Mulumbu Skint

Chris1810

The 31-year-old, who made more than 200 appearances for the Baggies between 2009 and 2015, claims his former Paris-based advisers abused his trust and ‘robbed millions’ from him.

Midfielder Mulumbu joined Albion from Paris St Germain, initially on loan before a £175,000 switch, and is currently plying his his trade under former Baggies boss Steve Clarke at Kilmarnock, in the Scottish Premiership.

The Democratic Republic of Congo international joined Killie after a spell with Norwich after the were promoted to the Premier League.

But he is now apparently embroiled in a legal fight with his former agency Sport Management Conseil in France.

Mulumbu ended his eight-year spell with the agency last year and shared a story on social media which quoted him as claiming he had been ‘deceived’ and ‘robbed of millions of euros’.

The statement in the story quotes Mulumbu as saying his trust had been abused

“So I am taking legal action against this company,” the statement says.

“After robbing me, these people withheld my bonus payment from Norwich because I didn’t want to work with them anymore.”

Mulumbu hinted he is to reveal more details of his allegations soon.

He added: “From 2009 to 2017, I worked with the SMC-tm management agency and wanted to trust so-called competent people who proved to be a bad choice and the protagonists who represented me simply deceived me.”

Mulumbu was a big favourite during his six seasons in the top flight with the Baggies.

When he left he said the club would stay close to his heart forever.

“This club is more special to me than Paris,” Mulumbu said when he left Albion. “PSG was the academy for me, where I became a professional.

“But this club gave me everything, they gave me the opportunity to play at the highest level. People know me now because I played for West Bromwich. I thank them for that.

“I came here, in my opinion, as a good player but now I leave as a good Premier League player. And I will never forget my time here.”

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/2018/03/27/ex-west-brom-star-mulumbu-ive-been-robbed-of-millions/

If he has lost millions of Euros as alleged, I hope that his allegations about his advisers are well-founded because he is leaving himself open to action for defamation otherwise.

It makes me think that his current legal advisers aren't doing a great job either by allowing him to do so.