Incomings and outgoings.

TheeOhSee

Miller is hardly a prolific goal scorer and that’s playing in dominant teams. His chances at goal would likely be reduced playing for us so what does he bring to the team that the likes of Brophy and Erwin don’t already? He probably comes in and blocks their continued development and restricting any potential fees we could make from them. Money would IMO be better spent shoring up other areas of the team or as I said above finding the long term replacement for Boyd. 

9 hours ago, Graham said:

I think Kenny Miller would add quality to our squad and would love to see him in a killie shirt. One season contract. No brainier really. 

Don’t know about that we’ve played them 3 times and taken 7 points off of them so can’t see what that tadger would bring to the team, I definitely don’t want him at Killie 

2 hours ago, piffer said:

Miller is hardly a prolific goal scorer and that’s playing in dominant teams. His chances at goal would likely be reduced playing for us so what does he bring to the team that the likes of Brophy and Erwin don’t already? He probably comes in and blocks their continued development and restricting any potential fees we could make from them. Money would IMO be better spent shoring up other areas of the team or as I said above finding the long term replacement for Boyd. 

This exactly.

We are still a selling club and can’t afford to jeopardise the potential value that Erwin and Brophy could bring to the club. Not to mention how demotivated they could become with a 39 y/o coming in to play in front of them.

2 hours ago, piffer said:

Completely agree with this post, especially the comment about blocking the development of Brophy and Erwin, how demoralising would that be for them?

I think that Miller can still 'dae a joab' for a Falkirk or a Dunfermline, but we're striving to be a progressive team and - to quote the cliche' that's been doing the rounds at Rugby Park - 'are tying to build something here'. You don't put an old roof on a new-build house.

We could field the following side from the players we have contracted.

GK Jamie MacDonald
RB Stephen O'Donnell
LB Greg Taylor
CD Kirk Broadfoot
CD Daniel Higgins/Ian Wilson
RM Rory McKenzie
LM Jordan Jones
CM Alan Power
CM Gary Dicker
ST Lee Erwin
ST Kris Boyd

That would still leave Brophy and Kiltie on the bench. I find it unbelievable the strength of the base Clarke has to build on. Barring the partner for Broadfoot it would take real quality to shift the other 10 men on current form.

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

We could field the following side from the players we have contracted.

GK Jamie MacDonald
RB Stephen O'Donnell
LB Greg Taylor
CD Kirk Broadfoot
CD Daniel Higgins/Ian Wilson
RM Rory McKenzie
LM Jordan Jones
CM Alan Power
CM Gary Dicker
ST Lee Erwin
ST Kris Boyd

That would still leave Brophy and Kiltie on the bench. I find it unbelievable the strength of the base Clarke has to build on. Barring the partner for Broadfoot it would take real quality to shift the other 10 men on current form.

That team will be strong enough to finish 2nd but if we want the big prize we'll need to replace Mulumbu with something similar, Tshibola may be that player or Sir Stevie will already have someone lined up.

Boyd is obviously the key player that needs replaced in the next year, we don't have anyone similar at the club to play target man but maybe we change our style of play. An Erwin Brophy front line would get goals.

As with any chat on Killie nowadays, Stevie knows best so its futile for us mere mortals to discuss!