Sevco - most odious institution ever in Scottish football

Celtic are utter conspiracy theorists . Paranoid and obsessed with Republic of Ireland . Love to sing about pope and the ira . Arseholes the lot of them . 

Rangers are a whole different breed of arsehole . Big knuckle draggers , spouting nonsense about feninans and tarriers . They are absolutely Scotland’s shame . The lowest of the low . Celtic are certainly just as bad but I have a special place in hell for Rangers they are scum which makes days like Saturday absolutely hilarious . 

Hopefully we leather them again in a few weeks and Get the full seethe of their deluded and brainwashed King Billy loving fanny supporters . 

Trainspotting 2 is a perfect sum up of all rangers fans . They embrace it without even knowing the joke is on them . 

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I don't think you'd get the same outcry from Celtic fans about a potential manager based around his religion.

Stein for starters certainly wasn't catholic. The thought of a West of Scotland RC managing Rangers has brought out the worst in their support.

That said, they are both c**ts but Rangers in particular seem to have a bee in their bonnet about religion, especially the thought of a "pape" managing them. Some still can't accept that Catholics play for them never mind manage them!

Agreed - but IMO there are far more allowances given for a struggling manager at Parkhead if he's Catholic.  However, it's always euphemistically presented as concerns relating to how "Celtic-minded" he is - admittedly it's difficult to imagine the kind of stuff you can read about Steve Clarke on rangersmedia today.

I cannot stand either half of the old firm - but I'd struggle to make the argument that they have similar issues in relation to sectarianism.  There is an assumption that exists in the mindset of a lot of Celtic supporters that I encounter, however, that the only reason one would have to dislike them is because of a deep-rooted disdain for the Catholic community - which I find extremely offensive.  That's why we're consistently labelled the "Ayrshire Huns", because they only view the rest of the football landscape in this country through the prism of their own endless rivalry with their pals on the other side of town.

Now, this obviously hints at a sectarian mindset - even if it's simply a persecution complex, it is one that has manifested itself along pre-determined sectarian lines.  This mindset, for me though, very obviously stops short of the kind of anti-Protestant rhetoric the equivalent of which we routinely hear and read from more than a significant minority of the Rangers support.

2 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Agreed - but IMO there are far more allowances given for a struggling manager at Parkhead if he's Catholic.  However, it's always euphemistically presented as concerns relating to how "Celtic-minded" he is - admittedly it's difficult to imagine the kind of stuff you can read about Steve Clarke on rangersmedia today.

I cannot stand either half of the old firm - but I'd struggle to make the argument that they have similar issues in relation to sectarianism.  There is an assumption that exists in the mindset of a lot of Celtic supporters that I encounter, however, that the only reason one would have to dislike them is because of a deep-rooted disdain for the Catholic community - which I find extremely offensive.  That's why we're consistently labelled the "Ayrshire Huns", because they only view the rest of the football landscape in this country through the prism of their own endless rivalry with their pals on the other side of town.

Now, this obviously hints at a sectarian mindset - even if it's simply a persecution complex, it is one that has manifested itself along pre-determined sectarian lines.  This mindset, for me though, very obviously stops short of the kind of anti-Protestant rhetoric the equivalent of which we routinely hear and read from more than a significant minority of the Rangers support.

You are probably right, although Brady got hounded out for being s**te. Same with Macari.

I agree with the rest 100%. There's definitely a higher % of the Celtic support that are Protestant than vice versa. I know quite a few.

1. I was on the subway back from Ibrox on Saturday after the game. To be fair to them they were OK with me as a Killie fan and most commented we are a good team and have a great manager. Then they go and spoil it by hammering out their vulgar songs and what shocked me was boys less than ten years old were at it to, right in front of their fathers and uncles. This shame will never be tamed its in their blood

I used to go with the Huns being the worst, but it maybe because I grew up listening to them. Was at five a side today and three of them said unreservedly we deserved to win and were generous in their praise of Killie and Sir Steve. I think they're much of a much. Hate them both, mind you. 

8 minutes ago, killieeurostar said:

This shame will never be tamed its in their blood

LIke i said on twitter on the subject of sectarianism getting swept under the carpet. It was a reply to someone who said that it started with separating kids to go to catholic schools and non-denominational schools.

It's cock all to do with Catholic schools and segregation. It's about neanderthal parents bringing up kids to hate folk that wear a different colour of scarf, that go to a different school, a different church or even have a name that sounds different. And history repeats...

2 minutes ago, stumack said:

a different church...

This is something that always makes me laugh. They all take religious hatred so very seriously, I don't imagine many of them are regular church goers or are particularly religious at all. It just sums up how much of a bunch of clueless morons they really are. If you're going to hate something at least pick something you know about.

6 minutes ago, stumack said:

LIke i said on twitter on the subject of sectarianism getting swept under the carpet. It was a reply to someone who said that it started with separating kids to go to catholic schools and non-denominational schools.

It's cock all to do with Catholic schools and segregation. It's about neanderthal parents bringing up kids to hate folk that wear a different colour of scarf, that go to a different school, a different church or even have a name that sounds different. And history repeats...

In Northern Ireland there's almost complete segregation through schooling of kids till they become adults, is a huge issue there.

In Scotland society is much more mixed, so you're both right.

36 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Agree that certainly is the case among their most bitter fans, the kind who have a special disdain for Catholics who don't support Celtic.

I really don't think there is any benefit to be had from trying to establish which type of sectarianism is more unacceptable than the other.

The main issue here with Saturday's result is the sense of entitlement that some, and it is only a subset of the Rangers support, have. However this particular subset see it as the "natural order" of things for The Rangers to be in the top two of Scottish football. To this end they think the establishment, the meeja and the authorities should move heaven and earth to ensure they have access to the very best of resources. This, regardless of whether they have the financial means to sustain their position or not. If HMRC are short of £20m here or there, its a price the establishment should be prepared to pay to keep Rangers at the top of the heap.

