Boyd

Bobby14

This whole Kris Boyd debate can be answered by one simple question where would our club be without his goals for us?? As for his other clubs allegiance we all know who he supported growing up he has not hidden that fact let's just be thankful he plays for us at the moment I'm sure many other spfl clubs would be grateful for his services this season!!

1 hour ago, mitch14 said:

Very good on Sportsound tonight. Interesting wee comment from Kenny McIntyre about them wanting Boyd to be 'let back on' on a Monday. I still think Steve had a wee chat somewhere along the line. But Boyd spoke so well about the club tonight. Good man. 

I think Kris mentioned himself that he'd had his Monday nights on Sportsound curtailed.

It was a good interview although he made the mistake of describing the manager as being "simple", which raised a laugh in the studio.

Kilmarnock striker Kris Boyd says the Rugby Park side are targeting fourth place in the Scottish Premiership now they are assured of a top-half finish.

With three games to play before the league splits in two, Steve Clarke's side know they will finish in the top six for the first time since 2010-11.

Currently fifth, Killie trail fourth-placed Hibernian by six points.

"Now we're in fifth, we're starting to say 'can we push on and get fourth?'" Boyd, 34, said on BBC Radio Scotland.

"We're four clear of Hearts, with a game in hand as well. Fifth would be an unbelievable achievement for us but I think we don't want the season just to peter out, we want to push on and hopefully try and catch Hibs.

"Over the years, there's not many games that have been won in the top six. If we can go and win those three games between now and the split, we give ourselves a chance.

"Hibs are a very, very good team but we feel if we continue the way that we have, the last three games before the split we've Hamilton twice and [Partick] Thistle as well. Are they winnable? Yes.

"We go into them with confidence and then in the top six, anything can happen."

Boyd scored against his former club as Kilmarnock beat Rangers 1-0 at Ibrox on Saturday, while dropped points over the weekend by Motherwell and Hamilton Academical meant Killie will be in the top six, though Well can still catch sixth-placed Hearts.

Hibs are chasing Aberdeen and Rangers with leaders Celtic closing in on a seventh successive top-flight title.

"When you look at the top six as it stands right now, five of them should be in there with the money they're spending, the size of the club, the gates they get," Boyd said on Sportsound.

"So there was really only one place up for grabs for me at the start of the season, or it should be. For us to get in there, it's great for Kilmarnock."

Boyd's haul of 20 goals this season includes 15 in the Premiership, making him the league's top scorer.

His form was rewarded with a contract extension for next season but he admits he came close to calling time on his career before Clarke was appointed manager in October when the club was languishing near the foot of the table.

"When you go back a few months, it was dreamland if you'd have thought where we would've been right now," added Boyd.

"I look back at the start of the season, I was ready to chuck it. I had had enough. I felt as if my body was done. The first conversation I had with [Steve Clarke] was I was ready to wrap it [only] for him to be able to talk me round to stay.

"Did I believe I had 20 goals in me? Yes, I'll back my ability, but it's the guys round about me. I know I can score goals, I know I can get into positions but there's now players round about me that can do what I can't do - Jordan Jones, Rory McKenzie, Youssouf Mulumbu, Lee Erwin's come in.

"The big one for me has been Eamonn Brophy. I think that the kid has got a real chance.

"The way I am now is the exact same as what I was at 20, 21 years old. I've always depended on my team-mates creating opportunities."

He spoke very well last night.

Since the change of manager he has upped his game and got his priorities in order. 

I don’t think his importance can be underestimated. The respect he has in that dressing room it was vital he bought into what the manager wanted to do and became the leader we needed in there. He’s really stepped up to the captains role when the club captain is still running about looking for calpol.

Something has obviously been said to him re: his Monday night appearances on Sportsound. Listening to him last night I think he said, I assume jokingly that 'you've binned me.'  I don't imagine the station would've stopped him coming on because they'd enjoy his controversy. However his absence has been noticeable in the past couple of months. 

I don't, and have never really cared about his media involvement. I actually think he does fine with the Sky SPFL Matters and in the newspaper column. The good thing about them is they will be able to rehearse and edit respectively. 

Because Sportsound goes out live he got caught out at times with some things to the point he was making a fool of himself. Perhaps I'm doing him a disservice, perhaps he recognised this himself and instigated his own removal. I'd think however it was probably SC that gave him advice about it though. 

8 hours ago, skygod said:

Kilmarnock striker Kris Boyd says the Rugby Park side are targeting fourth place in the Scottish Premiership now they are assured of a top-half finish.

With three games to play before the league splits in two, Steve Clarke's side know they will finish in the top six for the first time since 2010-11.

Currently fifth, Killie trail fourth-placed Hibernian by six points.

"Now we're in fifth, we're starting to say 'can we push on and get fourth?'" Boyd, 34, said on BBC Radio Scotland.

