post split fixtures

gill1317

Just now, Bobby14 said:

I like the split. Remember the year hibs went into freefall, we beat them 1-0 on the last day and into the play offs where they were sent down by accies? That would be possible without the split. Don’t know how you think it’s a “sham”... and @bute-killiefan‘s comment is absolutely ridiculous. What is this other example? 

The fixtures haven’t been announced as far as I can see! 

Ok so 1 year out of what 15 odd years? great success

Just now, bute-killiefan said:

The delays in releasing them are because they want to have them suit Celtic and Rangers as best as possible and avoid Celtic winning the league in a game against Rangers. What other league would bend over backwards like this to suit two teams at the detriment of all the others? Preparations need to be made, this is holding things up

I think yer half right, they want to avoid Celtic winning the league against rangers. I think we can all agree that that’s fair enough. The rest a yer point suggests paranoia. 

Just now, KillieBantam said:

Ok so 1 year out of what 15 odd years? great success

Not really. How many years have we been down there fighting and had the chance to take points off the teams around us, it is priceless and makes for great competition. Doesn’t work so well at the top end of the league, but I’m sure any Partick/County fans will be hoping they can get a couple of results to drag Hamilton/Dundee into trouble. 

Doesnt suit your argument to acknowledge that tho...

1 minute ago, Bobby14 said:

I think yer half right, they want to avoid Celtic winning the league against rangers. I think we can all agree that that’s fair enough. The rest a yer point suggests paranoia. 

What part is paranoia? That no other league would do this? Perhaps some other would, I'm struggling to think of one that would though. Maybe I am guilty of saying that the rest of the teams are 'suffering', but the sooner you know who you're playing and when, you can start to plan. We are being robbed of that because the league is trying to suit the fixtures to benefit the OF

1 minute ago, bute-killiefan said:

What part is paranoia? That no other league would do this? Perhaps some other would, I'm struggling to think of one that would though. Maybe I am guilty of saying that the rest of the teams are 'suffering', but the sooner you know who you're playing and when, you can start to plan. We are being robbed of that because the league is trying to suit the fixtures to benefit the OF

Rangers and Celtic don’t know who they’ll be playing either xD so where is your evidence they are doing it to “suit the old firm”?

Maybe they’re doing it to help Steven Robinson win the cup, to stop Killie getting into Europe for finishing 4th, just in case they fail with the fixture conspiracy :ph34r:

13 minutes ago, Bobby14 said:

Rangers and Celtic don’t know who they’ll be playing either xD so where is your evidence they are doing it to “suit the old firm”?

Maybe they’re doing it to help Steven Robinson win the cup, to stop Killie getting into Europe for finishing 4th, just in case they fail with the fixture conspiracy :ph34r:

Because the fixtures are being delayed so they can try and ensure the fixture between the clubs isn't a title decider, you've said yourself that you agree with that. 

Not sure the snide comment was merited, but you do you boaby

4 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

Because the fixtures are being delayed so they can try and ensure the fixture between the clubs isn't a title decider

That's to suit the polis more than the Old Firm clubs and their fans. Most of them would be delighted to have a meaningful derby match.

2 hours ago, bute-killiefan said:

Because the fixtures are being delayed so they can try and ensure the fixture between the clubs isn't a title decider, you've said yourself that you agree with that. 

Not sure the snide comment was merited, but you do you boaby

It would only be a title decider if both teams could win the league!

Every day wasted costs the first three home clubs money with less time to sell hospitality deals and less time for shift changes/ rest days/ holidays. Proportionally this affects the smaller clubs more. The infirm could play on the last day of the season if they wanted to avoid Ceptic winning against *anger*.

I've no problem with the police having their say (but not the final say) but the broadcasters shouldn't be informed until the fixture list is made up, giving them a day to choose their matches then the schedule could be announced. All this could easily have been done last week.

1 hour ago, MrTumnus said:

Every day wasted costs the first three home clubs money with less time to sell hospitality deals and less time for shift changes/ rest days/ holidays. Proportionally this affects the smaller clubs more. The infirm could play on the last day of the season if they wanted to avoid Ceptic winning against *anger*.

I've no problem with the police having their say (but not the final say) but the broadcasters shouldn't be informed until the fixture list is made up, giving them a day to choose their matches then the schedule could be announced. All this could easily have been done last week.

Six home clubs.

7 hours ago, Bobby14 said:

Why Man City could have won the league against Man Utd at the weekend didn’t see the FA s**t out it so why should the SFA bottle merchants

IMO the match between the bigot brothers should be deliberately set so Celtic can win the league at greyskull.

if their moronic fans cannot behave then the SPFL and police should utterly annihilate both clubs.  Fines, points docked and playing each other behind closed doors without any media coverage.

time we stopped planning around their bigoted scum and simply hammered them for their behaviour.

I think this 'it will be Armageddon if there is a title decider' is a load of absolute nonsense. They play each other 4 times a year, sometimes on public holidays and sometimes in the semi-finals and finals of competitions. 

Its ridiculous that they haven't released dates for the final round of figures yet. The top six teams were known literally weeks ago. I suspect the wishes of Sky are behind the delay more than anything.