Stlll a great season

Squirrelhumper

We go again. We gave it a go and didn’t go out on a whimper as we maybe have in the past. Took it to penalties and can’t complain as they deserved to win the shootout. 

Still plenty to play for. Fifth place up for grabs. A distant chance of fourth with an amazing combination of results. And we begin to rebuild this club properly. 

Very proud of everyone tonight. We have the best manager and assistant manager in Scotland and the transformation of our team is nothing less than miraculous. In the last two matches that we have played against every single team in the Premiership, no team has beaten us over 90, or even 120, minutes. That is the equivalent of half a season unbeaten - when did we ever achieve that before?

Sir Steve left St Mirren a few months before they won the Scottish Cup and I really thought that he would complete that unfinished business with us this season. 

Four points clear in fifth place - you could have been sectioned for predicting that at the start of the season. Absolutely gutted tonight, but this is just the start of something big for our great club.

Hoping for Motherwell to win the Cup now. I would normally support Aberdeen against either of the Glasgow arse cheeks, but I despise McInnes after seeing his antics tonight and I can't wish them any success as long as he is there.

The players have played a lot of games - this result might take it out of them even more but they have shown great character in the past few weeks.

Anyway, if you had told me in October that before the end of the season we would lose out in a penalty shoot-out at Rugby Park, after two hard fought draws, I would have presumed we had somehow scraped into the relegation play-off..... That ain't going to be happening now and this is different gravy!

2 minutes ago, KillieBus said:

The players have played a lot of games - this result might take it out of them even more but they have shown great character in the past few weeks.

Anyway, if you had told me in October that before the end of the season we would lose out in a penalty shoot-out at Rugby Park, after two hard fought draws, I would have presumed we had somehow scraped into the relegation play-off..... That ain't going to be happening now and this is different gravy!

Spot on.  

So far it's been a brilliant season ( the part of season after McCulloch left that is) ........from relegation candidates to ATM a top 5 position......some fantastic unbelievable results , turning round that miserable home form including some great comebacks ......fantastic goals ...the new Kris Boyd , players like Broadfoot, Brophy and Power have blossomed under Clarke and Dyer ......the signing of Mulumbu and his influence on our team , management team who improve all the players and make them believe....and so much more 

Us fans after the hurt of tonight now need to back the team again and hopefully we can end the season on a high.....including sweeping away the Accies twice 

Edited by Scouser2

We'll do well for the experience of tonight. That must have been a first for a lot of our team to play in that type of match. The likes of Brophy, Taylor, Findlay, Kiltie, Jones, McKenzie won’t really have featured in the later stages of cup competition. Even Erwin and O'Donnell I can’t think of going on prolonged runs in the kept. For me the big games a lot of them were used to were relegation battles and a completely different kettle of fish. In comparison most of the Aberdeen team had a final or two under there belt and also a winners medal or two as well. 

Penalties aside we coped really well with the pressures tonight and we will be able to use the experience going forward. These are the games we want to be involved in and it requires a different mentality I think we showed tonight we had that. 

1 hour ago, KA9Killie said:

Hoping for Motherwell to win the Cup now. I would normally support Aberdeen against either of the Glasgow arse cheeks, but I despise McInnes after seeing his antics tonight and I can't wish them any success as long as he is there.

Horrible little person. The 4th official must have had ear plugs in otherwise he’d surely have lamped him. The ‘unpleasant individual’ still found time to moan on the radio that our goal was a foul. The only thing worse than a bad loser is a bad winner as they say and he certainly is one. I am sure with a performance like that both him and his mouthpiece on the park G Shinnie will be installed at their spiritual home down Govan way before long.

Edited by david mcbeth
Moderate language

4 hours ago, david mcbeth said:

Horrible little person. The 4th official must have had ear plugs in otherwise he’d surely have lamped him. The ‘unpleasant individual’ still found time to moan on the radio that our goal was a foul. The only thing worse than a bad loser is a bad winner as they say and he certainly is one. I am sure with a performance like that both him and his mouthpiece on the park G Shinnie will be installed at their spiritual home down Govan way before long.

spot on

6 hours ago, david mcbeth said:

The 4th official needed to grow a set he let that wee rat bag do what he wanted last night absolutely hopeless