Lee Clark on Steve Clarke and Billy Bowie

kfc_superteam

Without Clark we wouldn't be sitting with Clarke!!

I don't see how any link can be made between the two, unless it is simply that Clark resigned after a year and left us with someone who wasn't capable and was dismissed. 

You might as well say if the board hadn't made a poor appointment with McCulloch he wouldn't have been fired and we wouldn't have had the vacancy that Steve Clarke filled. 

19 minutes ago, historyman said:

I don't see how any link can be made between the two, unless it is simply that Clark resigned after a year and left us with someone who wasn't capable and was dismissed. 

You might as well say if the board hadn't made a poor appointment with McCulloch he wouldn't have been fired and we wouldn't have had the vacancy that Steve Clarke filled. 

Perhaps you are right. But it's amazing how £1m at a club like Killie can change the accounts to reflect a side making a profit and can allow us to give SSC a modest salary.

I know Clarke is here within our budget, but our budget is what it is due to him keeping us in the league and bringing in players who fetched/will fetch a decent fee.

Stevie said this ticked a lot of boxes for him, and it did. But he wouldn't have signed up for this gig if the numbers didn't add up likely. That's my point really, although I do accept what you said also.

16 hours ago, Bullitt said:

Can't believe the negativity here from a positive article about our club.

Zorro, I'm shocked at you. You had a wankfest over Woodman from day one... Clark signed him.

Other notable things to include:

£1m for a player who played 5 months for us... our second largest transfer fee as a club in our history.

Jordan Jones... could easily eclipse the fee we received for Couilably.

Kris Ajer... You know, Celtics first choice central defender played with Killie.

Kept us in the league from a hopeless position.

Had us sitting sixth when he left as he keeps saying and endorsed Lee McCulloch who signed a host of players that currently are in with a shout of Europe.

Talked the club up daily to the press.

Gave Greg Taylor his debut.

Changed the style and layout of our changing rooms (that remains today) with posters of players and positivity messages.

Moved our dugout to the right hand side rather than the left so he could influence a linesman and 4th official more shouting in their ear than opposition.

Aye he wasn't perfect, but f**k me after what we've had to put up with for years on end we should be cutting the guy some slack.

He tried cryochambers and changing training times, he had the courage to try and change our fortunes and think outside the box. I'd rather that than the status quo we endured under previous managers.

He also brought his brother in law in who seemed to do a hell of a better job than the current custodians of our youth teams.

Fantastic post.

20 minutes ago, theboyjohnston said:

Remarkably, this should be credited to Gary Locke, IIRC

Correct 

also I know a lot  being made of Clark leaving us in 6th place (mainly by himself) However as things go a quick check shows that with Lee McCullochs second spell he only won 2 games less in 17 fewer games. 8 in 27 as opposed to Clark's 10 wins in 44. 

Gary Locke...referred to earlier (rightly so) as one of our worst managers in recent times won 11 of 43 games so even he had a better record !

i get that Clark won us the playoff and it was a great day but I firmly believe some folk are taken in by his interviews etc, had he stayed I believe we'd have slid down the table soon enough 

15 minutes ago, heynow2005 said:

i get that Clark won us the playoff.....

Peter Houston was saying on Sportsound on Saturday that Falkirk were out on their feet before the play-off final after having to play Hibs twice.

It was a great relief to win but it was really no more than should have been expected.

Edited by skygod

1 minute ago, skygod said:

Peter Houston was saying on Sportsound on Saturday that Falkirk were out on their legs before the play-off final after having to play Hibs twice.

It was a great relief to win but it was really no more than should have been expected.

We ran over the top of them in the first leg as well should have been 2/3 up when they sucker punched us 

5 hours ago, Estragon said:

Fantastic post.

You forgot to mention at the first opportunity to bale out on us he grabbed it with both hands to go to er bury! That showed his true level of commitment to our cause did it not? Anyway once again a massive thanks to him for that because as has been said look where we are now .We can surely flle under gone and definitely forgotten !!

