Top Six Secured

kfc_superteam

A great achiement ! At the moment it's the kind of season you don't want to see end , it's been a long time since had that feeling....pity we might just have 3 home games left

Good time in the next few weeks for the Club to announce ST ideas / prices for next season and even get them on sale ......

To achieve this with 3 games to spare given our start to the season is amazing. 

I think fifth will be secure so why not aim for Hibs. The run we are on there is no reason why not. 

Congratulations to all the players and the management team. They deserve their break before the Hamilton game given the effort they have put in over the last few months. 

16 hours ago, Gaffer said:

Amazing achievement considering where we were when Stevie took over. How good would it be if we outed Hibs n Lennon and secured at least 4th for us or am I dreaming ?

I'm with you 100%.The ginger whinger got away with both an undeserved 3-0 in Oct and avoided a hammering in the recent 2-2 game. He does not deserve to be 6 points ahead. Only downside is the game after the split is likely to be at Easter Road

11 minutes ago, Cammy201 said:

I'm with you 100%.The ginger whinger got away with both an undeserved 3-0 in Oct and avoided a hammering in the recent 2-2 game. He does not deserve to be 6 points ahead. Only downside is the game after the split is likely to be at Easter Road

It'd be great if that was the final game and we can get within 3 points of them.

Edinburgh on the last day of the season is a happy hunting ground for us :)

Its fantastic to finish in the top 6 with 3 games to spare and to have a realistic chance of chasing down 4th. I haven't looked at the games of other teams pre- and post-split but it would be great if Hearts Hibs SevCo and Aberdeen cut each others' throats to our benefit:2:

20 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

Its fantastic to finish in the top 6 with 3 games to spare and to have a realistic chance of chasing down 4th. I haven't looked at the games of other teams pre- and post-split but it would be great if Hearts Hibs SevCo and Aberdeen cut each others' throats to our benefit:2:

Hibs pre split fixtures are Thistle Hamilton & Rossco 

Aim for Hibs, if we don't catch them its still be an incredible season.

Would be great to be within a win of overtaking them, going in to the game against them after the split.

Whatever happens a remarkable season, after the defeat at home to Ross County when Lee left it would have been a success to finish 2nd bottom, to fast forward 6 months and secure top 6 with 3 games left, incredible

A lot has been said about Steve Clarke recently in the press and on social media . All extremely positive things about his progress at our club . I personally think this season although it hasn’t concluded yet has been my favourite of my lifetime . We had some good times under Jeffries and a great season under Mixu . A cup win against all odds with Shiels . What Steve Clarke has done for the club after a few years of disillusion is nothing short of remarkable. 

I have to be totally honest I said to my dad at the start of season I’d take tenth place I really thought we would be fighting relegation once again . That Ayr United game at Somerset in the pissing rain where we were totally out battled and ran by them was a real low point . Followed up by no wins in 8 games under McCulloch really tested a lot of fans patience . Goals becoming hard to find and players not looking particularly interested . 

Jig eventually emptied left a week or two of uncertainty a lot of people suggesting Falkirk job was a better opportunity than killie at that moment . We were propping up the bottom of the table and really looking perilous. 
Under Paul McDonald at Partick Thistle away started the revival . He brought in Broadfoot / Power and Boyd with Jones playing the ten role . A big following and the presence of Incoming Clarke gave us that bit of encouragement we needed . Boyd scored his first goal in 10 games with a rather awkward celebration and then young Frizzell produced a wonder strike to give us the first three points . Clarke came in and by all accounts simplified things . We would go to Rangers and be sitting 1-0 down with a rangers penalty in 92nd minute to bury us . Macdonald saves , roles the ball out down left worked into Power and out to Sod who beats his man and finds Burke at back post with a 93rd minute equaliser  GOALLLL sending the killie supporters into absolute bedlam. That was the turning point for me in this incredible season . I was unfortunately working and watched second half on a stream from Facebook in my living room when I got in . I haven’t celebrated a goal like that in a while , phone thrown to f**k and going mental in my living room as girlfriend watched on disgusted .  
That buzz would inspire me to make my first trip to parkhead on the Saturday glowing from the midweek equaliser. 26£ a head killie took a good support up . Leigh Griffiths would latch onto a long ball from Kouassi to put Celtic ahead just before the break . McCulloch having lost 5-0 at parkhead the month earlier thankfully punted . Clarke had Jones in the ten position again. Jones picked up some pace and ran and shot from twenty yards off the post . Odonnell collected . Jones screaming for it plays one two with Rory and slips it past Gordon it’s 1-1 .  Bedlam again my jeans ripped down the knee as I fall into row behind celebrating. That week would be defining on our season . 

