Boyd

Bobby14

I'll hold my hands up, start of the season I said he was done (as did he in fairness) and he has proved myself, many others and even himself wrong as he has kicked on to the boydie we know and love. The balance of the squad works in his favour and he takes those chances when they come. Well in big yin ⚽⚽

15 minutes ago, boydiesback said:

I’m at nearly every match this season and body’s commitment to the killie cause has never been in question! 

I know enough about what i typed to know that's not what i was getting at. When he was at rangers he celebrated goals against us as that was his club, when he's scoring against them for us then his celebrations are muted, still there but muted. There's no way in my mind that anyone can doubt his commitment when he pulls on the stripes. 

23 minutes ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

Wasnt so long ago most wanted him out for "Only talking about rangers" and stealing a wage. Now hes a hero again cause hes on fire, hypocrisy at its finest.

He WAS only talking about rangers, he WAS pretty much embarrassing himself and killie in the media on a weekly basis and he WAS playing dreadful.. All of it was justified at the time. 

All 3 of those things have changed and he's shown great commitment to get himself fit and stepping up to captain the side again. 

But if you want to be one of those 'told you so' guys then fire in

24 minutes ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

Wasnt so long ago most wanted him out for "Only talking about rangers" and stealing a wage. Now hes a hero again cause hes on fire, hypocrisy at its finest.

Most people wanted him to curtail his media activities & concentrate on getting fit & doing the job with us he was paid for.

By Boyd's own admission his heart wasn't in playing at that time so people, including myself, wanted him to do what was best for the club at that point, but at no time did I read of anyone questioning his legend status as one of the all time greatest finishers in Killie history.

1 minute ago, C4mmy31 said:

Most people wanted him to curtail his media activities & concentrate on getting fit & doing the job with us he was paid for.

By Boyd's own admission his heart wasn't in playing at that time so people, including myself, wanted him to do what was best for the club at that point, but at no time did I read of anyone questioning his legend status as one of the all time greatest finishers in Killie history.

In my opinion a legend dosnt leave the club that' gave him another opportunity when all else write him off to sit on the bench of a championship club. That' only my opinion.

14 minutes ago, All the Wine said:

He WAS only talking about rangers, he WAS pretty much embarrassing himself and killie in the media on a weekly basis and he WAS playing dreadful.. All of it was justified at the time. 

All 3 of those things have changed and he's shown great commitment to get himself fit and stepping up to captain the side again. 

But if you want to be one of those 'told you so' guys then fire in

I' not doubting his commitment while playing the boy lives to score goals, but I'll be surprised if killie gets much of a mention by him after his playing careeris finished 

I get the debate around bodys perceived value at the start of the season and the media distractions at the time. He himself has acknowkedged this. What I am frankly ASTOUNDED at is that there is a single killie fan out there that would question his status as a Kilmarnock legend. The number of games he’s played, the number of goals he’s scored, the fact that he almost single handedly kept us up 3seasons back ( culminating with the goal at Easter road) when going down at that time could have been catastrophic for the club. He grew up a rangers fan. So what. Was kenny dalglish a Liverpool fan growing up? Or mo Salah? The man is a legend by any definition of the word and we’ll be salivating over his record 50 years from now the way my dad talks about Jackie Mac and Andy Kerr ( 2 other killie legends).

5 minutes ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

I' not doubting his commitment while playing the boy lives to score goals, but I'll be surprised if killie gets much of a mention by him after his playing careeris finished 

I think you maybe wrong. SC may even be mentoring him to become a coach or even, dare I say, a future manager of our club. 

If you watch the Ladbrokes interview at the time both he & SC won the manager & player awards for December, when answering a question about a future in coaching rather than MSM, SC can be seen nodding in full agreement at Kris' responce.

51 minutes ago, stumack said:

I know enough about what i typed to know that's not what i was getting at. When he was at rangers he celebrated goals against us as that was his club, when he's scoring against them for us then his celebrations are muted, still there but muted. There's no way in my mind that anyone can doubt his commitment when he pulls on the stripes. 

Your trying to find fault with him when there is none to find. For f**ks sake just enjoy the goals he’s scoring for us now! Too many killie fans are easily offended by OF links. GET OWER IT 

The great thing about Boydie is that he is playing his football with a smile on his face since Steve Clarke arrived at Rugby Park - and that includes when he's scored against The Rangers!  Best natural goalscorer I've seen in my 40 years supporting Killie - every single supporter should be revelling in what he's doing at the moment. End. Of.

1 hour ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

I never ever questioned him and neither did any of our lot --- and there's plenty of us ---the guy is a legend 

2 hours ago, boydiesback said:

Your trying to find fault with him when there is none to find. For f**ks sake just enjoy the goals he’s scoring for us now! Too many killie fans are easily offended by OF links. GET OWER IT 

Away and have a wee word with yourself. And read my post again where I talked about his commitment.