Rossco Fred

CB

At the risk of committing sacrilege I thought we took the foot off the gas when Mulumbu came on. He really slowed the game down and we resorted to keep ball and got caught out.

Glad to see Kiltie play. Involved in 1st goal with SOD and a great pass for Simpson for the 2nd. Erwin reverse pass to put in Boydie was Eremenko stuff. Mackenzie ran his legs off today. Maybe not technically gifted but what a worker.

Again Clarke had massive impact at halftime. Switched to 4 2 31 at half time after we hadnt had enough of ball in first half and got immediate reward.

I haven't a clue who SC will select on Tuesday.  For me same back 5 plus Dicker Power Erwin Boyd and McKenzie all play. Leaves either Jones Mulumbu or Kiltie - seems ridiculous to think only 1 of them might play. Whoever he picks I'm totally confident SC will get it right 

Just now, Isle of Wight Exile said:

Erwin put a spanner in the works with his new found form. If Jones isn't fit I'd go Erwin Boyd Brophy

Agreed.

Kiltie has had a hard time over the last two seasons and didn't get into today's game really.  He needs more time to get back in tune for a regular place.

3 minutes ago, zinger said:

Kiltie has had a hard time over the last two seasons and didn't get into today's game really.  He needs more time to get back in tune for a regular place.

It's interesting that SC was quoted as talking about how good AD was at handling first team players who had dropped into the reserves at West Ham, and how it's difficult for them.

Neither he nor the last couple of managers seem to have given first team squad players games in the Development League.

It's been the way on the continent for years that first team players don't play reserve football and it's spread to England and here now, it seems. Recovery from injuries excepted.

I can't see how it benefits a player to only play bounce games. Could Kiltie do with more competitive match practice, do you think?

1 hour ago, Shug2930 said:

At the risk of committing sacrilege I thought we took the foot off the gas when Mulumbu came on. He really slowed the game down and we resorted to keep ball and got caught out.

Glad to see Kiltie play. Involved in 1st goal with SOD and a great pass for Simpson for the 2nd. Erwin reverse pass to put in Boydie was Eremenko stuff. Mackenzie ran his legs off today. Maybe not technically gifted but what a worker.

Again Clarke had massive impact at halftime. Switched to 4 2 31 at half time after we hadnt had enough of ball in first half and got immediate reward.

I haven't a clue who SC will select on Tuesday.  For me same back 5 plus Dicker Power Erwin Boyd and McKenzie all play. Leaves either Jones Mulumbu or Kiltie - seems ridiculous to think only 1 of them might play. Whoever he picks I'm totally confident SC will get it right 

If fit, Mulumbu will definitely play.on Tuesday. 

I initially thought we improved with Mulumbu. More up their end . But the stupid backpass prevented us from winning by more .

This.

competition for places atm is great . 

Macdonald 

Sod Broadfoot Findlay Taylor 

Power Dicker Mulumbu 

Erwin Boyd Jones 

Fasan, Boyd , Simpson, Tish , McKenzie, Kiltie & Brophy  

very strong bench 

Would have been nice to see today out with the 3-0 scoreline, it was deserved. A routine win in which we never really looked troubled. Our defence were solid, our midfield much better than theirs, and our three attackers took their goals sublimely. Erwin with a good finish after good set up work by O'Donnell, Simpson (with his first assist) linking up for a typical Kris Boyd goal, and Brophy doing what he seems to do best, having a dangerous ping from any and all angles.

Tshibola played a honking backpass to Broadfoot and followed it up all of 15 seconds later with an even worse one in the direction of Macdonald, which McKay duly nipped in and tucked away. Two moments of absolute madness and then a second goal lost through switching off - as others have said, it will inspire Clarke to read the riot act and make sure similar mistakes don't happen Tuesday.