"We're four clear of Hearts, with a game in hand as well. Fifth would be an unbelievable achievement for us but I think we don't want the season just to peter out, we want to push on and hopefully try and catch Hibs.

"Over the years, there's not many games that have been won in the top six. If we can go and win those three games between now and the split, we give ourselves a chance.

"Hibs are a very, very good team but we feel if we continue the way that we have, the last three games before the split we've Hamilton twice and [Partick] Thistle as well. Are they winnable? Yes.

"We go into them with confidence and then in the top six, anything can happen."

Boyd scored against his former club as Kilmarnock beat Rangers 1-0 at Ibrox on Saturday, while dropped points over the weekend by Motherwell and Hamilton Academical meant Killie will be in the top six, though Well can still catch sixth-placed Hearts.

Hibs are chasing Aberdeen and Rangers with leaders Celtic closing in on a seventh successive top-flight title.

"When you look at the top six as it stands right now, five of them should be in there with the money they're spending, the size of the club, the gates they get," Boyd said on Sportsound.

"So there was really only one place up for grabs for me at the start of the season, or it should be. For us to get in there, it's great for Kilmarnock."

Boyd's haul of 20 goals this season includes 15 in the Premiership, making him the league's top scorer.

His form was rewarded with a contract extension for next season but he admits he came close to calling time on his career before Clarke was appointed manager in October when the club was languishing near the foot of the table.

"When you go back a few months, it was dreamland if you'd have thought where we would've been right now," added Boyd.

"I look back at the start of the season, I was ready to chuck it. I had had enough. I felt as if my body was done. The first conversation I had with [Steve Clarke] was I was ready to wrap it [only] for him to be able to talk me round to stay.

"Did I believe I had 20 goals in me? Yes, I'll back my ability, but it's the guys round about me. I know I can score goals, I know I can get into positions but there's now players round about me that can do what I can't do - Jordan Jones, Rory McKenzie, Youssouf Mulumbu, Lee Erwin's come in.

"The big one for me has been Eamonn Brophy. I think that the kid has got a real chance.

"The way I am now is the exact same as what I was at 20, 21 years old. I've always depended on my team-mates creating opportunities."

Kris back to his best, interviewing himself mid-interview. 

25 minutes ago, Candygram for mongo said:

Something has obviously been said to him re: his Monday night appearances on Sportsound. Listening to him last night I think he said, I assume jokingly that 'you've binned me.'  I don't imagine the station would've stopped him coming on because they'd enjoy his controversy. However his absence has been noticeable in the past couple of months. 

Don’t forget we’ve had midweek matches most weeks and he’s not going to appear on the show if we have a match on a Tuesday. 

45 minutes ago, piffer said:

He spoke very well last night.

Since the change of manager he has upped his game and got his priorities in order. 

I don’t think his importance can be underestimated. The respect he has in that dressing room it was vital he bought into what the manager wanted to do and became the leader we needed in there. He’s really stepped up to the captains role when the club captain is still running about looking for calpol.

Doubt our club captain's running anywhere.

10 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

If I was lucky enough to play professional football and I scored against Killie, I would not celebrate  the same way as I would against other teams. I just know I wouldn't. 

He seems happy enough here, though......

image.png.388fbf418d5a72919e68e671328e3e8e.png

He seemed more than happy at the end when he was over at the fans celebrating the win too.

I've noticed he isn't on sky as much either these days. Andy walker was on with Commons the other week on that SPFL matters show and recalled a couple of games that have been on live where he hasn't been there. Sure one of them was a match involving Aberdeen up there. Seems he's only doing it now when it suits him and Killie which is good. I've loved watching the big man the past few months, will be gutted when he hangs his boots up. Seen a comment previously saying he isn't a legend, what a pile of p1sh! Short memories considering the goal he scored against Hibs and all the other 20 or so he scored that season to single handedly keep us up.

19 minutes ago, Fudgey1989 said:

I've noticed he isn't on sky as much either these days. Andy walker was on with Commons the other week on that SPFL matters show and recalled a couple of games that have been on live where he hasn't been there. Sure one of them was a match involving Aberdeen up there. Seems he's only doing it now when it suits him and Killie which is good. I've loved watching the big man the past few months, will be gutted when he hangs his boots up. Seen a comment previously saying he isn't a legend, what a pile of p1sh! Short memories considering the goal he scored against Hibs and all the other 20 or so he scored that season to single handedly keep us up.

We have been playing two games a week recently which has probably limited his availability for media work. 

5 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

If I was lucky enough to play professional football and I scored against Killie, I would not celebrate  the same way as I would against other teams. I just know I wouldn't. 

There's a difference though. He's grown up a rangers supporter and always has been deep down. I assume you're not.