SCOTTISH CHAMPIONS 2018/19

BILL97

It's crazy because a few months ago, we all had an idea of players who weren't up to snuff and could be replaced in the summer. But some of them have improved so much, and such a team spirit has developed, that the temptation now would be to make minimal changes to the squad.

That's where SC will earn his money as he will know that, to reach another level, some will have to be discarded regardless of how well they have done this season.

I don't know his opinions and he's the pro but it will be interesting to see how things pan out. I think he will be trying with all his powers to persuade the likes of Dicker and Mulumbu to give him one more year. Younger players like Findlay must think that staying would be a great move for their career at this time.

Maybe there won't be the wholesale changes we anticipated a few months ago and more a bit of strategic tinkering to get an extra 10-20%.

Interesting tiimes!

I think a few folk are on the Tennants Super tonight! Holding onto SC and resigning the bulk of the current squad would be achievement in itself. We don’t have the financial might or squad depth to mount a league challenge over the course of a season (with a transfer window in the middle of it) but I’ll bask in the good times while they last. 

46 minutes ago, Isle of Wight Exile said:

We all thought the cup was ours, so we shouldn't take the leauge for granted.

Will be ours to lose though. Will be a fascinating tussle with Celtic.

I know everything is great and we are all delighted and excited with the way things are going but in no circumstances is the league 'ours to lose'. 

3 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Nope but I’m certain we won’t be crazily priced like Leicester were. I’d guess about 25/1 after the way we’ve been playing in recent months. Hope I’m wrong though, 12/1 on top 6 was good value!  

I got 16/1 on top 6. Happy days. Just need to cash in and lump it on Killie winning the treble next season :2:

KTID

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:08 AM, Killie1984 said:

Going by what has been achived so far, with a pre-season under our belts and some new quality players, then we should in theory be challenging for the title next year.

That is just bonkers!

it does seem bonkers, but strangely possible that we can mount a serious challenge based on recent form and indeed all form under SSC.

A big factor will be to see what can be done to strengthen the squad. Rather than worrying about losing current players I believe that most will want to stay and be part of a winning setup. Can't wat to see who SSC can secure to strengthen us.

5 hours ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

McBookie and Bet Victor have paid out now mate so check your account.

Don't have an account actually went in to a Ladbrokes the day after Stevie joined the club and work commitments hampering me getting to a branch to collect the coinage :17: May have to take a sicky this week to get the best odds :7:

15 hours ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Nope but I’m certain we won’t be crazily priced like Leicester were. I’d guess about 25/1 after the way we’ve been playing in recent months. Hope I’m wrong though, 12/1 on top 6 was good value!  

Perspective, we were 9/1 to win at Ibrox. The bookies prices are going to reflect the money placed. Celtic will obviously be hugely backed, you can guarantee the daft Rangers and Aberdeen fans will be backing themselves. There are less of us than there are them. I think you'd be surprised at the price. A few hundred Kilmarnock fans taking a mad bet at a crazy price is good business for the bookies.

Little do they know we are actually going to win the league though.