Sheep home, Fred

CB

That felt like everything all at once. Harder without Mulumbu and Jones. Some inexperience from Fasan. Referee was shocking for both teams and killed the momentum of the game.

Clarke really got it wrong for me. The long ball, percentage stuff works against a team like Thistle. Against Aberdeen we are going to come out second best. The chances we did get were from balls in behind. Doubling down on the big men with the subs didn't help and Burke came on too late.

Frustrating all round. Fair of Mcinnes to say there wasn't much in it on the radio. 

Nick Walsh was poor for the incident leading to their second goal. His linesmen were worse as they had clear view and didn’t help him out. Thought the ref stifled the game a bit. Wouldn’t say he was terrible like he has been in the past. Slightly disappointed one of our players didn’t have a go at Logan for taking the piss out our fans. McLean was doing it aswell. Rest assured a Brown of Celtic etc would have clattered him. That would have got a bit of a reaction from the fans.

Edited by Souleycouley93

Pish game. Aberdeen are a horrible lot but it works. Win all sorts of little fouls to break the game up. We weren't great either, miss Jones and his pace big time, without him as the out we revert to long balls and I don't think we won any all day. 

Kiltie pretty anonymous we need him to give us that spark when Jones not there. 

If Boyd's shot goes in at 1-0 down then its a different game altogether and I think we might well have ground a win out but we just didn't get that kind of break today. Looked a blatant dive from Christie for the free kick that led to the second goal too. 

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

Not at the races so far. Don't think Kielty has touched the ball yet.

We seem to be giving them acres of space in our own half. We need to step up the pace.

Over to SC for the half time talk.

We would have been as well playing Patrick Kielty.

Kiltie just hasn't been at the races since he returned from injury. Yes, he maybe needed a few games to settle back in, but he came back in to a squad on a high and he just hasn't kicked a ball. 

I know he showed promise a few years ago and I know he has a lot of fans who like him, but I don't think he's good enough for us anymore.

1 minute ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Nick Walsh was poor for the incident leading to their second goal. His linesmen were worse as they had clear vision and didn’t help him out. Thought the ref stifled the game a bit. Wouldn’t say he was terrible like he has been in the past. Slightly disappointed one of our players didn’t have a go at Logan for taking the piss out our fans. McLean was doing it aswell. Rest assured a Brown of Celtic etc would have clattered him. That would have got a bit of a reaction from the fans.

I seen power shout at logan after the final whistle when he was gloating in front of the east stand. Wee rat. 

Disappointing afternoon.

Dont think there was much in it. They’ve got the break in the first half and that’s put us on the back foot. I felt we were starting to get control around that point. Some nice link up play putting their defence under pressure and tested Lewis a couple of times. 

Second half I thought we started well. Boyd unlucky to see a shot off the post scrambled away. At that point Aberdeen started to box clever. I want to see it again but live I felt Christie was due a straight red for the tackle on SOD. Really fly of the player to hold his face and escape any punishment despite the foul being awarded. In the next few minutes they took it in turns to dive and win cheap free kicks. Desperate to see the free kick in the lead up to the second. From where I was it didn’t look a foul at all. It was a cracking delivery and great intitial save but disappointing we left a man free to score.

That goal killed us. From then on we huffed and puffed and they were content to try there luck on the counter. 

Fasan for me sold the jerseys at the first but didn’t have that bad an afternoon overall. Good early save and some important blocks at 2-0. 

Defence didn’t seem overly comfy with the new system but from the managers post match comments it changed late on yesterday. Having said that they didn’t make many mistakes and I don’t think they played badly.

SOD on the right was for long periods our biggest threat IMO. Taylor did enough defensively but he struggled without a wide man to play off in attack. 

Dicker and Power I felt went about their job well. I’d have liked them to rough it up a bit more. If Dons players were going to go down then don’t hold back. Let them know your wise to their antics and know your not going to give away a foul for nothing. 

Front three had a difficult afternoon. Kiltie I think did well in spells. Drifted in and out but found the areas he dropped into congested by Shinnie, Ball and McLean. Brophy looked dangerous first half but faded as the game went on. Boyd was quiet all day but went closest. Again it’s hard to know how much prep they had and as far as I know the first time the three played together. 

I felt the subs did well. Erwin made some cracking runs and put a few nice balls into the area. A couple of occasions he should’ve put his foot through it. Burke looked lively and could maybe have been introduced earlier. The twenty minutes will do Cameron good. He came on and without a sniff at goal he did hold his own and won a few battles. 

