Action against Russia

skygod

What should we do in response to their using nerve agents on the streets of the UK?

We did next to nothing after Litvinenko was assassinated in 2006.

The whole spying business seems a bit passé in the age of satellite surveillance and the cybersphere.

It's tempting to say that we should send in a crack SAS team to assassinate Putin but that's a bit fanciful.

I don't see how the government can allow this to pass as quietly as did last time but what sanctions are available to it aren't clear. We are dependent to an extent on Russian gas while the government welcomes with open arms oligarchs who fuel the city money markets and prop up the London property market.

Russia should never have been awarded the World Cup which will only serve as a propaganda exercise, much like the Sochi winter Olympics. They have repeatedly been exposed as a country which dopes in sport on an industrial scale.

One measure which should be taken is to replace the clownshoe currently acting as Foreign Secretary. No country will take us seriously while he is in situ.

12 hours ago, RAG said:

What Boris Johnson said about;  "Putin using the World Cup, like Hitler used the Olympics" has to be one of the stupidest, ignorant things ever said by a British politician.

26.6 million people died in the USSR in WW2..

It was actually Labour's Ian Austin that said it but Boris went on to agree with him.

2 hours ago, Fankle said:

It was actually Labour's Ian Austin that said it but Boris went on to agree with him.

Was just gonna say the same, it was Labour  knucklehead Ian Austin who suggested the Hitler analogy... Boris was daft enough to agree with him.

These Westminster loons make a mockery of us all... but hey, we're better together and all that!

1 hour ago, Scooter said:

... Boris was daft enough to agree with him.

Proof, if any were needed, that you don't need even an above population mean IQ to hold high office in the UK. All you need is to have gone to the right, eye wateringly expensive school. 

I have only skipped over the Labour guy because I have never heard of him but I am sure he could give Boris a run for his money in a race to the bottom.