gers away, Fred

CB

31 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

I posted earlier in the week that I was confident and on the evidence of today's game, it's easy to see why. Steve Clarke is just a million miles ahead of a Lego muncher like Graeme Murty - there's no way he was getting outsmarted.

Our poorest spell often seems to be in the first half. Thought that was the case again today. The first half hour, I felt it took us a while to settle in to our roles. A lot of time on the ball for The Rangers, a few chances where we should be closing them down sooner, and too many wayward passes not allowing us to get out our own half properly. Likes of Dicker gave it away far too easily. 

How their 27 avoided a booking for either challenge for Dicker defies belief.

Last 15 we really grew in to it and finished with our best spell of the first half. Thought we were looking good for a goal. 

As always happens in these games where we don't play to our highest level in first half, Clarke sorted them out. His half time management is absolutely fantastic - he basically always gets a response out of them. 

Dicker had a far better half. Mulumbu was able to exert more control. Taylor won more. Jones was brought in to the game far more often and had Tavernier on toast. Chances were being made for Brophy and Boyd. 

Thought we really deserved the goal when it came. Boyd poked home with one of his only touches!

After that we saw it out well. Bringing on Erwin who excels at hold up play and Rory who works hard were both good changes. Maybe got a bit lucky with them hitting the bar but if we're getting our turn of having good luck it's certainly overdue!

Never in doubt. Got our tactics right, beat a team who aren't as good as us, and send the zombies home for the early subway! Easy. 

Spot on. Never known a manager have as much impact consistently at half time.  God knows what he does 

6 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

Away with that nonsense!

Mate has just sent me a photo outside the team bus where he's beaming 

It was said somewhat lightheartedly. The 5 or 6 times the camera focused on him (and the post match celebration pics) he never showed a hint of a smile. Nor did he celebrate his goal (which is fine, but he sure as s**t used to celebrate when he banged them in against us.)

Anyway, this isn't a Boydie bash, it was a lighthearted comment. The big man's goal won us the game today, with a very solid team performance! 

Get in!

25 minutes ago, Hungryhippo said:

SSC must being clearing a Murty's arse sized space on his mantelpiece tonight...

29261175_1597185160335934_6819787194165624832_n.jpg

I know this was sent in jest poking fun at Murty but did anyone else get a little too excited at the prospect of that many Steve Clarke's?

30 minutes ago, livvy said:

I know this was sent in jest poking fun at Murty but did anyone else get a little too excited at the prospect of that many Steve Clarke's?

It would only be fair to share them out with all the other lesser teams who dont have their own. 

In fact, naaaaaah.. 

Got a free ticket in the home section for today's game through a friend. Had to hold in my celebrations when the goal went in. Got pushed out the door with about 5 mins left to play! Great team game today... killie fans were excellent today!