The A to Z of killie supporters

Thebigguy68

1 hour ago, skygod said:

17 Nentori Tirana, who are now KF Tirana and they play in blue and white stripes! 

The match was played in the Qemal Stafa stadium which, according to Wiki, was demolished in 2016 for construction of a new national stadium on the same site, due for completion in December this year. 

Visited that stadium while on holiday in Tirana about 13 years ago

3 minutes ago, DuncD said:

Definitely can considering that’s their name.....OGC nice 

Is Aberdeen official name FC Aberdeen? 

Perhaps Aberdeen wasn't a great example then.

If you would include F.C. Bayern under F, or AFC Bournemouth under A, the exercise becomes pointless.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'll be in Tirana in November for the Scotland game.

Me, @Gaz of the 20/20 and @under5 are going to go and see the stadium. Think quite a few Killie fans are doing likewise.

Was there in November last year, and still hopeful of making Scotland game there, if we don't get into Europe...the first 4 Scotland aways this year have rouked me!

Remarked at the time I was there it would be a cracking place for a trip, an abundance of bars/clubs that seemed to be jumping every night! Dirt cheap and a bit chaotic (very similar to Georgia if you went to either trip there), just stay off the Rakija..it's lethal!!

As Skygod said the national stadium where Killie played is a currently a building site, but only about 5-10 mins walk from the main square. Didn't see KF Tirana's current stadium when I was there but on maps it looks to be around the corner from where most of the bars are.

If you need any info, drop me a PM

Aberdeen, Airdrie, airdrieonians, albion rovers, alloa, ayr, annan, arbroath

brechin

celtic, clyde, cowdenbeath, cove rangers, Clydebank

Dundee, Dundee utd, Dumbarton, dunfermline

east fife, east stirling

Forfar, falkirk

Greenock Morton, Glasgow rangers, Gretna, Girvan, glenavon

Hamilton, hibs, hearts

inverness

j...

kaiserslautern,

livingston

motherwell, Montrose, meadowbank thistle

nice

sigma Olomouc

partick thistle

queens park, QoS

raith rovers, kr Reykjavik, ross county

st Mirren, st johnstone, stenhousemuir, stirling albion, shelbourne

the rangers fc

u...

viking

w...

x....

y...

zeljeznicar

46 minutes ago, kilMARKnock said:

UCD preseason in Dublin?

Spot on, I was at the game. Then the St Pats Athletic (whose manager Brian Kerr became the Ireland manager some years later....) game, red hot in Dublin that summer.....1995. Brilliant!

I was also at 2 pre-season friendlies in 2001 in Austria, we played Trabzonspor. So there's another  'T'.

There were only two Killie fans at the game, me and a chap from work (as far as I know). Can't recall the name of the place we played.

We also played Lask Linz at Bad Ischl, beautiful location for a game.

Edited by Loudoun Killie
update

8 hours ago, RDM said:

Was there in November last year, and still hopeful of making Scotland game there, if we don't get into Europe...the first 4 Scotland aways this year have rouked me!

Remarked at the time I was there it would be a cracking place for a trip, an abundance of bars/clubs that seemed to be jumping every night! Dirt cheap and a bit chaotic (very similar to Georgia if you went to either trip there), just stay off the Rakija..it's lethal!!

As Skygod said the national stadium where Killie played is a currently a building site, but only about 5-10 mins walk from the main square. Didn't see KF Tirana's current stadium when I was there but on maps it looks to be around the corner from where most of the bars are.

If you need any info, drop me a PM

Similar to Skopje?

1 hour ago, kilMARKnock said:

UCD preseason in Dublin?

Remember it well. Drinking all day. Pished inside the ground and the Gardai telling us where to go and get a carry out fir the match and the guys at the gate agreed to let us out. Back in sitting on the grass bank behind the goals. I don’t think my liver ever recovered  from that trip. Brilliant away days. 

Clutching for an x.....XI national select....during the controversial 1970 tour to Zimbabwe (Rhodesia)......incidentally, was reading about this..I was not really aware of this in detail and controversy it caused based on the volatile political environment at the time....tommy Maclean briefly mentions in his autobiography......anybody on here that knows more detail or even attended some of the matches?