A humbling from Aberdeen would follow at home and a 3-0 loss to Hibs despite hitting post about 4 times . Wins started to come quick a win at st Johnstone a pumping of Partick then Motherwell then a come back again against the huns .  Through with last minute penalty against county in the cup . Hibs away a draw . 
Winter break to regroup and player and manager of month which would follow again in month to come .
Celtic come to town and mulumbu runs riot . Brora sent packing and then another win against County . Motherwell away Sod screamer . Dundee down to ten men and win 3-2 with Iain Wilson becoming Lionel messi . Come back from 2-0 down against Hibs to draw and should have won . Draw away at Aberdeen and Hearts . Beating St Johnstone midweek a master class from JJ . 

Leads us to Ibrox on Saturday . A confident killie side go up do a job on rangers . The fans delirious and players and Alex Dyer giving it laldy . The transformation of our clubs . Belief , organisation , resilience, confidence and most importantly togetherness . The board in Bowie has choosen the dearer option after cheap Clarke , Jig and Locke . Clarke without saying anything much has got all fans buzzing for games and backing the club . The 7500 who turned out to watch us fall just short on Tuesday last week shows the change. Incredible how we are secured top six . Standards are raised for everyone involved with club now . Let’s go after Hibs and see if we can make this season even more memorable with a European place . 8 games remain let’s make them count . 

Delighted to be back where we belong . 

6 minutes ago, CraigM said:

Is there any word on when the post split fixtures will be announced? I’m thinking I should get up to see this team before the end of the season. Seems like maybe Hibs away would be a good shout.

They'll announce them when they've figured out how to avoid Celtic winning the league against Rangers.

1 hour ago, cammy_boy said:

There is always one midweek fixture after the split im sure. The penultimate one maybe so you very possably could. 

Post-split dates 2017/18
Fixture round 34 - weekend of April 21
Fixture round 35 - weekend of April 28
Fixture round 36 - weekend of May 5
Fixture round 37 - midweek of May 9
Fixture round 38 - weekend of May 12

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Post-split dates 2017/18
Fixture round 34 - weekend of April 21
Fixture round 35 - weekend of April 28
Fixture round 36 - weekend of May 5
Fixture round 37 - midweek of May 9
Fixture round 38 - weekend of May 12

Will the TV money go into a pot for the 6 clubs or does it go to the clubs involved in specific matches, if so a couple of TV games would swell the coffers....?

4 minutes ago, tanerba'Tam said:

Will the TV money go into a pot for the 6 clubs or does it go to the clubs involved in specific matches, if so a couple of TV games would swell the coffers....?

Don't get TV money for league games.

It all goes in to prize money for league positions.

Ranking

2017-18 Prize Money

£3 Million

£2.11 Million

£1.81 Million

£1.59 Million

£1.48 Million

£1.37 Million

£1.26 Million

£1.21 Million

£1.15 Million

£1.11 Million

£1.04 Million

£990,000

11 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Don't get TV money for league games.

It all goes in to prize money for league positions.

Ranking

2017-18 Prize Money

£3 Million

£2.11 Million

£1.81 Million

£1.59 Million

£1.48 Million

£1.37 Million

£1.26 Million

£1.21 Million

£1.15 Million

£1.11 Million

£1.04 Million

£990,000

Cheers SH big jump under SC from LM's day, 4th or at worse 5th will be huge bonus all round...

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:45 PM, Teethgrinder said:

what a season!  In February I was blown away to think we had won 3 games in a row for the first time in years, and now we've only gone and done it again in the same season!  Remarkable.  the amount of green on our form stats is breathtaking  - http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=scotland&stats=9-kilmarnock

Four clean sheets in our last eight league games is particularly encouraging.

13 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

Top 6 will give us a serious extra wedge of cash. £110000 minimum extra prize money plus 2/3 home gates against bigger supported teams.

Add in the TIK money and there's a good basis for next season to build on.

I make it £160,000 extra minimum. Do we not also get the money earlier than bottom 6 clubs, which would enable us to bring in players sooner.