Season tickets

PrestersKtid

33 minutes ago, capitalkillie said:

Some amount of moaning on here.

A month won't make a difference. And to be fair it has been a busy month. What matters is a well marketed campaign led by SC encouraging folk to snap them up. We are 4 or 5 wins better off than where we were if we'd launched them last month. The feel good factor is still here and will only get better between now and the end of the season. Likelihood is they are waiting to see if they need to include a European top-up option!

So simmer down folks. Accies away tomorrow and 6 in a row.

Of course a month can make a difference. For all the bravado, it is plausible that we might lose some games and momentum is lost. I'm intrigued to know what else they were busy doing. 

1 hour ago, skygod said:

The club must have a calendar of when things have to be started and completed by each year.

Someone surely can't say one morning, "I suppose we should start thinking about season tickets".

Discussions about pricing and marketing strategy should have started before the end of last calendar year, I would have thought.

Agree and although no easy task arranging bring in a team with the expertise to push forward, maybe if the staff are too busy then the CEO needs to sort staff numbers. Losing momentum when so many fans wish to splash the cash is second rate and needs addressed. The pricing wont be much different from last year and even taking a deposit gives an early indicator how many we can expect to sell.

CEO is completely out of her depth, how do you go from being a glorified secretary to a CEO via a company that has nothing to do with football? Ask them how they are getting on with their pensions among other things. Billy B is doing a good job but he'd do a hell of a lot better with better staff working for him, head of commercial is a joke as well, never been out the office!

The CEO stated at a meeting that her top priority was to increase the fan base. In view of that, the lack of awareness of the window of opportunity is staggering. Better teams than us could lose the majority of games we have left, quite easily (see Man City) and that could be enough to put off people who are unsure about buying. It's all about momentum and I would give no one any slack on this critical area. The team and management  are performing at their peak and we need the people in charge to do the same. As I've said, we do it every year. It's not Rocket Surgery.  

1 hour ago, Dazza said:

CEO is completely out of her depth, how do you go from being a glorified secretary to a CEO via a company that has nothing to do with football? Ask them how they are getting on with their pensions among other things. Billy B is doing a good job but he'd do a hell of a lot better with better staff working for him, head of commercial is a joke as well, never been out the office!

Nobody is bothered about stuff like this any more. The answer to everything is that we have Stevie Clarke so let's just enjoy it while we can and to hell with anything else. Getting the infrastructure to support Stevie when he is still here, and after he's gone, is absolutely crucial. We can't do a Sevco and not learn from our mistakes, while we've got momentum we should be fixing everything in the periphery that is not quite right. If we'd have checked the CEO's references prior to giving her the job she'd be nowhere near the place, it was more than just the pensions. We didn't because she used to work at Rugby Park, what kind of craziness is that? I have to submit a CV and references for internal promotions never mind a new job! Don't even know who the commercial manager is, that tells a story in itself.

With the level of planning and oversight that has gone into other aspects of the running of Kilmarnock football club over the recent period, I’d be surprised if the timing of season ticket launch wasn’t being carefully managed. There are risks around delaying (as above) and these would surely only be ignored if the board knows something we don’t. Major signing or resigning. New investment. Let’s see. Shouldn’t be long now.

16 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

With the level of planning and oversight that has gone into other aspects of the running of Kilmarnock football club over the recent period, I’d be surprised if the timing of season ticket launch wasn’t being carefully managed. There are risks around delaying (as above) and these would surely only be ignored if the board knows something we don’t. Major signing or resigning. New investment. Let’s see. Shouldn’t be long now.

I think you're giving them to much credit on this one. Hopefully, I'm wrong. There should be desks manned in the hotel on Saturday and the Hearts game selling them. Make it easy for people to buy.

Edited by Mclean07

23 minutes ago, Scooby_Doo said:

For as long as I've followed Killie, this has always been a problem. They've always made it much harder to give them money than it ever needs to be. 

Miss the days of going into the wee hoose to the left of the main gates to buy yer season tickets. Can mind they were doing BOGOF on season tickets and put them on sale just before a home game with Hearts when we were chasing down 3rd and the queue was massive. Think there was just over 9k at the game that day, which we won 1-0 I'm sure 

I've spoke to them and they are due anytime something to do with the printers ---- they should've been on sale the minute we were confirmed top 6 but you know what the sales team these days is like as someone earlier says they don't make it easy do they ---they were probably used to not having them out at this time but then usually we don't know what bloody league we will be playing in 

3 hours ago, DrewWylie said:

I've spoke to them and they are due anytime something to do with the printers ---- they should've been on sale the minute we were confirmed top 6 but you know what the sales team these days is like as someone earlier says they don't make it easy do they ---they were probably used to not having them out at this time but then usually we don't know what bloody league we will be playing in 

What is there to print, just re-validate the card.....??

7 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

For as long as I've followed Killie, this has always been a problem. They've always made it much harder to give them money than it ever needs to be. 

And that's just the pie stalls. 

If the business is being run properly then I would imagine the whole season ticket renewal process will have been planned to take place at a certain time in the year. Given our performances in recent years this will surely have been towards the end of the season as the normal comment from fans is 'I will buy a ticket when I see what division we are in'. Some even wait until they see what players are being signed in the summer. Circumstances have changed this year but bringing the whole process forward wouldn't be as easy as flicking a switch.

However, as has been said before on this thread, if someone wants to buy a ticket it won't depend on whether or not we win our next couple of games so I think too much is being made if this. I wonder who the complainer in chief is? 

8 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

I have to agree 100%. It can take a huge amount of commitment to give the club money at times.

I expected no less from MJ but I thought as head of a large business BB would have made it easier to give the club your money.

Even with the smallest of business these days there is usually an online easy pay option.

I'm willing to give them time on this side of things, we need a move in to the 21st century off the park and we are starting to see that.

I agree though in the past its torture trying to give the club money/buy tickets. 1st game this season it took about 30mins to give me my season ticket while countless others waited behind while the staff couldn't find my name on the system (which eventually was found)

We also need to get the strips out before the end of the season, have us wear them every year, last game of the season, things like that which would streamline off the park.

Its all things to improve and I believe in time they will, wont happen overnight and if we are still discussing this next year then we'll have an issue

On 18/04/2018 at 3:08 PM, Fudgey1989 said:

Miss the days of going into the wee hoose to the left of the main gates to buy yer season tickets. Can mind they were doing BOGOF on season tickets and put them on sale just before a home game with Hearts when we were chasing down 3rd and the queue was massive. Think there was just over 9k at the game that day, which we won 1-0 I'm sure 

Ah yes those were the days of Anne Clark and her glamorous assistants it was a pleasure to wait in the queue for your ticket!!