Billy Bowie Daily Record

KTIDanny85

1 hour ago, skygod said:

As does Charlie Nicholas.

Pricks judge everyone else by their own standards.

"STEVE CLARKE is my manager of the year. But I just can’t see him staying at Kilmarnock too long after picking up the award.

The job he’s done at Rugby Park has been phenomenal.

Killie’s main man, Billy Bowie, landed lucky with Steve, after initially looking at other options – but he’ll struggle to hold on to him, despite brave words to the contrary this week.

If Graeme Murty can’t win the Scottish Cup semi-final against Celtic, then Rangers will look to Ayrshire. And there will be big clubs in the Championship down south who could blow Killie out of the water in terms of wages.

I hope he stays because he is a top coach and doesn’t feel the need to brag about it – the results talk for themselves.

Killie could show some intent and top up his wages. But, even then, it just seems Clarke staying is an unlikely scenario, given what will be on offer elsewhere."

(Daily Express)

The same Charlie Nicholas who made the wrong career choice who went to boring Arsenal instead of teaming up with the great liverpool team who would have improved him as a player

We could double Clarke's wages and I don't think it would be too much bearing on whether he stays or not. I think he's here to at least see out another year of his project unless a big team (not middle of championship s**te) comes in for him with a great opportunity.

I can't see him going to the Huns. For a variety of reasons.

37 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

His family live down south.
They can't afford his wages.
If he wins a cup they can't take an open top bus through the city because of the trouble it would cause.

Just some random ones that sprung into my mind.

When Clarke was appointed, he said that, “I’ve had honesty from the board and they know they’ve had too many changes.

"But I’m here to try to provide that stability.”

He would look like a dick if he left after a few months and, although I'm sure he would be forgiven by the supporters, I don't think he has any intention of taking the chance.

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

When Clarke was appointed, he said that, “I’ve had honesty from the board and they know they’ve had too many changes.

He would look like a dick if he left after a few months and, although I'm sure he would be forgiven by the supporters, I don't think he has any intention of taking the chance.

Agree 100%. I also found myself looking back at his first few interviews again, (I encourage everyone to do so) and it’s incredible how almost everything he predicted/stated, has panned out exactly as he said at the time. He’s brilliant. 

36 minutes ago, skygod said:

You can add to the above, I am not here to advertise myself to another job. At theAGM I will not leave Kilmarnock for another Scottish club

Far from getting angry, I revel that the well paid highly respected pundits who have been plucked from the predominately infirm ex player needing a wee financial boost pundit holding pens.....all agree with us....that Rankers missed a trick and that our man is the standout Manager of the year candidate  (just a bit surprised with all their superior knowledge of the game and his CV, that they were holding their peace until he came to The Killie)....and I will revel even more when Messer's Bowie and Clarke tell them to feck off, if Rankers come calling...

loving the positive vibe about the club just now, long may it continue..

landed lucky with Steve

Aye, you can just feck off with that. There's nothing lucky about it. It was a bold decision by a chairman to hire outside the cesspool of the traditional fitba old boys network and get a talented coach and manager with a point to prove and a fondness and attachment to both the club and area.

On ‎21‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 4:06 PM, Bullitt said:

Makes no odds to me. I would rather Clarke came out and told them "he's sick of saying he's not moving to another Scottish team".

Same was said when Scotland job was going on and Clarke remained indifferent to it. This will grumble on as well. I fully expect the conversations on radio to follow this rough agenda:

"Yes I know what BB has said, but Willie it's my understanding a bid of 500,000 would meet Killie's valuation of Stevie Clarke".

"Are you saying the deal is still alive Chick?"

"I'm saying he's Rangers number one candidate, it's easy to say he's not going anywhere when no bid has been made. A club like Killie can't reject half a million for their manager and I think he will be in the Rangers hot seat next season".

and where the feck are Sevco getting half a million from?

9 hours ago, killie1961 said:

The same Charlie Nicholas who made the wrong career choice who went to boring Arsenal instead of teaming up with the great liverpool team who would have improved him as a player

Poor old Champers, still trying too hard. His illiteracy is hilarious........

Edited by Loudoun Killie
spelling

8 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We could double Clarke's wages and I don't think it would be too much bearing on whether he stays or not. I think he's here to at least see out another year of his project unless a big team (not middle of championship s**te) comes in for him with a great opportunity.

I'm on this! It might be tactical naivity on my part, but I honestly believe that Steve Clarke will see out the majority of his contract with us if not all of it. I don't think finances will come into it for him. He's been given a raw deal in previous management positions and to my mind he has the opportunity to create something under relatively little pressure and leave some kind of legacy at a club he has a connection with.

It would have to be an incredible opportunity for him to leave.

Stevie knows the score, he's no daft. 

Every "big job" in scotland was available at some point whilst he was sat on his couch doing hee haw (aberdeen aside).

None of these diddys had the foresight to even speak to him far less employ him. I'd imgine there's a wee part of him that's enjoying ruffling their feathers.

On 3/22/2018 at 2:48 PM, Mclean07 said:

Tell you what, scummy old Cumnock's not any more scummy than Kilmarnck or any other wee town in Ayrshire. World class Dumfries House Estate on its doorstep, new town centre refurb underway,refurbished hotels and town hall and a great community action group. Three new housing developments under construction. It's fighting back against the odds. Once I ethnically cleanse the Huns, we'll be fine. 

Top man!

On 22/03/2018 at 2:56 PM, Mclean07 said:

There's a quite a few of Sir Steve's blue and white army in these environs. We'll initiate a Merkel style immigration policy to repopulate. Four of our current regulars were Killie glory hunters of the 1965 vintage originally from NC and I know a good few more from the area. 

There are quite a few. When folk stop leaving Kilmarnock for games in Glasgow then they can point the finger at Cumnock. 

13 hours ago, killie1961 said:

Yes, the same Charlie Nicholas who is in 50's but sits in the lounge at Glasgow airport with his sun bed tan, diamond earring, sunglasses, Miami Vice style jacket and t-shirt and flip-flops when it's chucking it down outside.