This particular sub group seem to have a particularly hard time with the idea that Scottish football is a competition open to every team able to compete and if Rangers want to be at the top they are going to have to be better than anybody else.

23 minutes ago, RAG said:

In Northern Ireland there's almost complete segregation through schooling of kids till they become adults, is a huge issue there.

In Scotland society is much more mixed, so you're both right.

But is it the segregation that causes someone to grow up hating a protestant or a catholic or is it the hate that's being bred elsewhere?

6 minutes ago, stumack said:

But is it the segregation that causes someone to grow up hating a protestant or a catholic or is it the hate that's being bred elsewhere?

Hate elsewhere.

I went to a Catholic school, as did a lot of the boys that I go to watch Killie with each week.

We aren't bitter bigots. Not because of the school we went to but because our parents aren't bitter bigots and brought us up not to be bitter bigots.

As said before, half the clowns singing the s**te couldn't tell you where their nearest chapel/church/kirk was.

Just look on old firm day down your Facebook timeline and see young innocent kids being put in Union Jack tops and the sort . Banging the drum in Motherwell age 10 . Dad has two sleeves of tattoo’s about King Billy and how only god can judge him he’s never been to church in his puff . While every body is judging him as a cant . Being brought up in this environment is a choice . After all they are the peepul and they are entitled to take anyone’s manager or player because who wouldn’t want to be a bear . Brainwashed F.C. they should have been reincarnated as . 

Edited by Souleycouley93

37 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Hate elsewhere.

I went to a Catholic school, as did a lot of the boys that I go to watch Killie with each week.

We aren't bitter bigots. Not because of the school we went to but because our parents aren't bitter bigots and brought us up not to be bitter bigots.

As said before, half the clowns singing the s**te couldn't tell you where their nearest chapel/church/kirk was.

It's definitely not realistic to say that segregated schooling is the REASON behind a climate of sectarian bigotry, but it certainly provides an environment in which it can perpetuate.  I agree absolutely that these attitudes are most often learned at home - but IMO it's far less likely that a young person will continue with this mindset if they're not segregated at age 5 from the very children their parents suggest to them are the villains of the piece.

I went to a "non-denominational" school but my partner had a Catholic education, and I appreciate the reason that it exists - but it's not wholehearted to have a discussion about sectarianism in 21st century Scotland that doesn't extend to getting rid of this divide.

Bigotry based on religion is just a front and an excuse given that most of them from either side of the divide do not actually practice any form of religion. Regrettably a part of each fan base indoctrinate their young to hate the other side of the Old Firm hiding behind religion!! And so it has went on over the years and will continue to do so.

Edited by tanerba'Tam

There are those that need to learn their history and those that need to move on and forget it.

I have to say that when I worked on the turnstiles at RP, the Celtic fans were the worst and I was spat on by numerous Celtic fans on numerous occasions over a number of years.

One week I was a dirty Orange Ba**ard for daring to point out their ticket was for a different section and not the one I was working on.

Then when Rangers came to town, I was a,dirty wee Fenian Ba**ard for same reason!!!!!

Go figure. 

Only result that would sort it out is if the ground opened up and swallowed both teams and sets of fans.....

I went to a non denominational school in kilwinning, I also went to (or forced to go xD) sunday school. my parents weren't into football or bigotry so I knew nothing of it till primary school. there the anti catholic hating was rife, funnily enough from classmates who never went near a sunday school. 8 year old kids wanting to go up the catholic school for a fight. the random shouts of the catholics are coming, and everyone running to the fence to see if they were coming to us for a fight. strangely the fights never seemed to occur. they were strange creatures these catholics, up the other end of town. did they have horns? webbed feet? I never actually got to see them. but plenty of my classmates seemed to hate them. I never knew any, so it was tempting to believe that they were bad. luckily as I grew up I realised just how scummy the rangers, red, white and blue, queen loving, brit mob are. met a few catholics, seemed nice enough folk, no horns or webbed bits to be seen. imo kids should all be put in the same schools, there should be no place for segregation for any reason

Schools should be entirely religion free, piece of nonsense as well as a total waste of money in this day and age that kids from the same street don’t go to the same school. Archaic....

If adults / parents want to encourage a particular religion, then that’s what the church is for on a Sunday.

Non religious schools would defo help rid us of this cancer, but as others have stated, there are other factors....it’ll take time sadly.....

4 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Celtic are utter conspiracy theorists . Paranoid and obsessed with Republic of Ireland . Love to sing about pope and the ira . Arseholes the lot of them . 

Rangers are a whole different breed of arsehole . Big knuckle draggers , spouting nonsense about feninans and tarriers . They are absolutely Scotland’s shame . The lowest of the low . Celtic are certainly just as bad but I have a special place in hell for Rangers they are scum which makes days like Saturday absolutely hilarious . 

Hopefully we leather them again in a few weeks and Get the full seethe of their deluded and brainwashed King Billy loving fanny supporters . 

Trainspotting 2 is a perfect sum up of all rangers fans . They embrace it without even knowing the joke is on them . 

Brilliant summary of what unfortunately defines Scottish Football to the wider world.

Will it ever change?   I doubt it.

6 hours ago, FeyenoordKillie said:

Been reading about these wallopers urging their board to go for Sir Steve. 

Half of them saying nooooo because he is a Fenian, Tarrier so and so....title says it all...Sevco really are the most odious institution in football. We are the Peeepil...my arse....Scotland`s shame as they have shown in their 6 years of existence.

Agreed ---- utter f**king scum