Attendance tonight

Dillinger

7 minutes ago, Graeme S said:

The hospitality section at back of FB stand is an interesting work in progress. It does seem to be taking an age to finish it.Kinda wonder what the delay is?Any ideas? Of course it would suit the club/QTS to get this up and running ASAP. Would be very interesting if there was to be a similar section at the other end of the stand too.It would generate income and condense the other supporters into a smaller area creating the impression of being busier and hopefully a better atmosphere. Crowd was just about as reported last night. There was plenty random empty seats around the East Stand and elsewhere. The dark coloured seats in the Moffat often make them look occupied when they arent. Or at least they do to my old eyes.

I think it's a bit odd to build a hospitality box with a restricted view of the pitch. 

Since all other avenues include significant investment (in terms of the stadium), I'm not sure what can otherwise be done. 

In an ideal world, I think the FB would be rebuilt to accommodate hospitality, media and comfy seats, whilst the overall capacity should be reduced to around 12000, with safe standing and no reserved seating. 

How much is the Euromillions jackpot this week? 

1 minute ago, Scooby_Doo said:

I think it's a bit odd to build a hospitality box with a restricted view of the pitch. 

Since all other avenues include significant investment (in terms of the stadium), I'm not sure what can otherwise be done. 

In an ideal world, I think the FB would be rebuilt to accommodate hospitality, media and comfy seats, whilst the overall capacity should be reduced to around 12000, with safe standing and no reserved seating. 

How much is the Euromillions jackpot this week? 

Maybe the fact the folk in the box would be half canned means the view is less of an issue?

Structural issues do sound quite possible.Usually such issues can be overcome albeit at a cost. I would guess the plan was to do some cheap hospitality however the issues have put a spanner in the works for that one and it looks like its gonna cost more than planned.

As scooby says it would be great if there was an easy way to improve things but all comes at a cost. 

i thot boydie & the boys were doing it as a homer the length of time its taken to build... not a really good advert for company building it if there looking for work....

can we put another score board on the wall when finished to stop having to move to see time played

Money would be better spent on the facilities for the disabled supporters who occupy that end. The current set up is abysmal, wheelchair users confined to freezing cold boxes and excluded from sitting with their own fans, it's a pretty poor match day experience for these guys... 

19 minutes ago, Malkmus said:

Money would be better spent on the facilities for the disabled supporters who occupy that end. The current set up is abysmal, wheelchair users confined to freezing cold boxes and excluded from sitting with their own fans, it's a pretty poor match day experience for these guys... 

Plus last night they would've seen the ball for about 10% of the game, given the time it spent in the air.

2 hours ago, Malkmus said:

They are indeed a disgrace.

3 hours ago, Graeme S said:

The hospitality section at back of FB stand is an interesting work in progress. It does seem to be taking an age to finish it.Kinda wonder what the delay is?Any ideas? Of course it would suit the club/QTS to get this up and running ASAP. Would be very interesting if there was to be a similar section at the other end of the stand too.It would generate income and condense the other supporters into a smaller area creating the impression of being busier and hopefully a better atmosphere. Crowd was just about as reported last night. There was plenty random empty seats around the East Stand and elsewhere. The dark coloured seats in the Moffat often make them look occupied when they arent. Or at least they do to my old eyes.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Stevie had put a stop to building work going on during training sessions as it was distracting him and the players.

We're trying to create a better atmosphere, so 14000 seats empty apart from the OF, isn't ok. Even with the OF its nearly half empty because our own supporters refuse to turn up. We can drive up the crowds, but 18000 or near it will never happen. How does Tuesday night prove its ok? Even with massive interest it was half full. The fact that we have a stand closed helps nothing. If it's hardly ever going to be used it needs to stop being a white elephant and serve some purpose. As I say, we had some great ideas on here and a long term plan needs to be made. We can actually do more than one thing at once. 9000 would have been even better in a 12000 capacity stadium. 

11 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

We're trying to create a better atmosphere, so 14000 seats empty apart from the OF, isn't ok. Even with the OF its nearly half empty because our own supporters refuse to turn up. We can drive up the crowds, but 18000 or near it will never happen. How does Tuesday night prove its ok? Even with massive interest it was half full. The fact that we have a stand closed helps nothing. If it's hardly ever going to be used it needs to stop being a white elephant and serve some purpose. As I say, we had some great ideas on here and a long term plan needs to be made. We can actually do more than one thing at once. 9000 would have been even better in a 12000 capacity stadium. 

12,000 would be an ideal size, however unless someone comes in with mega bucks and decides to redesign Rugby Park then we're stuck with what we have. The stadium didn't look, or feel half full. It was brilliant the other night and proof that folk are willing to come if we get things right on and off the park. I finally think we are getting there. You need to be patient. Clarke has been here for six months so let's keep a little bit of perspective here.

14 hours ago, Malkmus said:

The fact is that QTS are paying for the facility, word I’ve heard is that they will go whole length of FB Stand if crowds don’t increase. (Got to make money somehow.

disabled section is an issue, sadly due to stairs it is impractical to get fans up to middle level, current facility could/should be moved to FB Enclosure IMO

33 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

I'd prefer a smaller stadium, but the only problem the stadium size causes is to do with atmosphere.

