Form table

boydiesback

You know, the last few seasons I've been thinking about relegation since about September in each case, always measuring our success by the metric of having an average of one point per game.

Since the manager's arrived we've progressed at virtually twice that rate. 

It's easy to fall into the trap, in your life not just in football, of only realizing how special a particular time was in retrospect.  The same way that some players are only truly appraised once they retire (or that famous poets are mostly deid!) - but I really feel right now that this has been the best time I've ever had following this club.  That's not fatalistic at all, I don't mean that to sound as though I feel it's coming to an end - but the appointment of Steve Clarke as our manager is going to be a moment in the history of Kilmarnock Football Club, and I'm just delighted I was here when it happened.

53 minutes ago, Estragon said:

That's not fatalistic at all, I don't mean that to sound as though I feel it's coming to an end - but the appointment of Steve Clarke as our manager is going to be a moment in the history of Kilmarnock Football Club, and I'm just delighted I was here when it happened.

There is a possibility, dependant on several external factors going in our favour, that SC may dislodge Willie Waddel from his position as the greatest ever Killie manager.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Different times.

I'd say if he managed to get us say 2nd or 3rd, Europe and a cup then he'd be right up there.

Different times, yes. But when you have only won one league title in your 150 year existence the man who led you to it should be seen as the club's greatest manager. 

1 hour ago, historyman said:

If he wins the league then undoubedly yes. If he doesn't then no.

If he was to do it i still think Willie Waddell would be still the greatest because the standard of football in the 60s was higher you had excellent teams like Hearts, Dundee, Dumfermline and the original Rangers these teams could compete in Europe unlike today the standard of the Spl is the worst i have seen in recent years

1 hour ago, killie1961 said:

If he was to do it i still think Willie Waddell would be still the greatest because the standard of football in the 60s was higher you had excellent teams like Hearts, Dundee, Dumfermline and the original Rangers these teams could compete in Europe unlike today the standard of the Spl is the worst i have seen in recent years

This may not be the standard of the 60s but I think this season has seen a rise in the standard of the Scottish top division. Ourselves, Hibs, Motherwell and arguably Rangers have raised their standards and I believe that’s why people think Celtic and Aberdeen have fallen. I’ve much more enjoyed watching all Scottish games this season than I have in years.