Ref I thought was poor. Lost control in the second half. Allowed Shinnie and McInnes to ref the game and was conned by some suspect acting. 

2 minutes ago, jesper said:

Kiltie just hasn't been at the races since he returned from injury. Yes, he maybe needed a few games to settle back in, but he came back in to a squad on a high and he just hasn't kicked a ball. 

I know he showed promise a few years ago and I know he has a lot of fans who like him, but I don't think he's good enough for us anymore.

Wiiiiiiit

2 minutes ago, jesper said:

f**king hell man. Some of our fans are f**king idiots.

49 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

No issues with the result as Aberdeen the better team. Without Jones in the team we struggled to create anything. Can't win a game if you don't trouble the keeper. 

Coupled with our poor performance was a shower of s**te from Nick Walsh. Saw Kenny McLean kick the ball away and antagonise the fans, did nothing. Saw Shay Logan antagonise the fans, did nothing. Brophy had shirt pulled near off him, did nothing. Ryan Christie wins a foul for the second goal by diving from no contact, the second puts the game beyond us. None of it to blame for the loss, just frustrating. 

Six wins in a row was incredible, dust ourselves off and move on to big game at Hibs. 

Pretty much sums up the game for me. Infuriating. 

They're not even a good team, they just niggle and dive everywhere, and shout for everything. Today they got everything too. 

1 minute ago, jesper said:

Good argument. 

So... to back up your point, what has Kiltie done in the games he has featured in? 

He played a great pass into Boydy today and has looked tidy, if unspectacular. 

He's been out for well over a year and played about 3 games since then for f**k sake. You dont suddenly become a bad player and for you to say he isn't good enough for us anymore as if we have a team full of galacticos is f**kin mental man. Get a grip pal.

You've also just said aberdeen aren't even a good side and only win cause they are full of divers. Am sure shay logan bekng a prick has gotten them to second in the league.

25 minutes ago, Candygram for mongo said:

Disappointing result today, no complaints, Aberdeen deserved their win. 

Great credit to the Killie players, they battled and battled all the way. Just lacked that wee bit of quality and guile. 

Surprised Brophy came off. He's always lively and looking to get a shot away. 

Spot on mate. The run had to end sometime I just wish I wasn't today. Good crowd, nice weather all that was missing was a win. Anyway all will be forgotten with 3 away wins.

12 minutes ago, jesper said:

Ffs give the boy a chance to get 100% fit. f**k it took big kirk 8/9 maybe 10 games afore we thought he was good enough for us... Boys got talent but needs game time to get back to wit we know he can do. I didn't think his game was too bad today actually certainly not the worse

2 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

He played a great pass into Boydy today and has looked tidy, if unspectacular. 

He's been out for well over a year and played about 3 games since then for f**k sake. You dont suddenly become a bad player and for you to say he isn't good enough for us anymore as if we have a team full of galacticos is f**kin mental man. Get a grip pal.

You've also just said aberdeen aren't even a good side and only win cause they are full of divers. Am sure shay logan bekng a prick has gotten them to second in the league.

He played a pass ehh? Full contribution to the game. A pass? Do you think that's enough? Fair enough if he ran himself into the ground like Brophy does every game, but a pass a game isn't enough for me. 

I'm aware he's had injury issues, and I think they've dented his confidence. I'm not saying we have a team of "galacticos", but we do have a good squad of players there that means we don't need to try and force something that may not be there any more. Burke contributed more in 6 minutes than Kiltie did in 84. I think he made 2 passes. 

Will be interesting to see if Kiltie starts next week.

1 minute ago, jesper said:

He played a pass ehh? Full contribution to the game. A pass? Do you think that's enough? Fair enough if he ran himself into the ground like Brophy does every game, but a pass a game isn't enough for me. 

I'm aware he's had injury issues, and I think they've dented his confidence. I'm not saying we have a team of "galacticos", but we do have a good squad of players there that means we don't need to try and force something that may not be there any more. Burke contributed more in 6 minutes than Kiltie did in 84. I think he made 2 passes. 

Will be interesting to see if Kiltie starts next week.

Aye lets keep Chris Burke based on 6 minutes of football and punt Kiltie who is one of our most naturally gifted players.

And see for your wee sarky comment about the pass, what did any of our team do today then eh?

5 minutes ago, Boabkfc19 said:

Ffs give the boy a chance to get 100% fit. f**k it took big kirk 8/9 maybe 10 games afore we thought he was good enough for us... Boys got talent but needs game time to get back to wit we know he can do. I didn't think his game was too bad today actually certainly not the worse

Honestly save your breath. f**king depressing mindset some of our fans have.