Manager of Month March

eagle10g1

32 minutes ago, eagle10g1 said:

Assuming the League Cup doesn’t count in the deliberations, the gaffer must be a stick on for an incredible third award ‘when’ we beat Hamilton as that game is last of the month.?

I think Manager of the Month is what it says on the tin and includes all the cups (although not the League Cup in this instance!). 

We should wait until March is out before predicting a winner. 

17 hours ago, eagle10g1 said:

Assuming the League Cup doesn’t count in the deliberations, the gaffer must be a stick on for an incredible third award ‘when’ we beat Hamilton as that game is last of the month.?

It was the Scottish Cup and I'm not sure it does count. I'd guess (and it is just a guess based on his demeanour) that SC couldn't give an hysterical rectum about Micky Mouse awards. To him it's probably 'aye, cheers, nice to get recognition but can you f**k off now as I have a job to do.' 

I hope this " 'when' we beat Hamilton " doesn't mean that you start showing your frustration towards him if we don't. 

We're doing great, and as the man himself says regularly: 'we respect every opponent' so let's not go thinking we just turn up and win now. He said at the start it'll be a slow process. Admittedly it's been a whirlwind so far, however I think we should calm it down to a frenzy. 

20 minutes ago, capitalkillie said:

Winning the league next season will put us on track for the champions league final in 2020. To be held in Istanbul or Lisbon. 

Where do we prefer? And how many tickets will we get? 

Lisbon Squirrels has a nice ring to it. Squirrels > Lions. :hurrah:

MotM is for league performance as the league sponsor puts the award up and “sponsors” it!

MotY should almost be a shoe-in if the voting was not slanted so firmly towards Brother Brenda, or whichever Ceptic manager each season skooshes the league with a budget that would buy many a Caribbean island and has no comparison to 10 of their 11 rivals. 

From a performance, consistency and improvement base though it’s Clarke’s award by miles!

1 hour ago, casual observer said:

From a performance, consistency and improvement base though it’s Clarke’s award by miles!

Gave everybody an 8 game start and with zero budget but a few personal contacts has run them all down bar four.

The gap between our budget and the Sheep is considerable, between us and Sevco is eye-watering. (TBF even Sevco's budget is dwarfed by Brenda's) 

And it aint over yet.

SC has made Scottish football interesting again.

1 hour ago, casual observer said:

MotY should almost be a shoe-in if the voting was not slanted so firmly towards Brother Brenda....

He's won MotM just once this season.

Clarke has won twice and Lennon once. The other winners are more surprising - Tommy Wright (Aug) and Martin Canning (Nov).

Edited by skygod

Big jig just been on stv praising the Kilmarnock board and players for the top six Finish and touting SC for manager of the year. Jokingly he did take some credit for bringing sod and brophy to the club but on the whole he spoke well about Killie and SC. As has been said before nice guy just opportunity at Kilmarnock came to early for him.

Edited by Barneyboy
Spelling and content

25 minutes ago, Barneyboy said:

Big jig just been on stv praising the Kilmarnock board and players for the top six Finish and touting SC for manager of the year. Jokingly he did take some credit for bringing sod and brophy to the club but on the whole he spoke well about Killie and SC. As has been said before nice guy just opportunity at Kilmarnock came to early for him.

I reckon he would have been better served in the close season telling the board he wanted to stay as an assistant.  The opportunity for him to learn under someone like SC would’ve given him a great opportunity to be better when he did step up.

1 hour ago, Beaker71 said:

I reckon he would have been better served in the close season telling the board he wanted to stay as an assistant.  The opportunity for him to learn under someone like SC would’ve given him a great opportunity to be better when he did step up.

No Thanks hes got the right assistant now

2 hours ago, Barneyboy said:

He shouldn't joke, he deserves the credit. He hired well in the summer, it turns out, he was just not ready for a top job and got quickly overwhelmed by it. Might be more suited to part time scouting/coaching gigs since he's clearly got an eye for a player and a wealth of experience to pass on, but not so much manager material.

7 hours ago, Candygram for mongo said:

I hope this " 'when' we beat Hamilton " doesn't mean that you start showing your frustration towards him if we don't. 

We're doing great, and as the man himself says regularly: 'we respect every opponent' so let's not go thinking we just turn up and win now. He said at the start it'll be a slow process. Admittedly it's been a whirlwind so far, however I think we should calm it down to a frenzy. 

For me this is the biggest difference at RP. Long gone are the days we expect to win lose or draw. We go into every game expecting a battle to earn reward and approach each game with respect. We believe we can win.

As a fanbase we need to avoid expecting wins and beready to rally round if we lose. All it can take is a mistake or bad decision to cost us a result and we need to be behind the squad when it comes. 

This winning every week lark is bloody good while it lasts though and it's no accident. We are earning those points.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, skygod said:

If it's just league matches then we won four out of four. I don't think anyone else did better than two wins and a draw.

They could give it to Rodgers for winning the OF match, I suppose, but they dropped points at Well. 

Give it to Stevie Clarke and ram it down Craig Burleys Gub