gers away, Fred

CB

The Huns fan forum is just a brilliant read . Before the game they nearly all say that it should be a routine win , irrespective of who they are playing ( bar Celtic) . They have no conception of how far they’ve fallen . Then they move on to moaning because they aren’t winning . Once they start losing they begin calling each other various Catholic names , not repeatable here . 

To finish up, they demand that Steve Clarke should be installed as manager by Monday morning. Please , please, please let them go bust again .   

Just now, Chippie66 said:

Fantastic win... was glad when power came on , steadied things in the midfield

Very much so. I like Tish, but he's just lacking something. Today it was the ability to put a foot in and track his man, Power did that when he came on, and he did it brilliantly.

Killie have been the Scottish football success story 

Steve Clarke has really brought something to the Scottish football party. 

Scottish football media, get him to feck away from what he is doing. 

No , let’s see how far this could actually go next season. 

Nup, just get him away from Kilmarnock, to rangers or even down south. They’d prefer him to even leave the Scottish game than manage us. 

• CB unpinned this topic

Dyer is always in among the celebrations, he seems like a top bloke - possibly where all the team spirit is coming from (I think SC actually admitted that in an interview recently!)

Big Boydie hasn't cracked a smile since he scored! 

Edited by jesper

BBC had to switch them off, a collection of failed Managers and assistants in shock and awe that someone with some ability can take a collection of professional footballers and turn them into a winning team....surely thats the point...Willie greeting face Miller well I'll just not bother with him...as for Billy Dodds comment that Steve came across as an unassuming and quiet man when he was an apprentice at Chelsea and he never thought he would be the type of guy to make it as a manager...beggars belief the arrogance that as an apprentice he thought he had that kind of insight...arrrrrgh....ask the Staggies fans what they think of his ability.....

That was sensational. I never thought I'd see us win there. Fans were sensational start to finish. The "you're f**king s**te" chant for about twenty minutes was fantastic. How can you call yourself a fan of a football team and leave with ten minutes to go when only one Nil down? Hilarious 

I posted earlier in the week that I was confident and on the evidence of today's game, it's easy to see why. Steve Clarke is just a million miles ahead of a Lego muncher like Graeme Murty - there's no way he was getting outsmarted.

Our poorest spell often seems to be in the first half. Thought that was the case again today. The first half hour, I felt it took us a while to settle in to our roles. A lot of time on the ball for The Rangers, a few chances where we should be closing them down sooner, and too many wayward passes not allowing us to get out our own half properly. Likes of Dicker gave it away far too easily. 

How their 27 avoided a booking for either challenge for Dicker defies belief.

Last 15 we really grew in to it and finished with our best spell of the first half. Thought we were looking good for a goal. 

As always happens in these games where we don't play to our highest level in first half, Clarke sorted them out. His half time management is absolutely fantastic - he basically always gets a response out of them. 

Dicker had a far better half. Mulumbu was able to exert more control. Taylor won more. Jones was brought in to the game far more often and had Tavernier on toast. Chances were being made for Brophy and Boyd. 

Thought we really deserved the goal when it came. Boyd poked home with one of his only touches!

After that we saw it out well. Bringing on Erwin who excels at hold up play and Rory who works hard were both good changes. Maybe got a bit lucky with them hitting the bar but if we're getting our turn of having good luck it's certainly overdue!

Never in doubt. Got our tactics right, beat a team who aren't as good as us, and send the zombies home for the early subway! Easy. 

25 minutes ago, galbraj said:

So when was the last time we finished with  50pts in the league? (I'm going to assume we beat Accies twice and Partick)

2006-07, when we finished on 55pts...same total as 2005-06. Highest in a long time (I think) was 1998-99 with 56....So 11 more points (surely) and the highest for a very long time.