Attendance tonight

Dillinger

Credit to the fans who took heed and turned up early.  We were in place around twenty five minutes before kick-off and judging by the amount of people in the ground at that time it looked to be heading for an attendance of between 10,000-12,000. The usual surge of people in the last ten minutes didn't happen last night other than people going into the top half of the Moffat, so the attendance looked right.

I know for a fact that when Thistle play against Celtic or Sevco the police intermittently stop cars to let fans cross the road after a game. That never seems to happen after games at RP with a few occasions of fans versus cars and loss of temper on Dundonald Road last night.

Realistically, if we get 10-15% new regulars from the 4000 extra supporters we got last night - then that's a great bonus for next season.

The thing I couldn't believe was the surprise from the radio panel that the home crowd applauded the team off at the end of the game.

Just checked the thread again, and five people are accusing Billy Bowie and the rest of the Board of knowingly being in charge of financial irregularities. I suppose Killiehippo is just moving on from hotel thieves. It must be a sad life constantly thinking people are lying. It's a serious allegation they're making.

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

I know for a fact that when Thistle play against Celtic or Sevco the police intermittently stop cars to let fans cross the road after a game. That never seems to happen after games at RP with a few occasions of fans versus cars and loss of temper on Dundonald Road last night.

Parking was a bit nuts last night. Lots of cars parked on the access from Dundonald road into RP which I’ve never seen at a home game before. What made it worse was one guy trying to do a U-turn as the crowd was leaving the stadium. 

3 minutes ago, piffer said:

Parking was a bit nuts last night. Lots of cars parked on the access from Dundonald road into RP which I’ve never seen at a home game before. What made it worse was one guy trying to do a U-turn as the crowd was leaving the stadium. 

Yes, thought it was a bit crazy at the time.

22 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Just checked the thread again, and five people are accusing Billy Bowie and the rest of the Board of knowingly being in charge of financial irregularities. I suppose Killiehippo is just moving on from hotel thieves. It must be a sad life constantly thinking people are lying. It's a serious allegation they're making.

Mr. Negative

Mister_Negative.jpg

Edited by Wrangodog

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

I've been checking the forum for your thread congratulating the Killie fans for turning out in numbers for the big game. 

I'm sure it's there somewhere..... 

9 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

I was in Dundonald Road end of East Stand and was very surprised at the number of empty seats around us. Considering they were saying the East had sold out I have no idea where that came from, there was  block of about 20 seats in front of me empty alone 

We had a group of about 10 kids chancing their luck in our row. They ended up squeezing into 5 seats, had orange tickets so family section.

3 hours ago, gdevoy said:

Well, it proves the fans are out there. All we need to do is figure out how to persuade them to turn up more often.

Do away with League fixtures and just play cup-ties...

This is where the missing come into their own.

Have to say there is nothing like a good cup-tie as the expectation level is more intense.

image.jpeg.dad22d97669d5736e3e8751480566559.jpeg

Here's one of our problems. Our stadium is far too big, but the Board appear to have no long term plans to address it. We need to start being imaginative. A recent thread on here produced loads of ideas. Drive crowds up, but create a realistic capacity to aim for.

4 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Here's one of our problems. Our stadium is far too big, but the Board appear to have no long term plans to address it. We need to start being imaginative. A recent thread on here produced loads of ideas. Drive crowds up, but create a realistic capacity to aim for.

Agree with most of your comments M07, unlike some on here, but last night AND the The Rangers and Celtic games prove that the stadium is just fine. A few seats lost to hospitality won’t hurt though. Gets another more attractive revenue stream in play....

53 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

It's not exactly a pressing problem, is it? The stadium is too big? Worst case, stands sit empty not generating revenue yet incurring maintenance costs.

"Address it" how? Any structural measures incur costs.

The Moffat and Chadwick Stands still generate a lot of revenue at least three times a season when the OF call.

The East and FB Stands contain enough capacity for current home support needs.  

You seem to have answered the problem yourself - drive crowds up. Fill the empty seats. Knocking down stands or doing whatever it is you're hinting at wouldn't help achieve this.

Edited by skygod

The hospitality section at back of FB stand is an interesting work in progress. It does seem to be taking an age to finish it.Kinda wonder what the delay is?Any ideas? Of course it would suit the club/QTS to get this up and running ASAP. Would be very interesting if there was to be a similar section at the other end of the stand too.It would generate income and condense the other supporters into a smaller area creating the impression of being busier and hopefully a better atmosphere. Crowd was just about as reported last night. There was plenty random empty seats around the East Stand and elsewhere. The dark coloured seats in the Moffat often make them look occupied when they arent. Or at least they do to my old eyes.

35 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

What, like closing the Moffat Stand except for BIG matches?

6 minutes ago, Graeme S said:

The hospitality section at back of FB stand is an interesting work in progress. It does seem to be taking an age to finish it.Kinda wonder what the delay is?Any ideas? Of course it would suit the club/QTS to get this up and running ASAP. Would be very interesting if there was to be a similar section at the other end of the stand too.It would generate income and condense the other supporters into a smaller area creating the impression of being busier and hopefully a better atmosphere. Crowd was just about as reported last night. There was plenty random empty seats around the East Stand and elsewhere. The dark coloured seats in the Moffat often make them look occupied when they arent. Or at least they do to my old eyes.

Sure I saw someone on here say it was Structural issues that cause.