Billy Bowie Daily Record

KTIDanny85

8 hours ago, Nigel4 said:

Bowie can say it all he likes, but there's no way to guarantee that Clarke will be here next season. I don't think he'll go to Rangers, but if a steady Championship club comes in for him I think he'll be away

I'm sure he WILL be here next season so let's enjoy it while we can and if the guy leaves us which he eventually will we will all thank him for the great times he's given us---- as for him going to the bigots at the end of this season NO. CHANCE -- and when he does leave still NO CHANCE 

9 hours ago, KTIDanny85 said:

Kilmarnock chief warns Rangers to keep their hands off Steve Clarke and insists boss WILL be at Rugby Park next season

Billy Bowie has shot down suggestions his in-demand gaffer could be Ibrox bound next season.

Kilmarnock powerbroker Billy Bowie has warned Rangers to forget about snapping up Steve Clarke in the summer.

The Rugby Park chief has been irked by suggestions his in-demand boss could be Ibrox bound next term if the Gers board choose to make a move.

Bowie revealed there has been no approaches for the manager - and told supporters their gaffer WILL be in charge of Killie next season.

Clarke’s stock has shot through the roof with the former West Brom and Fulham boss turning Killie from relegation strugglers to top six high fliers in less than six months in the hotseat.

The 54-year-old made it a double over Rangers with their victory at Ibrox on Saturday and also taken Celtic’s scalp in a run of five games unbeaten against the Old Firm.

The weekend masterclass at Ibrox has prompted calls the Light Blues should be targeting Clarke as next permanent manager with interim boss Graeme Murty in place until the end of the season.

But Bowie has issued a hands off warning and insisted the manager is going nowhere

The majority shareholder told Record Sport: “There’s been a lot of speculation but let’s nip this in the bud. Steve signed a two-and-a-half year contract and as far as we are concerned he will be here next season.

“That’s it. There seems all this talk as if he’s definitely going here, there and everywhere in the summer as if it’s a done deal.

“Far from it. We heard it before and this week it’s Rangers. No one really mentions little old Kilmarnock.

“It was the same at the weekend. It’s all very well taking about how Rangers played but not as much about the outstanding Kilmarnock performance.

“I understand people might be looking at the job he is doing though.

“But we are trying to build something here and Steve is a huge part of it. He has never once mentioned anything about going anywhere and is completely focused on his job.”

Bowie was confident Clarke would turn around the club’s fortunes - but he admitted he has been stunned by the level of success Jose Mourinho’s former right hand man has enjoyed in Ayrshire.

Killie were toiling at the foot of the table when the ex-Chelsea and Liverpool assistant arrived but cemented their place in the top six after the split with Saturday’s Ibrox win.

The gaffer has got the side firing - but he’s also galvanised the support with 9,000 packing in to Rugby Park last week for the Scottish Cup penalty shootout defeat to Aberdeen.

Bowie is adamant this is just the start as the club has big plans including a new training facility, a fan zone at the stadium and a huge community drive.

He insisted Clarke will play a central role for the rest of the current campaign and beyond.

Bowie said: “We knew we were bringing in a top manager but I don’t think anyone expected the kind of impact he has made.

“Look at the Aberdeen game last week where there were 9000 at Rugby Park. That was on a cold Tuesday night as well. The result was disappointing but the fact there was a sense of disappointment shows how far the club has come under Steve.

“We always said this was a sleeping giant and we are seeing it’s starting to wake up.

“It’s been unbelievable and to secure a top six place so soon is a terrific achievement. The season is far from finished yet and the next target is fourth.

“Who knows, we could even get a couple of trips in to Europe next season, which would be incredible.

“But it’s not just about what the club does this season. There are plans in place for the future and Steve has a big role to play.”

...Well done BB for addressing the situation and shuting up the disrespectful media. All you worriers can relax now. 

Sh*t myself when I saw Reading had binned their manager...Then I remembered this...

3 hours ago, Dieselfeet said:

The BBC - gonzo journalism at it's worst - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43486821

"Steve Clarke: Kilmarnock players 'desperate' for manager to stay - Jordan Jones" - At no point in the interview does JJ use the word 'desperate'.