It's interesting that he doesn't offer any reason for leaving. At the time he said that he thought it would help him realise his goal of managing in the Premier League (no tittering at the back, please!).

Whatever, I think it's safe to say that Steve Clark won't leave us to manage a club at the wrong end of League One.

4 minutes ago, Loudoun Killie said:

Absolutely spot on, some very narrow minds on here indeed.......

More like some simple minds taken in by a con-artist...

On an unconnected matter- I’m acting on behalf of a Nigerian prince, who needs to get $56 million out of his country. Unfortunately the bank transfer can only be made to someone with the same surname and having checked with the moderators, you’re the only person on here with the same name. In return for your help, the prince has promised to give Killie $8 million to spend on transfers. If you’d just PM me your bank details, we’ll get the ball rolling. 

6 minutes ago, skygod said:

It's interesting that he doesn't offer any reason for leaving. At the time he said that he thought it would help him realise his goal of managing in the Premier League (no tittering at the back, please!).

Whatever, I think it's safe to say that Steve Clark won't leave us to manage a club at the wrong end of League One.

CLARKE!

3 hours ago, heynow2005 said:

Correct 

also I know a lot  being made of Clark leaving us in 6th place (mainly by himself) However as things go a quick check shows that with Lee McCullochs second spell he only won 2 games less in 17 fewer games. 8 in 27 as opposed to Clark's 10 wins in 44. 

Gary Locke...referred to earlier (rightly so) as one of our worst managers in recent times won 11 of 43 games so even he had a better record !

i get that Clark won us the playoff and it was a great day but I firmly believe some folk are taken in by his interviews etc, had he stayed I believe we'd have slid down the table soon enough 

Locke, Clark and McCulloch all have equally bad records which isn't a surprise having watched their teams play.  

I don't rate any of them. Even Allan Johnston was better and that's not saying much. 

14 hours ago, Bbk said:

You forgot to mention at the first opportunity to bale out on us he grabbed it with both hands to go to er bury! That showed his true level of commitment to our cause did it not? Anyway once again a massive thanks to him for that because as has been said look where we are now .We can surely flle under gone and definitely forgotten !!

Bury offered compensation. Was there anyone in charge at the time that might have wanted the deal to go through since it involved money? 

Asking for a friend. 

14 hours ago, historyman said:

Locke, Clark and McCulloch all have equally bad records which isn't a surprise having watched their teams play.  

I don't rate any of them. Even Allan Johnston was better and that's not saying much. 

The difference with Clark's record was how well he did against teams around us, that's why we were never going down under Lee Clark. IIRC when he left we had only been beaten once or twice by a team who who were outside the top 6 (one of those was Motherwell on the opening day of the season) whereas under AJ, GL and LM it wasn't a surprise to get absolutely pummeled by Dundee or Ross County. The defeats that season under LC all came from good sides, it's very easy to look at the win/loss record and say no improvement was made but anyone who was actually attending the games under these managers could see that we were much more competitive under Clark than the other diddies.

Edited by Fletch

Recognise his 'on field' achievements. But, I just never trusted him. And it still rankles with me how he decimated the squad the day after we stayed up. Felt it was heartless. I get that the squad had led us to that point, but you know it is possible to improve players.... And that whole disconnect between 'team to be proud of...heres 74 players that have hardly kicked a baw before on loan'.

Thanks Lee, but I'm glad both parties have moved on since. 

5 hours ago, fmcc said:

Recognise his 'on field' achievements. But, I just never trusted him. And it still rankles with me how he decimated the squad the day after we stayed up. Felt it was heartless. I get that the squad had led us to that point, but you know it is possible to improve players....

Good point.  A cull was need but probably went a bit too far.  With some of the replacements being no better if not worse. 

Compare with Clarkes approach to what he's inherited