New Scoreboards/Screens for RP

tanerba'Tam

Now that we have the winning habit would be good if perhaps new scoreboards with screens would be a huge asset to the ground. The current one is pretty poor and not visible to everyone in the ground. Perhaps the Trust monies could be used to sponsor these and that could be their legacy in lieu of a Supporter Director. If not the Trust the Club itself could take this on.

It would be good to watch previous game highlights, post messages and relevant info etc which is visible to everyone and is an area which we currently lack. Not sure on the costs of these things but again should be more serviceable than the current offering.

Supporters Director was the deal and shouldn’t be reneged on by either party. Unlike CB I'd rather the trust money was invested in infrastructure for the club. Something to improve player recovery, boost the youth system or upgrade facilities. A big screen would be good but I think that option could be achieved through sponsorship. 

6 minutes ago, piffer said:

Supporters Director was the deal and shouldn’t be reneged on by either party. Unlike CB I'd rather the trust money was invested in infrastructure for the club. Something to improve player recovery, boost the youth system or upgrade facilities. A big screen would be good but I think that option could be achieved through sponsorship. 

Like the sponsorship idea not one I had thought of, but struggle to think of any benefactor who is not already committed to investing into the Club already.

20 minutes ago, tanerba'Tam said:

Like the sponsorship idea not one I had thought of, but struggle to think of any benefactor who is not already committed to investing into the Club already.

Realistically how much does one cost? You can hire these things and they’ve been brought in before for the Rugby I believe. That could be an option if we don’t want a permanent fixture in the ground. 

In lieu of a Supporter Director? Who said there wasn't going to be a Supporter Director? This has never been off the cards as far as I'm led to believe!

There's a lot better stuff the cash could be spent on in my opinion. I got used to the score boards not being there any more pretty quickly. Can't really see the new one from where I sit and doesn't seem to be a big deal for anyone.

19 minutes ago, piffer said:

Realistically how much does one cost? You can hire these things and they’ve been brought in before for the Rugby I believe. That could be an option if we don’t want a permanent fixture in the ground. 

A quick Google found this 12sq metre screen for hire for £1500 a day. So potentially £30000ish to do that for a season...

http://www.mobileledscreens.co.uk/led-screen-hire-prices/

Whilst the Supporter Director May not be off the table, I can’t help but think the Board will be slightly bothered that the TiK only reached the £100k due to a loan from an unknown lender.

i think we need to be a bit more prudent and not go spending like a kid in a sweetie shop just because the team are doing better,we know what happened the last time.

There will be costs in creating the new Project Brave Centre of Excellence, we really need the “fans” to put hands in pockets for Season Tickets to prove to the club that we are committed, I would think we would see even more from the Board if the team were running out to 7,000 home fans every week.

TiK reached its target ahead of schedule due to the advance from an altruistic supporter. It would have met its target and continues to raise a significant amount for the club. Negativity is ingrained and more than insulting to those supporters who are putting their hands in their pockets to invest in our club

2 hours ago, tanerba'Tam said:

Now that we have the winning habit would be good if perhaps new scoreboards with screens would be a huge asset to the ground. The current one is pretty poor and not visible to everyone in the ground. Perhaps the Trust monies could be used to sponsor these and that could be their legacy in lieu of a Supporter Director. If not the Trust the Club itself could take this on.

It would be good to watch previous game highlights, post messages and relevant info etc which is visible to everyone and is an area which we currently lack. Not sure on the costs of these things but again should be more serviceable than the current offering.

Far from a priority right now.....

1 hour ago, Harrogate Peter said:

Always had a slight concern about how a Supporter's Director could be really representative of all the support?

Just look at the different views on this site for a start!

Agree club infrastructure is more important than ground infrastructure.

I don't think it ever could however it does offer an opportunity for a supporters director to express a "majority supporters" opinion if it is missing at board level.

4 hours ago, tanerba'Tam said:

Probably the worst use of TIK funds I've heard suggested. 

5 hours ago, tanerba'Tam said:

I'd rather have 2o year old cheerleaders jumping about