Season Report

rm0199

Last night was gutting, no doubt about it. However, 6 months ago, we had three points from 8 games, had been hammered in the League Cup, and my own personal feeling was that we were going to get relegated or be in a relegation battle similar to recent years if things didn't change.

To now have had a season where we are comfortably top 6 (or should be), and are gutted to lose a quarter final in the Scottish Cup to what has been the second best team in Scotland for the past few years on penalties says it all. We have made massive strides and will continue to do for the remainder of the season - I have no doubt about that. Everyone in the club deserves so much praise - from the board, to the management team, to the players. 

I haven't been able to go to as many games recently due to living away, but the past few months and the games I have been to / watched have been brilliant - the best for me since I first started going way back when. We are very lucky to have the manager we have - lets continue to enjoy it this season and progress next season. 2018-19 could be brilliant if we keep our management team and players together!

A good assessment of our season so far.

I also live and work away from Killie and have done for many years (Aberd**n for 23 years, then Stirling for the last 3). Since I retired from playing the beautiful game 10 years ago, there has been very little incentive for me to make the effort to go to Killie games ... until now. 

Like yourself, I envisioned another season at the arse-end of the table, with plenty of spankings (see what I did there?) from the top 6 and needless points thrown away against fellow strugglers (4-0 losses to Dundee and County, anyone?).

Last night was a real disappointment,as I fully expected us to win a tight game and I don't think I was alone in my optimism - that says a lot for the incredible transformation under Steve Clarke.

The next game against The Rangers FC will be a test of our mettle and resilience follwing the defeat last night. It'll be interesting to see if the heads have gone down or if The Rangers FC suffer a backlash.

I'll be there!

KTID