What if SSC just wants to stay?

Ktid1869

You just know the Steve Clarke the next manager of ???is going to be the recurring theme from now until the end of the season and during the summer at least it will give chick and his cronies something to occupy their little minds when the football stops! Hope they won't be too disappointed when he is still our manager at the start of next season!

Much though I trust Billy Bowie and Stevie it would be very easy to puncture this story by making a formal  announcement that SC has committed to the club and will not consider any approaches. Kills the story stone dead and we can get on with business.  It would take seconds to do.  Tweets aren't really enough.

God help the first journalist to raise a question surrounding the MSM's desire to see him move elsewhere. 

I cant remember who, possibly Chic Young, mentioned in an article I read online recently, how intimidating it can be to interview him especially if he's asked a nonsensical question.

Edited by C4mmy31

21 minutes ago, allycowan1 said:

Much though I trust Billy Bowie and Stevie it would be very easy to puncture this story by making a formal  announcement that SC has committed to the club and will not consider any approaches. Kills the story stone dead and we can get on with business.  It would take seconds to do.  Tweets aren't really enough.

Unfortunately it won’t up here.  The BBC and printed media have such a skewed viewpoint that even him buying the club wouldn’t make any difference to their desire to see him go to a “big” club.

utter shower of cvnts

11 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Unfortunately it won’t up here.  The BBC and printed media have such a skewed viewpoint that even him buying the club wouldn’t make any difference to their desire to see him go to a “big” club.

utter shower of cvnts

Have you heard he's buying the club too?

17 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

utter shower of cvnts

This 100%. You just have to live with the fact that there is absolutely nothing SC or BB can do that will shut them up.

However, as alluded to above, not one of them has the moral fibre to bring it up in direct conversation with SC.

45 minutes ago, allycowan1 said:

2 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

This 100%. You just have to live with the fact that there is absolutely nothing SC or BB can do that will shut them up.

However, as alluded to above, not one of them has the moral fibre to bring it up in direct conversation with SC.

They may be deliberately holding back from doing that just to keep our profile in the media (and supporters minds) as high as possible. The more interest shown towards us increases SSC, BB, super KFC's and the players stock which I think can only be a good thing. 

You have to take in to account the massive amount of job satisfaction he has here. It's for that same reason that I've never really looked elsewhere with my own work - the thought that the grass probably won't be greener on the other side. 

Yes, he'll be getting offered more money by some of these clubs, but especially at this moment in his career, he's probably just really enjoying having a group of folk under him who are achieving fantastic results. 

He'll know himself that it would be hard to impossible to find the same levels he's achieving elsewhere. 

55 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

He'll know himself that it would be hard to impossible to find the same levels he's achieving elsewhere. 

He has a squad of players who look up to him and admire him. If he moved he could inherit a squad of majorly under achieving prima-donnas.

He has a good mixture of experienced players who have played at the highest level and young, ambitious guys. He could inherit a squad of young inexperienced players and old cynical guys.

He is working at a club that is well run in terms of its finances. He could inherit a club with major financial instability and find his decisions are being forced on him by external factors. 

He has a load of credit with the fan-base right now and they would probably have some patience if he hits a bumpy spell. He could have to hit the ground running with fans baying for blood if he does not get a win in his first 3 games elsewhere.

The only down side as I see it is the lwo attendances at RP on a Saturday but hopefully that will resolve itself with time.

SC is god.

