Rory signs till 2020

Calummoore86

He's one of those "bits and pieces" type of player which a good team needs to supplement the more talented players.

That sounds harsh - not meant to. I think he'd probably agree.

It's just a bit frustrating that he doesn't offer more goals because that looked to be his strongest suit when he was younger.  

It's another of the squad resigned and one fewer place to be filled. If we can replace some of the fringe members with real quality, we'll be cooking with gas!

To be honest I’d have let him go. Can’t fault  his work rate at times although being honest it never seems to get him anywhere. Doesn’t score enough goals or set up enough chances for me but manager seems to know what he’s doing so hopefully it will all work out well.

2 hours ago, piffer said:

Tommy Wright will be raging. Listening to him on the radio he seemed to genuinely believe McKenzie would be his

The thought of Tommy Wright picking up a paper this morning and finding out Rory has pie’d him genuinely made my day.

13 minutes ago, Merk said:

The thought of Tommy Wright picking up a paper this morning and finding out Rory has pie’d him genuinely made my day.

I like to think Rory is a nice lad. He’ll have done the decent thing and phoned him to let him know the situation. Wright would have started off in denial of the facts, then been abusive saying he didn’t want him anyway before finally begging him to change his mind. 

6 hours ago, piffer said:

I like to think Rory is a nice lad. He’ll have done the decent thing and phoned him to let him know the situation. Wright would have started off in denial of the facts, then been abusive saying he didn’t want him anyway before finally begging him to change his mind. 

I’d like to think he phoned him up, then handed the phone to his ‘representative’ JJ who promptly told him where to go :P

Edited by Merk