Lee Clark on Steve Clarke and Billy Bowie

kfc_superteam

Clark saved us from Relegation and I’d thank him for that. I think people liked his personality because the results weren’t particularly great and signings were erratic. Also his speech about club to be proud of then he jumps on first train down the road and ends up in Latvia six months later. Total Del Boy character. 

Don’t know why in Scottish football people get so carried away with “ he’s a great guy in changing room” Clark,Jig,Locke all nice guys / good laugh but had no real ability to actually set teams up or get something out our players.

I like this year that Clarke has raised the standards and the place is being run properly. Clarke is the leader and doesn’t care what people have done before and if you train and play well you are in the team. No favourites or loyalties to anyone. Professionalism has been brought back. Dyer can joke around with players and Clarke concentrates on the games. Never seen someone so composed on the touchline. 

23 minutes ago, red_dug said:

We need a "shakes head" emoji on here.

Nobody is saying Steve Clarke isn't tremendous or that Lee Clark was..........however, he did have us playing decent football and winning an odd game which is more than the clown either side of his tenure managed.

Well said, but you won't change the moronic view that Lee was a drunken loser and 'our Jig' was a mistimed genius!

Edited by WIGHT and BLUE

1 hour ago, red_dug said:

Likeable guy. Full of positivity and think he genuinely liked his time here.

I have no ill will towards him.

Absolutely this.  He'll always be quite a curious character to have had in the history of the club - but I felt at the time that it was the right time to go.  Probably emblematic of a period where short-term solutions were what the board were after, but aye - definitely likeable.

I thought he did OKish for us. Disappointing to end up in the playoffs but you wonder if anyone could have sorted out that Gary Locke side. Did well in the end in the playoff when it mattered. Would have been a disaster if we went down. 

Second season mental recruitment however he did pull out 2 gems in Coulibaly who we sold for a million and Jones who we could possibly. 

When he left we were doing OK. Not too far off bottom and technically top six

4 hours ago, kfc_superteam said:

“It was strange that it was a calendar year. I joined on February 14 and left to join Bury on February 14 the next year.”

Nothing to do with less compensation being due after his first year was up? 

Pure coïncidence then?

At least he says all the right things, but that seems to be one of his strengths.

I can’t see him getting another management job in a hurry. 

Said it before yes he talked a good game and jumped at the first opportunity but he kept us up when he took over as we were certs to go down. The 2nd leg of the playoff with Falkirk will remain with me for a long time. Atmosphere that day was immense as was the passion LC had for the job. Bacon rolls and walk along Troon beach, master tactician maybe not, but the players bought into it and it worked.