Reality is that every club has its place on the international football food chain. Liverpool fans last night worried about salah leaving for Spain. Chelsea fans hazard. Even city fans with sane. Spurs fans i know say pochetino certainty to leave for Real Madrid. These top top clubs vulnerable to lose their prize assets, players or managers. At killie we have a more modest position on the food chain. Vultures from the old firm or even Aberdeen and Edinburgh can make life difficult for us as can clubs in the top 3 divisions in England. That’s the reality that B.B. and the board face. He doing all he can. Hire a great management team and ge5 them on mid term contract. Fulfill his investment promises to his team and the fans. Build the brand so killie position in the food chain moves in the right direction. Get the prize player assets on longe4 term contracts or with sell ons. Fend off insulting offers for out top talents ( like rangers jj offer). And remember killie can be vultures to others lower down in the chain. Hunt for the best players playing for Patrick, Ross county, stmirren, Dundee Utd, Morton, Dunfermline. Ensure that however long sc is here is used to create a lasting legacy. Succession planning already underway. Dyer to be groomed to support a seamless assisted by one of the current staff ( Boyd eg.). We can’t gurantee players and manager will be here 24 months from now but we can certainly use the current momentum to build on more solid ground for the future. I think B.B. knows exactly how to steer this out. Exciting times.

9 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

He has a squad of players who look up to him and admire him. If he moved he could inherit a squad of majorly under achieving prima-donnas.

He has a good mixture of experienced players who have played at the highest level and young, ambitious guys. He could inherit a squad of young inexperienced players and old cynical guys.

He is working at a club that is well run in terms of its finances. He could inherit a club with major financial instability and find his decisions are being forced on him by external factors. 

Sorry, but what a lot of tosh!

He could equally inherit a squad of higher quality at a well-run club with much greater financial resources.

I'm all for being optimistic but this is just whistling in the dark. 

We are what we are, a small club currently punching above its weight. We have the potential to achieve something noteworthy but the limits will always be relatively modest. Yesterday, people were getting excited at the prospect of an extra £110,000 in prize-money!

We secured the services of Clarke against the odds and we should hope that we keep him against similar odds. He seems happy with things and the degree of control which he has is maybe a good reason for him to sit tight. He will be curious too to see how much we can achieve together and the prospect of marking the club's 150th anniversary with something special must be tempting.

I would hope that the board is doing all it can in terms of increasing investment and isn't constrained by nonsense surrounding MJ's shareholding.

We have the exciting prospect of a new director from the ranks of the supporters' trust.

Let's calm down, enjoy the present and do our bit to influence the future in a positive way.

10 minutes ago, skygod said:

Sorry, but what a lot of tosh!

He could equally inherit a squad of higher quality at a well-run club with much greater financial resources.

I'm all for being optimistic but this is just whistling in the dark. 

We are what we are, a small club currently punching above its weight. We have the potential to achieve something noteworthy but the limits will always be relatively modest. Yesterday, people were getting excited at the prospect of an extra £110,000 in prize-money!

We secured the services of Clarke against the odds and we should hope that we keep him against similar odds. He seems happy with things and the degree of control which he has is maybe a good reason for him to sit tight. He will be curious too to see how much we can achieve together and the prospect of marking the club's 150th anniversary with something special must be tempting.

I would hope that the board is doing all it can in terms of increasing investment and isn't constrained by nonsense surrounding MJ's shareholding.

We have the exciting prospect of a new director from the ranks of the supporters' trust.

Let's calm down, enjoy the present and do our bit to influence the future in a positive way.

Can't add much to this. If this good time was to last six months, a year or two years it would be a right waste to look back on it and think you hadn't enjoyed it fully because of the worry of it ending!

Steve Clarke will go at some point, that's a definite. He will probably go onto another job too. Success breeds success - if he wasn't being coveted by other clubs, his venture with Kilmarnock was a failure and we would not have what we currently have.

The important thing, the lesson from all of this, is that everyone to do with Kilmarnock now knows what this club, as an entity, can be in Scottish football.

Might have taken a leap of faith from the directors and an undoubted talent to get there but I don't see the next manager being an 'easy option', ' go see if you can keep us in the league', 'how cheap are you' type of appointment.

Are the meeja actually helping our cause by creating a siege mentality, us against the world kind of scenario? Could this galvanise our club even further? If B.B. can orchestrate a season ticket deal which is part of a targeted campaign to increase attendances, timed to coincide with the news of extended contracts for major first team players and the signing of a couple of “big names” close season, we could be finding ourselves in a season defining perfect storm.