Kilmarnock Transfer 2016

Craigieboy

4 hours ago, Killiesnow said:

Hope any chat of Law from Rangers is wide of the mark. Seen him a few times playing for them and wasn't impressed (even when they were in League 1). He's quite a negative player and plays a lot of square/back passes for someone who's meant to pull the strings in the middle of the park.

Aye hes pish

The majority of players coming in will be unknown quantities i.e. guys from down south. Clark has made it clear he wants to build a fast and strong team and will look at the leagues in England to acquire his players. I personally think signing the mentioned Rangers rejects would be a step in the wrong direction. If we are to target players from other teams in Scotland then I expect they would be young, hungry kids with bags of potential. I'd take Alston and Sibbald from Falkirk and Spittal from Dundee United for example. I'd hope the experienced players coming in are unknown like Addison and Dicker were. It's clear Clark has a higher standard of quality than we have seen in recent years so I trust him to replace what we've lost with superior players.

Superior players but, for budgetary reasons, fewer of them so there will be an onus on the Development group to step up, as Taylor, Frizzell and Kiltie have done.

Good for them to know that there will be times when they will be called upon to step in, but they need to be ready so no taking Development League matches as a stroll.

4 hours ago, bizza_89 said:

The majority of players coming in will be unknown quantities i.e. guys from down south. Clark has made it clear he wants to build a fast and strong team and will look at the leagues in England to acquire his players. I personally think signing the mentioned Rangers rejects would be a step in the wrong direction. If we are to target players from other teams in Scotland then I expect they would be young, hungry kids with bags of potential. I'd take Alston and Sibbald from Falkirk and Spittal from Dundee United for example. I'd hope the experienced players coming in are unknown like Addison and Dicker were. It's clear Clark has a higher standard of quality than we have seen in recent years so I trust him to replace what we've lost with superior players.

Sibbald was the poorest player on the park over two matches in the playoff. Certainly not good enough for top six football in Scotland

7 minutes ago, SCOOT KFC said:

A mix of lower English league players and some loans would be a shout. 

Would love to get el bakhtaoui from Dunfermline think he's a class player!  

said as much with Bakhtaoui - yes he would be jumping two divisions but he scored a barrowload and will be full of confidence and will Boomer to learn from is worth a punt.  Murderwell are apparently going for him IF they don't or cant agree terms with skippy macdonald.

Smith has a versatility about him which may appeal to Clark. He was one of the players Clark seemed keen on early doors and the manager appeared disappointed when injury ruled him out for the rest of the season.

If he's got the attributes Clark feels we will need in the squad and we already know he can competently play at LB, LM and CM then it's probably not a bad idea to keep him around.