Confidemus

Souleycouley93

A good read, some of those - well played.

My only constructive criticism is that some of the punctuation could be a bit better. Your full-stops seem to come with a space before them, like this . Rather than right at the end of the last word.

Content-wise, I liked them! A few player profiles would be good too - and big days like beating Falkirk to stay up!

Edited by jesper

“Alex Rae a little Hun gobblin and closet bear Chick Young pushing his ideas into every maniac stupid enough to believe it.”

“Trying to fabricate a story how Middlesbrough supporting Jordan supported Rangers as a kid to appease the knuckle draggers on sites like Follow Follow incase the slight suggestion he’s a Celtic man comes out”

Not a very well structured essay. I actually think it would have the opposite of the desired effect for any reader outside the Scottish football or even the Kilmarnock F.C bubble. Your personal opinion in the form of a rant makes it easy to miss your point and there is a vacuum of supporting evidence. 

As a fan I understand your frustration at the Scottish media’s push for the status quo, but calling Alex Rae a “little Hun goblin” or Chick Young a “closet bear” immediately discredits anything you have said before which may have confirmed your arguement. Sounds like sour grapes more than anything. 

Previous essays tend to jump between the past and present tense and a lack of punctuation makes it a hard read. The sentiment is there but the writing and language needs a bit of work.

On 22/03/2018 at 11:58 AM, jesper said:

"The entitled nature of Old firm fans is sickening" - agreed, and definitely a view confirmed and imposed by the media too!

Decent piece and some good point made!

The media have confirmed that the entitled nature of old firm fans is sickening? And are imposing that view? Can’t see that going down well with the OF fans. 

7 minutes ago, Bobby14 said:

The media have confirmed that the entitled nature of old firm fans is sickening? And are imposing that view? Can’t see that going down well with the OF fans. 

Me either, but that's not how I intended the post to be interpreted. 

More the reporting of the Old Firms' affairs, by the media, confirms and back-up their entitled nature. For example the Derek McInnes scenario in that because Rangers want him, they will get him. Turns out they never. But they thought they would. And the media backed-up and promoted this view. Confirming the sense of entitlement. 

Edited by jesper