RIP Rob Hamilton

KillkieBoab

I am sad to report that our fellow Killie fan, Rob Hamilton, and my friend for over fifty years, passed away a few hours ago at Crosshouse Hospital surrounded by members of his family.

No more needs to be said for now but I will post a fuller obituary after I have spoken with his partner, Linda.

A wee chorus of Ayr, Ayr, feck yer Ayr tomorrow would be his favoured send off.

• CB pinned this topic

Rob Hamilton, Oboab, what a character, so sad that he's now shuffled off this mortal coil. Long time supporter of all things KillieFC.com and the Trust (and Forum ice cream) and a true man of principle...condolences to Linda, Debz and the grumplet from all of us to all of you.

12 hours ago, KillkieBoab said:

I am sad to report that our fellow Killie fan, Rob Hamilton, and my friend for over fifty years, passed away a few hours ago at Crosshouse Hospital surrounded by members of his family.

No more needs to be said for now but I will post a fuller obituary after I have spoken with his partner, Linda.

A wee chorus of Ayr, Ayr, feck yer Ayr tomorrow would be his favoured send off.

RIP

Boab and I met at Kilmarnock Academy in 1967 when I moved from Stewarton to complete 5th and 6th year. What did we have in common? KILLIE.

We stood ‘in the middle’ under the tv gantry for years and travelled Scotland in my wee Vauxhall Viva. Thoughts that spring to mind are the acoustics of a pub toilet in Cowdenbeath, rewriting Roses from Amsterdam to Ross Mathie fae Cambuslang and going spare at Hampden when DVT scored that famous winner.

You certainly were Killie ‘til you died my good friend.

RIP

RIP Sir, thank you for the extra push when I started out DJing and broadcasting and my first ever pair of Senheisser headphones! 

A story about a mini up the stairs at Killie Academy does come to my mind.....I’m sure KillkieBoab can remind me.

A true gent and delighted to have know him. A proper old school Killie fan. 

Altogether now.......

Ayr, Ayr F*** yer Ayr........

1 hour ago, Culley159 said:

Didn't know Rob personally but feel I knew him a bit just by reading things he posted on the forums down the years. He didn't hold back much did he? RIP

Aye, he and I were probably very alike. Said what we thought and often disagreed!

Had many a beer with him in the Howard when we had nights there though and he was a lovely wee guy.

Was nice to hear Gav speak about him on Saturday.