The size of the stadium doesn't affect attendances.

Should we ever alleviate the issue of poor attendances, we would then bemoan having too small a stadium.

The real reasons for poor attendances have been discussed to death on here, dominant OF, televised games every weekend, lack of interest, lost generations, lapsed fans etc etc etc. 

For the love of god, lets not add another thing to moan about to that list please.

Edited by BR1869
typo

52 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Another thing on those lines is 'matchday experience'. Since they crammed so many seats in, legroom is disgraceful unless you're a small child or in row P. O sat in the Chadwick for the rugby game and it was even worse. Those away fans that stand up the back have no choice. The distance between the back of my seat and the one in front was shorter than my thigh. I had to put my feet on the seat in front. 

It's one of the things that add up to people not coming back. 

@Mclean07 what do you think we can do here without serious capital being invested? 

29 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

The fact is that QTS are paying for the facility, word I’ve heard is that they will go whole length of FB Stand if crowds don’t increase. (Got to make money somehow.

disabled section is an issue, sadly due to stairs it is impractical to get fans up to middle level, current facility could/should be moved to FB Enclosure IMO

I just think that if they took out a few rows of seating in that section of the FB and built a ramp for access at the side entry by the big gate it would work with minimum fuss. They deserve a better environment in which to enjoy the game, I'm reluctant to say anything positive about them but Rangers have got the right approach for inclusive attendance and it's a pleasure to be seated with your own fans.

32 minutes ago, Scooby_Doo said:

Another thing on those lines is 'matchday experience'. Since they crammed so many seats in, legroom is disgraceful unless you're a small child or in row P. O sat in the Chadwick for the rugby game and it was even worse. Those away fans that stand up the back have no choice. The distance between the back of my seat and the one in front was shorter than my thigh. I had to put my feet on the seat in front. 

@Mclean07 what do you think we can do here without serious capital being invested? 

Without sounding cheeky but take it you're a big lad? My mate who I go with to the games (sit in the East) is about 6ft 3 and well at himself and he manages to cope with the space shortage between seats. I agree with you that its not ideal and more leg room would be better but its not unbearable.

54 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

How is extending the hospitality area going to bring in more money ? We can't fill it at the current size for most home games, let alone an increased hospitality area. There is also the question of how much work can be done to what is basically a wooden stand with the inherent fire risk and with poor sighting due to the metal support pillars.

24 minutes ago, Fudgey1989 said:

Without sounding cheeky but take it you're a big lad? My mate who I go with to the games (sit in the East) is about 6ft 3 and well at himself and he manages to cope with the space shortage between seats. I agree with you that its not ideal and more leg room would be better but its not unbearable.

I'm about 6ft 1, although I do have long legs. In any case, my brother in law who sometimes comes to games with me is of similar build and we can't sit in adjacent seats. That is row Z of the East Stand, perhaps it is different elsewhere. 

Legroom in the FB is much better, but it has a restricted view at points. 

3 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

@Scooby_DooI'm obviously not sure about what would be involved structurally, but we could either start removing rows of seats in certain sections for more comfort. An adjustment would be better than taking full rows out, but don't know if that's possible. I would extend the boxes all the way across the FB and try to rent then out during the week for meetings etc as well as match days. I would bust a gut to get a safe standing area in the front of the East or the Moffat. Let's start with those objectives. Finance? TiK, Stadium naming rights, Corporate sponsorship foe boxes and maybe another Priviledge seat scheme. 

3 hours ago, Fudgey1989 said:

Well I am around 5'8" sit in the East and the legroom is crap. Bobby Fleeting f**ked up all those years ago. Don't underestimate how many fans it puts off buying a season ticket having to squeeze into those seats. Going to the toilet or the pie stalls is a major exercise. Not a great experience. 

31 minutes ago, harley said:

Well I am around 5'8" sit in the East and the legroom is crap. Bobby Fleeting f**ked up all those years ago. Don't underestimate how many fans it puts off buying a season ticket having to squeeze into those seats. Going to the toilet or the pie stalls is a major exercise. Not a great experience. 

I agree with you there. I had a good few pints before the game on Tuesday and was up and down like a yo-yo. The boy at the end of my row must of been into his Mrs the amount of times I had to dry ride her to get past her.

Older fans will recall that the stand now known as the Frank Beattie was paid for from the sale of Bobby Kennedy to Manchester City. Why not just allocate all future transfer fees to a fund for refurbishing the stadium ? We seem to be able to get decent players without paying fees for them, so let's put some money towards addressing the facilities for handicapped fans as a priority. If we don't, the law will probably compel us to.

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

@Scooby_DooI'm obviously not sure about what would be involved structurally, but we could either start removing rows of seats in certain sections for more comfort. An adjustment would be better than taking full rows out, but don't know if that's possible. I would extend the boxes all the way across the FB and try to rent then out during the week for meetings etc as well as match days. I would bust a gut to get a safe standing area in the front of the East or the Moffat. Let's start with those objectives. Finance? TiK, Stadium naming rights, Corporate sponsorship foe boxes and maybe another Priviledge seat scheme. 

It is tough - I wonder if financially, rebuilding the FB would be better.