St Johnstone (same could be said for hibs and aberdeen games, the goals were blips as Clarke said) had the ball there was nothing they could do with it. Our shape and pressing limited their options in possession and we more often than not won it straight back and countered. 

14 hours ago, IMO said:

Tshibola just does not seem to realise that the time he has to make that pass is way reduced in Scottish football, he dwells on ball too long and gets crowded out. That £6m player has still to show himself but with a few more games hopefully he adjusts to the pace

He's done really well for a young guy who has hardly played in the last year.

He's asset rich. Strong, fast, with a good shot. He's going to be a real player for us next season if we can get him on another loan deal. 

Tshibola is a cracking player, he does tend to dwell on the ball at certain times but I think its due to waiting for the play to move on, to make the correct pass.

If all that's missing is for him to get used to time on the ball we are on to a winner! Thats something they can work on in training, he has all the other attributes