What’s our new target for end of the season?

Eddieeeee

Realistic, 5th.

I think privately he'll be telling the players we can do 4th. We're 6 points off them and will play them again after the split. There's every chance they could have a blip in form while we don't. It's certainly not impossible - would be a big ask and an incredible achievement if we do it, but it's there to be aimed for.

We'd all have absolutely signed up for top six at the start of the season, let alone after the first eight games.

If we finish sixth it'll be an absolutely phenomenal turnaround, top four would be nigh-on unbelievable (from where we were).

Natural Killie fan pessimism still has me thinking this run has to end, but if we keep going as we have been we can absolutely get 4th,

13 minutes ago, historyman said:

Win as many games as we can. 3 defeats in 25 games is absolutely fantastic. If we can keep that run going until the end of the season who knows where we will finish. 

Get the season tickets on sale as soon as possible and take advantage.  

I agree re season tickets.Due to work I have been to more away games than home games this season.7 home v 10 away(in league). However I would like to show my support finacially for the club but buying a season ticket would be just silly as I might only get to 1 more home game.How else could I contribute to the club? Not sure TIK is contributing to club.

14 minutes ago, killiefan27 said:

We'd all have absolutely signed up for top six at the start of the season, let alone after the first eight games.

If we finish sixth it'll be an absolutely phenomenal turnaround, top four would be nigh-on unbelievable (from where we were).

Natural Killie fan pessimism still has me thinking this run has to end, but if we keep going as we have been we can absolutely get 4th,

I think we will fnish 5th which should make SSC an absolute stick on for manager of the year. 

Hibs play Hamilton, Partick and Ross County (not necessarily in that order). We have Hamilton twice and Patrick. I will assume that Hibs and us will take 9 from 9 from the last 3 games before the split. If we drop points in any of those 3 games then 4th is not an option.

Truth be told if we finish above Hearts I would be happy considering where we were in October AND just to p!ss off that dreary c#nt fae gorgie!!!

Edited by Brian1168

Feel the public mantra that SC has used in all his press briefings about only target was staying up ....has been slightly different to what he has said privately to the players...does look to me that there is installed a belief in this squad that they can compete and get a positive result against any opposition .....and in the remaining games SC will want too see our run continue .......

I don’t think the manager will change his ways now. We don’t know what gets said behind closed doors but publicly he’ll be looking to consolidate 5th. Once that’s done see if we can push on and catch Hibs. No point in getting carried away. Climb one step of the ladder at a time. 

I was looking up Europa League qualifying dates last night! Given the run we are on and having to play Hibs again there’s no reason we couldn’t close that 6 point gap in the run in to finish fourth.

Top 6 is a great achievement after the start to the season, maintaining 5th would be brilliant but we should be looking above us for the remaining games.

(First round games are 12th and 19th July, and I don’t have any holidays from work left til September! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_UEFA_Europa_League)

We surely can't keep up this run, or can we?

I played around with some permutations and probably 17 points is required from 8 games for Europe. That includes beating Hibs and although a mental thought in September, we could snatch 4th. 

Having said that Hibs are also on a great run so it seems unlikely they'll drop enough points.

I think we'll fall 3 or 4 games short and that start to the season will cost us a European place but have gained us a whole lot more.

8 hours ago, IMO said:

Our target for end of season should be to keep SSC and Mulumbu

He's on a 2.5 year contract. 

I can see the Mulumbu one as he's just on a deal until the end of the season - it would be amazing to tie him in longer. But SC, I get that good things haven't really happened for us the past few years, but we need to rid this negativity. Clarke signed a contract with us and during the Scotland job nonsense he stated many times he wants to be here! I'd love to tie him down longer, but we need to stop talking like he's about to leave at any minute!! 

10 hours ago, Graeme S said:

I agree re season tickets.Due to work I have been to more away games than home games this season.7 home v 10 away(in league). However I would like to show my support finacially for the club but buying a season ticket would be just silly as I might only get to 1 more home game.How else could I contribute to the club? Not sure TIK is contributing to club.

Tik is contributing to the club, every penny raised is then used for projects backing the club.