Broadfoot

Mclean07

24 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Broadfoot the scapegoat.

No mention of how pish Mulumbu was.

I thought Mulumbu was played to far forward. He dictates games better from back to middle. It may be him, Dicker and Power can't all play at the same time in certain games. Needed a Kiltie in Mulumbu's position last night. 

2 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Lost us the game with his mad decision to risk a penalty.

Only Broadfoot who cost us the game was it? What about the penalty takers? 

It appears nowadays, be it fans or players, you can't help yourself but find something to moan about.

Newsflash.... we win as a team we lose as a team.

9 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Only Broadfoot who cost us the game was it? What about the penalty takers? 

It appears nowadays, be it fans or players, you can't help yourself but find something to moan about.

Newsflash.... we win as a team we lose as a team.

Ok, I'll raise an alert every time an individual player is criticised from this point on. I didn't realise it had been banned. I must have dreamt about the vitriol and personal abuse that rained down on Broadfoot after the Hearts game.

1 hour ago, Scooby_Doo said:

The only way Mulumbu could have had more influence would have been to give him a jetpack and elevate him to the level of the floodlights, as that seemed to be where the ball was for the most part. 

Two teams responsible for that. Looked like our goal came from a hopeful punt.

Not blaming Broadfoot for last night, but I had been concerned for a while that he would get penalised one day. He does hold onto opponents every time at corners, throws and just even when the ball comes into the box in normal play. It seems to me that it is rather more obvious than some other defenders make it look. The silly thing about last night’s incident is that May was no threat at the time.

Everyone agrees Neil Lennon on match day is a few coco pops short of a breakfast but like it or not the man is spot on about the quality of refereeing in this country.

only good ref in Scotland I've ever seen with my own eyes was indeed the Israeli guy. completely strolled the full 90 minutes and knew all the rules of the game without making half of it up as he went along 

6 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Just like they make up bigger crowds if the figure announced doesn't suit them.

Obviously meaning the thread I made last night. I don't have a crowd obsession like you so I don't really care if the figure is true or not, I was just saying that in my opinion there couldn't have been 9,000 empty seats in the place. I was happy with the crowd as it was - if 8,800 was right enough then that's a good crowd.

As to your original post about Broadfoot, nonsense, as with everything you post on here.

You going on Saturday or do you have an excuse lined up?

A very soft penalty and KB was suckered by the pony tailed one who new exactly what he was doing a kind of 'cheating' for the team  but this wasn't the reason we lost the game there were other more realistic reasons for a very wiinable game getting away and as has been said Broad foot has been one of our top performers lately!

Looked supersoft but hands were on him giving him the opportunity to make the most. Thinking back to St J days May always went down easy so no change there.

If it had been other way round McInnes would have been moaning again about going down easy - touche!

Think that's very unfair, was hardly in the Steven Smith category! Never a penalty for me. Beyond soft. Boyd was getting his jersey pulled all night in the penalty area right under McLean's nose but we got nothing. Broadfoot has been outstanding for us having started the season looking like one of the worst defenders I've ever seen in a Killie shirt. He was very unfortunate there. Think the ref decided to balance it up as he could easily have given a foul against Brophy for our goal - given who the ref was I was amazed he didn't at the time.

Wasn't at the game but it's no real surprise to what the penalty was for ... Broadfoot is all over players at setpieces and has been lucky so far not to concede more fouls for it BUT I don't remember Pascali getting ripped for it when it was his favourite tactic in the last 12-18 months he was here.

Broadfoot deservedly got abuse at the start of the season as he was good for pretty much a goal a game to the opposition ... however his form since Sir Steve signed on has to make him one of the first names on the teamsheet every week.

Can't get this one out of my head, not this week, maybe never. None of it makes sense. If some are saying that big Kirk wraps his arms around opponents in the box,  how does May then get flung to the floor in the same instant? 'Holding' isn't 'barging over'. Defying the laws of physics surely? But not the SPFL match official law of incompetence or even the Derek McInnes double standards two faced law  of bare faced diving apparently (I might have just made those last two up but they seem real to me)