Kilmarnock Transfer 2016

Craigieboy

Here's another linked with us.

Newcastle United will decide the next step of Adam Armstrong’s career after this summer’s Under-19 European Championships in Germany.

The 19-year-old spent last season on loan at Coventry City and netted 20 goals in League One.

United had planned to send him out on a temporary switch again for the 2016/17 season with the Sky Bet Championship deemed the most natural option for the Geordie youngster.

However, Newcastle’s relegation from the Premier League means they are unlikely to loan Armstrong to a rival club in the same division.

His first-team chances could also be limited if Aleksandar Mitrovic, Ayoze Perez and Papiss Cisse stay at St James’ Park and Rafa Benitez brings in the experienced and proven goalscorer he is looking for this summer.

Whether another season at Coventry would fit the bill for Armstrong and his representatives remains to be seen – although the Sky Blues would not take much persuading to take him back for another year.

Newcastle will want to see Armstrong get plenty of game-time under his belt next season and would prefer that to be first-team action.

The Chronicle understands that former Newcastle star Lee Clark would be interested in taking Armstrong on a season-long loan deal in the Scottish Premier League with Kilmarnock.

Kilmarnock stayed up by winning the relegation play-offs in the SPL but Armstrong would be guaranteed game-time at Rugby Park.

Clark is rebuilding the East Ayrshire club and with a host of matches against Celtic and Rangers coming up for Killie, the young striker would get the experience of playing in front of huge crowds in some high-profile games next season.

Armstrong played 45 minutes of England Under-19s 2-0 loss to Mexico over the weekend.

England play one more game against Mexico before the Euro finals in Germany where they face Croatia, France and Holland this summer

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-facing-big-decision-adam-11428995?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

10 minutes ago, King said:

Here's another linked with us.

Newcastle United will decide the next step of Adam Armstrong’s career after this summer’s Under-19 European Championships in Germany.

The 19-year-old spent last season on loan at Coventry City and netted 20 goals in League One.

United had planned to send him out on a temporary switch again for the 2016/17 season with the Sky Bet Championship deemed the most natural option for the Geordie youngster.

However, Newcastle’s relegation from the Premier League means they are unlikely to loan Armstrong to a rival club in the same division.

His first-team chances could also be limited if Aleksandar Mitrovic, Ayoze Perez and Papiss Cisse stay at St James’ Park and Rafa Benitez brings in the experienced and proven goalscorer he is looking for this summer.

Whether another season at Coventry would fit the bill for Armstrong and his representatives remains to be seen – although the Sky Blues would not take much persuading to take him back for another year.

Newcastle will want to see Armstrong get plenty of game-time under his belt next season and would prefer that to be first-team action.

The Chronicle understands that former Newcastle star Lee Clark would be interested in taking Armstrong on a season-long loan deal in the Scottish Premier League with Kilmarnock.

Kilmarnock stayed up by winning the relegation play-offs in the SPL but Armstrong would be guaranteed game-time at Rugby Park.

Clark is rebuilding the East Ayrshire club and with a host of matches against Celtic and Rangers coming up for Killie, the young striker would get the experience of playing in front of huge crowds in some high-profile games next season.

Armstrong played 45 minutes of England Under-19s 2-0 loss to Mexico over the weekend.

England play one more game against Mexico before the Euro finals in Germany where they face Croatia, France and Holland this summer

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-facing-big-decision-adam-11428995?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

He's good in Fifa. Other than that, I know nothing.

Armstrong scored 20 goals in 38 (2) appearances for Coventry City last season which, for an 18/19 year-old, is some going. cf Lee Novak's 14 goals in 32 (3).

Would be quite some acquisition, I think.

Edited by skygod

Some of those goal were nothing short of ridiculous!

If there's any chance we could get him on loan then it's something we should be exploring. Don't underestimate the draw of having him play in six Old Firm games a season... as a parent club getting him in front of big crowds and on televised matches is every bit as beneficial as him playing for Coventry.

I also genuinely believe that Brendan Rogers appointment will raise the profile of the league in Scotland, and encourage players to come.

Looks a great prospect from that footage. The type of player who would prosper against some of the big clumsy defenders in Scotland. 

From the footage I'd guess we'd need to play him in a two maybe with a target man or find a passer in the number 10 to play the through balls he seemed to thrive on.

If Newcastle want Armstong to play in the championship wont they just play him? 

Cant see him signing here just because Clarks a geordie! I would like it though! A million miles away from signing the lad Cobain who has no professional first team experience. Sadly I think I might know which is the more likely!

4 hours ago, Craigieboy said:

Good sign with new striker Denny Johnstone and Adam Armstrong (if they move Kilmarnock) Any new about striker Souleymane  Coulibaly?

I think Johnstone would be more of a back-up if Armstrong falls through.

As for money, Newcastle would pay most or all of his wages, I think. It's all about the best experience for the player and not who can subside the biggest part of his earnings.