What if SSC just wants to stay?

Ktid1869

I am trying to imagine life without Steve Clarke as our manager and it doesn't bear thinking about. Maybe if we had been pottering about mid-table for the last few years it wouldn't be so bad, but to go from the depths of despair that we would ever get a win to believing that we can win every game doesn't prepare you for a mere mortal replacing SC. I really hope that he stays for another season because it could influence players into staying at the club and would hopefully boost season ticket sales to a new level. 

The unknown factor in all if this is his family. It's all right seeing them at weekends and for longer periods, like this week for the international break, but they must miss him being there all the time, even allowing for the chaotic lifestyle of a football manager. 

SC strikes me as quite a stubborn bloke, in a charming way, who will not be swayed by anyone, especially the button pushing monkeys on the Sevco board.

This gives me hope that the more these muppets try to noise him up, tipping and pushing for a SC departure to Castle Greyskull, the more SC is thinking 'Well f*ck that then, I'm staying even longer' while being wryly satisfied with himself knowing how much more intelligent he is than anyone else in Scottish Football.

Have to remember . Clarke has an affinity to the club . He’s a loyal guy with class and integrity . He says he isn’t going to any other Scottish club then he isn’t . He will have an idea of the move he wants but his family based in South England would suggest a team down that way . Rangers tried before Christmas and weren’t entertained. Clarke will see his contract out I think and go down as one of our best managers ever . Remember also we gave him a opportunity and free reigns when nobody else would . Loyalty is a two way street . Long live him .

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

I am trying to imagine life without Steve Clarke as our manager and it doesn't bear thinking about. Maybe if we had been pottering about mid-table for the last few years it wouldn't be so bad, but to go from the depths of despair that we would ever get a win to believing that we can win every game doesn't prepare you for a mere mortal replacing SC. I really hope that he stays for another season because it could influence players into staying at the club and would hopefully boost season ticket sales to a new level. 

The unknown factor in all if this is his family. It's all right seeing them at weekends and for longer periods, like this week for the international break, but they must miss him being there all the time, even allowing for the chaotic lifestyle of a football manager. 

Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

But you're right - it doesn't bear thinking about.

1 hour ago, bute-killiefan said:

I'm not sure there are any clubs in England big enough to tempt him away from us, that would be interested in taking him based on his achievements with us.

You have to remember that Engerlish clubs just don't rate Scottish football at all. Remember how Lenny though he could stroll into a job down there? McInnes was offered the Sunderland job but they are a desperate Basket Case. If Brenda goes back south it will be based on his reputation with teams in the "Premiership".

14 minutes ago, skygod said:

Sportsound presenter talking about Killie fans' irritation on social media with continual talk of Clarke leaving!

Boyd asked, and gave stock answer that it's the same with players at Kilmarnock - if you're doing well there will be talk of moves away. 

Thought Boyd spoke well , and it's true clubs are bound to be interested in Clarke and some of our players ....same thing happens in most countries . In Scotland the for the most part , OF driven media often slant things..

But will do us no good to become paranoid about every press comment or posts on other clubs forums about Clarke....

Edited by Scouser2

7 hours ago, skygod said:

Richard Gordon - "I thought I heard on Off The Ball last night that Brendan Rodgers was going to Arsenal and Stevie Clarke taking over at Celtic. So he may have a choice to make!"

I think Clarke is pondering over his choices here - whether to tell these guys to f**k off or to go and f**k themselves. 

I don't think Steve will be giving these lazy " journalists " a moments thought other than having a laugh at their futile efforts to read his mind. He is a man of intellect, drive and success, and it seems unlikely he needs any guidance on his career path from the likes of Billy Dodds or Wullie Miller who may have difficulty in completing the following sequence  --------  (1)  (2)  ( - ) (4) (5)

It is a pleasure to have him as our manager and we will cherish the time he commits to us and wish him ongoing success when he decides to move on.

Nothing suggests he would join up with the two Glasgow nightmares and he has categorically stated that fact to the said " journalists" but perhaps they were too nervous in his presence to take that on board.

Keyboard warriors come to mind when listening to these "journalists" rantings, but I suspect facing Steve directly they are somewhat less emphatic about Killie not being a club that merit his talents. Why they think Rangers, an ongoing car crash, are an attractive alternative defies belief.

1 minute ago, Onlyonecolinmckee said:

Or I should say, I think that’s a fake account. Sorry. 

I don't think it is. I think it's his account rather than the company account.

I can't imagine there's a troll sad enough out there that they set up a Billy Bowie account in 2014 on the off chance he bought Killie, hired Stevie Clarke and then got the opportunity to fool us all.

Plus I'm sure I've seen him reply to comments using it before.