Aberdeen Home Massive

Andy

I know folk on here have moaned in the past when suggestions have been made around reduced prices at games, but I really think this match is a case where it would be beneficial.

Win this game and we are really in the mix at the right end of the table.

We saw yesterday what reduced prices can do.

i Really think this is our chance to end our Aberdeen jinx, and reduced prices could mean we do it in front of a big noisey Home support, it would also reward the fantastic support the club have earned on the road this season, and further strengthen the new feel of club and fans working together.

I should add as a season ticket holder I have nothing to gain from reduced prices.

Edited by Andy

1 minute ago, Andy said:

I know folk on here have moaned in the past when suggestions have been made around reduced prices at games, but I really think this match is a case where it would be beneficial.

i Really think this is our chance to end our Aberdeen jinx, and reduced prices could mean we do it in front of a big noisey Home support, it would also reward the fantastic support the club have earned on the road this season, and further strengthen the new feel of club and fans working together.

Am i right in saying if we reduce the home gate price we don’t need to reduce the away gate? As the moffat is closed so its not the same view?

1 minute ago, Chris1810 said:

Am i right in saying if we reduce the home gate price we don’t need to reduce the away gate? As the moffat is closed so its not the same view?

If so even better but it would be a decent gesture to increase the Aberdeen support/atmos to offer it to them too.

Good idea but I’m not sure how viable it will be? We’ve had no home game for the last few weeks and only two post split. Depends how much we are looking for the cash. Half price entry probably won’t attract double the number to make up the short fall. Worth a try though.

I really hope this game is appealing to fans. There is a genuine chance if we win that we can get right in the mix for the places above us. Second may be a step to far in jumping three teams but fourth is there for the taking and third could be. It will be disappointing whatever the ticket price if the fans don’t show up in there number. 

19 minutes ago, Andy said:

I should add as a season ticket holder I have nothing to gain from reduced prices.

Totally agree and again no financial gain to me made by me either. My big concern is with the Dons being hammered on Saturday we need to accept they will be coming with a different mindset had they won yesterday. A bigger and noisier crowd like at the QF against them will help the team. Believe we will win but it will take a 110% effort from everyone at the Club to get the 3 points and any extra advantage that is available. May also help encourage a few new fans to get involved and hopefully want to come back!! Fully support reduced prices right across the board.

Edited by tanerba'Tam

The fact that there is something at stake is why we don't need to do anything with the prices. 

If in the final game v Hearts we have nothing to play for (and I think this might be the case) then the club could lower the prices and let kids in free as a thank you for their support over the season.  

30 minutes ago, Chris1810 said:

Im sure someone pulled the same stunt on us a season or two ago. Cant remember who though.

Bring a friend free with an st holder solves that issue.

Why not just pay the prices that are already the lowest in the Premier League and give Steve Clarke as much money to use as possible. I'm not against season ticket holders bringing a friend for free etc against smaller teams, but to cut prices on Saturday would be commercial madness. Almost as much commercial madness as not having season tickets on sale. 

1 minute ago, Mclean07 said:

Why not just pay the prices that are already the lowest in the Premier League and give Steve Clarke as much money to use as possible. I'm not against season ticket holders bringing a friend for free etc against smaller teams, but to cut prices on Saturday would be commercial madness. Almost as much commercial madness as not having season tickets on sale. 

Nail on the head

6 hours ago, Andy said:

If so even better but it would be a decent gesture to increase the Aberdeen support/atmos to offer it to them too.

Bollocks to Aberdeen.

They charge us over the odds and stick us in a delapidated stand.

F**k goodwill to their fans especially after their antics after the cup replay.

Think the Aberdeen match might be too soon to try anything new or radical. We'd really like to try and do something for the Hearts game to fill the stadium as full as possible. Going to talk to the club about what we can come up with that will maximise the crowd without reducing the earning potential. The best bet here is probably a variety of things rather than just a one off offer. Let's get the Moffat Stand open for this one and post notice to the rest of the league that they are just a sideshow and it's all about the Killie.

23 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Agreed. With no Old Firm marches in the split and only two matches I wouldn't be reducing our already 'best in league' prices.

PS did you enjoy the away trip yesterday?

Hav3 to agree with Maclean and bullitt. As much as I want to see more bums on seats, it has to make commercial sense. I think the appetite will be high for this game at current prices. It’s not about on3 off games though....it’s about leveraging the current run to sell season tickets next year. Free entry in last 2 home games for new fans purchasing/reserving season tickets for next year may hVe been an idea consisten with this. Some say loyal fans get short changed with this approach. Bu5 think most would rise above this for greater good of the club.

Without the money a home OF game gives I would say this would not be a good idea, if fans don’t want to pay to watch us v Aberdeen after the Cup folly then we are quite simply never getting them back.

the thought of giving them a stuffing on our pitch is enough of a enticement for me and hopefully a few thousand more

I think the crowd yesterday had more to do with performances than prices. 

I personally think the crowd on Saturday will be decent and am not convinced we're going to see several thousand extra just because of reduced prices. As others have said, all that then does is reduce profits for the club. 

5 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

..... to cut prices on Saturday would be commercial madness.

This.

We would be a laughing stock if we reduced prices for a match which should already be a hot ticket.

Going for seven top division wins in a row against a club we haven't beaten for years, in our penultimate home match of the season should sell itself.

7 hours ago, Bullitt said:

Agreed. With no Old Firm marches in the split and only two matches I wouldn't be reducing our already 'best in league' prices.

PS did you enjoy the away trip yesterday?

I did enjoy it, thank you. I have been to away games before ;) I actually thought it was quite subdued in the first half but livened up after the break.