Season tickets

PrestersKtid

Lets remember Killie are the form team in Scotland over 20 games at the moment and have a real chance to have a major season in 2018/19 maybe the best in my lifetime. Excitement levels are at their highest I think in 30 years of supporting the club.  If people are not going to buy a season just because they aren't on sale now and can't wait a few weeks they never will. 

27 minutes ago, Garnkirk20 said:

If people are not going to buy a season just because they aren't on sale now and can't wait a few weeks they never will. 

It won't be because they can't wait. Ever heard the term 'strike while the iron is hot'??? 

If you've ever followed Scotland, you'll notice that the SFA promote qualifiers like buggery just after a victory, in particular multi game tickets or lower prices for the last game if you buy the next game. 

They do it while we have our hopes up because one defeat can end the campaign and no one will then pay for the now meaningless game(s). 

People are talking about second place right now, but two defeats in our next two games and Europe is out. 

Feel good factor is there to stay for a while even if next 5 games go pear shaped. That said it can only benefit to get them out asap as if we sell e.g. 3000 by the end of May then planning for next season can start earlier as certain monetary input is guaranteed. It could be the difference between securing a key player early on or scrabbling about at the end

17 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

I have a feeling they might go on sale today/tomorrow. Makes sense to do this before a home game.

Much as I love the team I have supported and followed for the best part of 55 years the words "Makes sense " are not ones I can easily associate with them.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Superscot said:

If they had got sorted earlier, they could have offered free entry to the Sheep and Jambo matches if you buy a 2018/19 season. Just a thought, recognising some walk-up revenue would be lost....

Would that not have disadvantaged existing ST holders though ----who had financially supported the club.   One suggestion might have been a money off voucher given out for those attending the Aberdeen or Hearts game to get a reduction off the ST price  --

would hope there is some sort of publicity at these home games at least in regard to ST details for next season

7 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

It won't be because they can't wait. Ever heard the term 'strike while the iron is hot'??? 

If you've ever followed Scotland, you'll notice that the SFA promote qualifiers like buggery just after a victory, in particular multi game tickets or lower prices for the last game if you buy the next game. 

They do it while we have our hopes up because one defeat can end the campaign and no one will then pay for the now meaningless game(s). 

People are talking about second place right now, but two defeats in our next two games and Europe is out. 

This. The lack of commercial nous and willingness to accept second best is depressing at times. We are trying to capture the waverers and one window of opportunity has already been missed. What a chance it was to build momentum. Yes, we should still sell more, but who knows what the rest of the season will bring. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Superscot said:

If they had got sorted earlier, they could have offered free entry to the Sheep and Jambo matches if you buy a 2018/19 season. Just a thought, recognising some walk-up revenue would be lost....

With all due respect, we need to stop coming up with schemes designed to reduce the funds available to Steve Clarke. Yes, have incentives where possible, but not commercially attractive games. 

22 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Would that not have disadvantaged existing ST holders though ----who had financially supported the club.   One suggestion might have been a money off voucher given out for those attending the Aberdeen or Hearts game to get a reduction off the ST price  --

would hope there is some sort of publicity at these home games at least in regard to ST details for next season

That's certainly the best option now.

12 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

With all due respect, we need to stop coming up with schemes designed to reduce the funds available to Steve Clarke. Yes, have incentives where possible, but not commercially attractive games. 

I agree, but the accountants would prefer to bank £300 x new S/T holders now against 2 x £20 for the same number of walk-ups and that would give the board a higher figure to give Steve for new signings, extended contracts, etc. Anyway, it is pretty academic now unless they announce it before about 2 p.m. tomorrow and Scouser's suggestion re vouchers is therefore a good idea. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Superscot said:

I agree, but the accountants would prefer to bank £300 x new S/T holders now against 2 x £20 for the same number of walk-ups and that would give the board a higher figure to give Steve for new signings, extended contracts, etc. Anyway, it is pretty academic now unless they announce it before about 2 p.m. tomorrow and Scouser's suggestion re vouchers is therefore a good idea. 

Where is it you purchase season tickets from? If its the shop then this really wouldn't work on a matchday where I reckon there will be 6500 in total attendance where they will be selling tickets for 3 upcoming away games. Even if its in the hotel it's still asking too much of incompetent staff imo

9 hours ago, Jimmy Superscot said:

Can't afford to lose the revenue with those two games as we don't have an OF home game from the split and only two matches. We would potentially lose tens of thousands of pounds.

Those who are going to renew or buy will do so regardless of one or two free matches I would think.

53 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Can't afford to lose the revenue with those two games as we don't have an OF home game from the split and only two matches. We would potentially lose tens of thousands of pounds.

Those who are going to renew or buy will do so regardless of one or two free matches I would think.

Renewers wouldn’t benefit as they would already get into this seasons games on their current ST. The idea was aimed as an incentive to attract new/lapsed ST holders by offering them a ticket to an attractive game IF they buy a ST now. I can see some current ST holders might oppose it as they get no benefit - bit like Sky offering deals to new punters that existing ones can’t get.