On a personal note, my wee boy (4) has started taking more of an interest in Killie in recent months and came along today having been prepared that we might score a few past the worst team in Scotland and that there was a fair chance Daddy's favourite player Kris Boyd would score. All of that duly happened. I then suggested going round to meet the players. He knew there was a trophy room and nipped my head about getting in to on the walk round, despite my explanation it wouldn't be open. I asked the guy on the door who duly obliged and let us pop in for a minute, much to the wee man's astonishment (brilliant to see the "SPL Club Media Relations 2007/08" trophy on display)

We then hung about getting pictures with player. A few awkward moments where he whispered "nah, don't want a picture with him" or started singing "Ross County are rubbish" as a Staggies player walked past, but otherwise we had a ball together collecting photos. Boyd kept us waiting for about 45 minutes but it was well worth the wait. The wee man literally danced back to the car.

All in all, a good day!

2 hours ago, Shug2930 said:

I honestly couldn't disagree more! A calm head guiding others to recycle possession was what we needed at that point. Hoofing the ball up the park would have seen the ball come straight back at us, made us drop deeper, and invited County in to our half to push for goals.

Tshibola having a total brain fart and deciding to send McKay through on goal was nothing to do with us 'resorting to keeping the ball', it was just a moment of stupidity from an individual.

I actually thought at 3-2, Mulumbu was the best player on the park in terms of staying calm, finding a team mate with his passes, and seeing the game out in a professional manner.

When you see the highlights it looks like Draper might have got to the ball first and toed it to McKay rather than Tshibola having a brain fart 

It was a good performance until the last few minutes but the players will know that themselves and will be reminded not to let it happen again.  

8 hours ago, Dillinger said:

Would have been nice to see today out with the 3-0 scoreline, it was deserved. A routine win in which we never really looked troubled. Our defence were solid, our midfield much better than theirs, and our three attackers took their goals sublimely. Erwin with a good finish after good set up work by O'Donnell, Simpson (with his first assist) linking up for a typical Kris Boyd goal, and Brophy doing what he seems to do best, having a dangerous ping from any and all angles.

Tshibola played a honking backpass to Broadfoot and followed it up all of 15 seconds later with an even worse one in the direction of Macdonald, which McKay duly nipped in and tucked away. Two moments of absolute madness and then a second goal lost through switching off - as others have said, it will inspire Clarke to read the riot act and make sure similar mistakes don't happen Tuesday.

On a personal note, my wee boy (4) has started taking more of an interest in Killie in recent months and came along today having been prepared that we might score a few past the worst team in Scotland and that there was a fair chance Daddy's favourite player Kris Boyd would score. All of that duly happened. I then suggested going round to meet the players. He knew there was a trophy room and nipped my head about getting in to on the walk round, despite my explanation it wouldn't be open. I asked the guy on the door who duly obliged and let us pop in for a minute, much to the wee man's astonishment (brilliant to see the "SPL Club Media Relations 2007/08" trophy on display)

We then hung about getting pictures with player. A few awkward moments where he whispered "nah, don't want a picture with him" or started singing "Ross County are rubbish" as a Staggies player walked past, but otherwise we had a ball together collecting photos. Boyd kept us waiting for about 45 minutes but it was well worth the wait. The wee man literally danced back to the car.

All in all, a good day!

I honestly couldn't disagree more! A calm head guiding others to recycle possession was what we needed at that point. Hoofing the ball up the park would have seen the ball come straight back at us, made us drop deeper, and invited County in to our half to push for goals.

Tshibola having a total brain fart and deciding to send McKay through on goal was nothing to do with us 'resorting to keeping the ball', it was just a moment of stupidity from an individual.

I actually thought at 3-2, Mulumbu was the best player on the park in terms of staying calm, finding a team mate with his passes, and seeing the game out in a professional manner.

We'll disagree then

10 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

This.

competition for places atm is great . 

Macdonald 

Sod Broadfoot Findlay Taylor 

Power Dicker Mulumbu 

Erwin Boyd Jones 

Fasan, Boyd , Simpson, Tish , McKenzie, Kiltie & Brophy  

very strong bench 

Seems strange Frizz got 10 mins other night then not even in squad now. He didn’t do anything of note other night but surprised he was dropped completely