What if SSC just wants to stay?

Ktid1869

14 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

I mean who takes the Rangers job next . The guy will be in charge for Celtic winning 10 in a row . Poisoned chalice . If it had been Southampton sniffing about I’d have been worried .

No they won't as Killie will be heading for their third title :2:

• 3 weeks later...

Good interview in the record today with Steve Clarke. He quotes. 

There’s probably a time in your career you might need to go chasing the money because first and foremost it’s a job, a profession, and you have to make sure your family’s secure.

“Your family can be secure for a few generations if you do it properly in professional football because the rewards are there now.

“For me it wasn’t about chasing money. It was about trying to get a job where I could maybe have a longer run at it, a bit more influence in and around the club.

“Kilmarnock just ticked a lot of boxes for me. It was just the right job at the right time.

Hopefully be with us for another couple of seasons then. 

59 minutes ago, Graham said:

Good interview in the record today with Steve Clarke. He quotes. 

There’s probably a time in your career you might need to go chasing the money because first and foremost it’s a job, a profession, and you have to make sure your family’s secure.

“Your family can be secure for a few generations if you do it properly in professional football because the rewards are there now.

“For me it wasn’t about chasing money. It was about trying to get a job where I could maybe have a longer run at it, a bit more influence in and around the club.

“Kilmarnock just ticked a lot of boxes for me. It was just the right job at the right time.

Hopefully be with us for another couple of seasons then. 

In the sun saying hopefully a few more jobs after this!

From the sun

"So there is a feel-good factor about Kilmarnock.

“But I know the downs are there, that they’re around the corner. You can’t get too carried away.”

Clarke is honest enough to admit that, at his current rate of managerial rehabilitation, his head could be turned by a big offer.

He added: “I’d say that I’m a better manager now than I was in my first job.

“Hopefully, there are a few more jobs after this and I will keep on improving. I think there’s probably a time in your career you need to go chasing the money because, first and foremost, it’s a job.

5 hours ago, kfc_superteam said:

From the sun

“But I know the downs are there, that they’re around the corner. You can’t get too carried away.”

Clarke is honest enough to admit that, at his current rate of managerial rehabilitation, his head could be turned by a big offer.

“Hopefully, there are a few more jobs after this and I will keep on improving. I think there’s probably a time in your career you need to go chasing the money because, first and foremost, it’s a job.

giphy.gif

Reasonable adult reading: You have a guy who has worked at the top for a long time, but has recently had an unfulfilling experience or two and is looking to take a step back in order to prove himself by taking on a building project at a club that will give him full support and has strong personal ties. Eventually, he would like to manage again in the biggest competitions against the best teams, but for now he is very happy to do the job he has.

Scottish tabloid reading: "Come and get me, Rangers/Celtic."

8 hours ago, kfc_superteam said:

From the sun

Shady from the Sun to cut the quote there.

On 21/03/2018 at 4:02 PM, G said:

Are the meeja actually helping our cause by creating a siege mentality, us against the world kind of scenario? Could this galvanise our club even further? If B.B. can orchestrate a season ticket deal which is part of a targeted campaign to increase attendances, timed to coincide with the news of extended contracts for major first team players and the signing of a couple of “big names” close season, we could be finding ourselves in a season defining perfect storm.  

Bang on.  The club statement today backs up your point from a few weeks ago.  We're the form team in Scotland, going from relegation fodder to best form in the country, at the right time for the split.   Is all about building expectation.   Players are showing they can handle the pressure of winning back to back.

Edited by RAG