A Thing of Beauty ...

Dieselfeet

Indeed. 

I just hope we don't get wrapped up in our own hype. I was at Firhill on Saturday and it wisnae bonny!

Thistle's short game was better than ours and some of our distribution from midfield was akin to 'Row Z' panic clearances.

Still, winning ugly is the sign of a good team.

Broadfoot, a player I've lambasted for most of the season was superb, as were all of the back four. We're still a Losa away from being a brilliant team. Power is yer grafter, Dicker is great at breaking up the play, but his distribution is woeful at times and Youssef looked a little disinterested on Saturday - having said that, his pull down and turn early on was worth the (overpriced) ticket alone. Boomer was a bit isolated up front, but worked like a Trojan.

And that's the main difference for me. All those things mentioned would combine to form a team devoid of ideas and graft and we'd've been lucky to come away with a point from Firhill and other places this season.

However, the baseline has completely shifted since SSC has come in. Now, the absolute lowest the team goes is a superb level of effort. It might not be pretty, but it's proving to be very, very effective.

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

What season have you been watching? He's been excellent since Clarke came in, hardly put a foot wrong.

You're right, though IMHO it took him a few games under SSC to get to the standards and consistency he's showing now.

(I was trying to be positive about him btw)