Lee McCulloch

Bad company

10 minutes ago, livvy said:

Yeah he left at the right time and in the right way. Clearly had the club's interest at heart. Is clearly a good guy and hope he finds a job and does well in it. 

thought he was an assistant in Poland?

anyone know what peter leven is up to now?

For anyone who hasn't read the article.....

Former Kilmarnock boss Lee McCulloch has lauded the work of Steve Clarke at Rugby Park, insisting his successor is a shoo-in for Premiership manager of the year.

With Killie languishing at the foot of the table, McCulloch left his role as manager just eight games into the season.

His replacement Clarke has revitalised the Ayrshire outfit, with Kilmarnock securing a top-six finish at the weekend by beating Rangers at Ibrox.

McCulloch reckons while he deserves plaudits of his own for bringing talents such as Eammon Brophy and Stephen O'Donnell to Rugby Park, Clarke's feats ensure he is the Premiership's stand-out boss this campaign.

He said: "I am delighted for them, it's good to see the team gelling together under a fantastic manager. I'll still take a little credit for the players I brought in.

"The recruitment was pretty good, players like Eammon Brophy and Stephen O'Donnell are playing with confidence now.

"Steve Clarke, for me, has got to be manager of the year."

This positivity won't do. What's got into us? Can we not come together and lambast his Old Firm credentials and his inability to motivate a team of, now clearly, decent players?

Amazing what making the right decision does for a manager's legacy. He laid the foundations on which the best season in recent years has flourished.

• 4 weeks later...

Lee was talking about the Sevco stushie on Sportsound and was asked if he ever had anyone questioning his decisions at Killie. Defo not, he said. Mmmmm....I suspect respect may not have been total in the dressing room given the SSC turnaround. Remember Greer giving a team talk on the pitch at the start of the scone half in one game? 

24 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Lee was talking about the Sevco stushie on Sportsound and was asked if he ever had anyone questioning his decisions at Killie. Defo not, he said. Mmmmm....I suspect respect may not have been total in the dressing room given the SSC turnaround. Remember Greer giving a team talk on the pitch at the start of the scone half in one game? 

I do indeed. I think I posted on here after seeing him do that that Greer was undermining McCulloch and that I thought he was a bit of a troublemaker. 

Interesting that he hasn't featured under Clarke since picking up an injury some months ago... 

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

He also said that he was trying to encourage more discussion and debate within the dressing room, as he felt the players were too quiet.

11 hours ago, RAG said:

If McCulloch is out of work, I'd get him scouting for us.  He clearly has an eye for the sort of player SC can get the best out of!!!

It was my impression that we had Steve Marsella as head of recruitment last summer. Would it not have been him helping to recommend players? Or did he join later?  

• 2 weeks later...