Journalism in Scotland is in the gutter. It's incredible the mince they churn out

4 hours ago, Dieselfeet said:

The BBC - gonzo journalism at it's worst - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43486821

"Steve Clarke: Kilmarnock players 'desperate' for manager to stay - Jordan Jones" - At no point in the interview does JJ use the word 'desperate'.

The story was probably lifted from The Sun where he was liberal with his use of "desperate".

"If you ask any player at Kilmarnock, they would all be desperate for him to stay.

"He has been fantastic for all the lads and fantastic for the club as a whole. He has also made a positive impact on the whole town, so everyone is desperate for him to stay with Kilmarnock."

9 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

Alex Rae on sportsound tonight. They will be talking about Steve Clarke  somepoint Kenny macintyre has said 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_scotland_mw

Wow, I cant imagine what they will be talking about. 

Why don't they ever say that the selection board at Ibrox who apparently searched the globe and unearthed the gem that was Pedro Caxinhia are a bunch of clowns as their perfect candidate was sitting in the house without a job about 400 miles away?

I don't know if it's complacency and maybe I should be worried, but I have zero concern about SC upping and leaving us for a twisted sister. The old cheating Rangers, throwing around eight figure cheques and actually doing something in Europe now and then, maybe, but the zombie shower installed in Govan the now? You'd have to be mad, unemployable, or desperate to go there (Joey Barton for gaffer?) and Clarke doesn't strike me as any of those. Celtic? If Brendan moves on to a West Brom or the like, maybe Europe is appealing but I honestly believe the only thing that brought SC up to Scotland was Killie and his personal connections with the club and area, and he's here to do a job for Killie then, ideally, move back south - his reputation restored.

The only worry is an English club catching on to what's going on here and taking a punt. I don't see that happening as quick as the summer (and without it being a simply-cannot-refuse offer from a big club, I don't think he goes anywhere so soon) but if we get off to a blinder next year, then around sacking season down south, in October/November time, my bum might get a wee bit squeakier.

EDIT: And as for Rae, the bawchomper that he is. If he ever wonders why he can't get another managerial gig anytime soon, might want to reflect on the fact that chairmen don't like it when we try to unsettle their guys for no other reason that pathetic pandering to OF fans is the only way anyone will pay attention to you.

Edited by kevin1869

i just hate Billy Dodds on the radio, week in week out, being put up as somehow favourable to Killie or Ayrshire, "I'm an Ayrshire lad" etc etc.

Then in the very next sentence, denigrating Ayrshire or Killie, cos it's not as big pay wise as Govan, so requires no loyality.

Happens every time Dodd's talks Killie on the radio.  He's a fecking 2 faced, big lugged, hun knob.

58 minutes ago, RAG said:

i just hate Billy Dodds on the radio, week in week out, being put up as somehow favourable to Killie or Ayrshire, "I'm an Ayrshire lad" etc etc.

Then in the very next sentence, denigrating Ayrshire or Killie, cos it's not as big pay wise as Govan, so requires no loyality.

Happens every time Dodd's talks Killie on the radio.  He's a fecking 2 faced, big lugged, hun knob.

Totally agree and was always was a wee Cnut as well. So we can give him mixed genitalia abuse. As in ‘Hey Dodds ya wee Cnuty knob’ or ‘Hey Dodds ya wee knobby Cnut’

45 minutes ago, boydiesback said:

The media are missing one important point. Steve Clarke didn’t come to killie because he wanted a career in Scottish football as a manager. He’s been clear it was a 3 year project then back south. 

... sounds a bit callous ??

Im hoping youve taken a couple of things TOO literally  ????

9 hours ago, RAG said:

Usual Cumnock Hun.

I'd the misfortune to watch some of the Peter & Roughie Show last night, when they were talking about SSC - the two of them should be filed in the dictionary under ignorant.

Roughie reckoned that Clarke steadied the ship by signing Broadfoot, Greer and "what's the name of that guy who plays in midfield"?

Next to the pair of them, Barry Ferguson sounded knowledgeable & erudite