Billy Bowie Daily Record

KTIDanny85

Good to hear officially from BB 

For me tend to laugh off most of the "media" talk about Clarke as with most items -----apart from 2 or 3 who you respect or known to have direct contact to clubs / Managers .....most of these journalists and ex players who get paid to pass an opinion are the kind of folk you have in your work place or meet in a pub ---and try to ignore if get a chance

they spout off an opinion with no real credence or fact and want all to think they are "in the know" or special --when they are not in the least 

2 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Winger Jordan Jones has revealed all the Kilmarnock players are desperate for manager Steve Clarke to stay put at Rugby Park. (Daily Record, newspaper edition)

I wonder if JJ will be happy to stay or, god forbid, even pen a new deal if SC is here next season?

God forbid ? 

If, for Clarke, it is all about working with players and trying to build something better in the medium to longer term then the English Championship isn't the place for that. I think the average tenure might even be less than a year. He could see the job at Killie much more challenging, enjoyable and satisfying than going back into that fun park. 

I worry about the Newcastle job coming vacant after Ashley sells, let's be honest who could really criticize SC for wanting to prove himself in the Premier League. I just don't see the benefits for him to jump into the Glasgow bubble with a declining Celtic team or a Sevco still with huge financial questions hanging over it.

I'm just enjoying what he has produced so far, this must be best run of results since the 60's.

Enjoy and show him and the team how much we appreciate their achievements up till then end of the season, I am hoping Mulumbu may stay if he feels the love - I'm well aware I'm dreaming but why not, who expected Top 6 guaranteed with 3 games still to play!!! 

16 hours ago, Nigel4 said:

Bowie can say it all he likes, but there's no way to guarantee that Clarke will be here next season. I don't think he'll go to Rangers, but if a steady Championship club comes in for him I think he'll be away

My concern would be if Falkirk came in for him. How could he stay at Rugby Park when a bigger club like that comes in for him?

Edited by Candygram for mongo

4 hours ago, Bullitt said:

Makes no odds to me. I would rather Clarke came out and told them "he's sick of saying he's not moving to another Scottish team".

Same was said when Scotland job was going on and Clarke remained indifferent to it. This will grumble on as well. I fully expect the conversations on radio to follow this rough agenda:

"Yes I know what BB has said, but Willie it's my understanding a bid of 500,000 would meet Killie's valuation of Stevie Clarke".

"Are you saying the deal is still alive Chick?"

"I'm saying he's Rangers number one candidate, it's easy to say he's not going anywhere when no bid has been made. A club like Killie can't reject half a million for their manager and I think he will be in the Rangers hot seat next season".

Where are Rangers getting 500,000 from there skint.

Steve is here because he wants to be. He'll be financially secure and no doubt enjoying coaching a team to relative success in his local area with little or no pressure. 

Aside from the scotland job (as its part time and he could live in england) i have no concerns about him jumping ship. 

The constant speculation is howerer infuriating. 

Steve is in a position i'd love to be in, doing a job he enjoys without worrying about the mortgage. 

The BBC - gonzo journalism at it's worst - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43486821

"Steve Clarke: Kilmarnock players 'desperate' for manager to stay - Jordan Jones" - At no point in the interview does JJ use the word 'desperate'.

I'm not worried, I'm just p*ss*d off with the sense of entitlement that seems to surround The Rangers FC and their media bum-chums like Rae and Chic Young. The hypocrisy is mind-numbing! Celtic, Aberdeen and the now defunct Glasgow Rangers are/were routinely humped in Europe, citing 'lack of domestic competition' as their excuse. When a 'diddy' club like Killie produce a player or appoint good coaching staff, the Glasgow teams feel that it's their divine right to asset-strip us and the media encourage them with inflammatory garbage like the article above.

So awa' ye go and find yer own manager and leave us alone to build something special here, something that will benefit Killie AND Scottish football in the long term.

Rant over.

Edited by Dieselfeet

11 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

A question that never seems to trouble the likes of Wullie or Chick.

P.S. sorry for the grammatical edit, it just does ma heid in.

You're (see what I did there?) not alone. The spelling, grammar, sentence structure and use of conversational English on social media and forums like this is teeth-grinding.

Clarke could sign a 5yr contract & he'd still be touted for every job going by the useless OF focussed media. I really don't understand why they don't want a competitive league with 4/5/6 teams pushing for the league every year. They should be saying "let's hope Kilmarnock can hold on to him for a good few seasons & take them to the next level." Instead it's, "he's too good for them & will be away in no time." 

Great to hear JJ's comments too... really hope we're doing everything we can to get him on a longer contract NOW. Surely we are? I've not seen a full back terrorised the way the st Johnstone boy was a few weeks ago in a looooong time!