Sheep home, Fred

CB

That’s comfortably the worst we’ve played under SSC . A previous posters point about hoofball is correct against this back line of tall players , except Logan , we struggled and didn’t win enough second balls , Ball and Christie’ saw to that .

As for Logan winding up the crowd , get over it , it’s part of football . At least he got you off your seat today which unfortunately no Killie player managed 

Never mind the green toothed ginger whinger next up ;) 

17 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

Aye lets keep Chris Burke based on 6 minutes of football and punt Kiltie who is one of our most naturally gifted players.

And see for your wee sarky comment about the pass, what did any of our team do today then eh?

You seem like an angry person. 

I never said keep Burke, I believe I said that today he contributed more than Kiltie. 

I knew when I was posting my original comment that it wouldn't be popular, but it's an open forum for opinion and mine is that Kiltie isn't living up to the promise he once showed. He's been fit now for 5ish months and hasn't seemed up to speed. 

What the rest of our team did today is irrelevant to me in honesty, my post was about Kiltie. But, since you asked so nicely and not aggressively in the least...

I'd say that the keeper had some good stops, but ultimately was at fault for the first. The defence was a bit shakey in a relatively unfamiliar formation but still had a relatively solid game. The wingbacks both got forward when they could but still stifled their attacks. The midfield tried hard and battled hard, but found a lot of decisions going against them from a poor referee. Boyd had some good knockdowns and was unlucky not to score and Brophy worked like an absolute trojan, as always. I think you mentioned Kiltie made a pass too, but I must have missed that xD

Edited by jesper

For what it’s worth I didn’t think Kiltie did too badly. Some neat touches and some decent passes. Made a few decent runs as well but wasn’t picked out. The area of the park he was operating in was congested with Aberdeen players and the lad was kicked and pulled all over the place. What I will say is I’m not sure he’s suited to our system at this point. IMO he’s played his best football as a ten in a 4-2-3-1 formation. Look at the Falkirk play off when he made the late runs into the area and gave the wingers the different options. It’s not for me to tell Steve Clarke what to do but IMO Kiltie might work well playing off Erwin who makes more unorthodox runs for a striker and leaves plenty of space. 

We are a better team now than we were then. There wasn’t the width today and runs into space he may have made were occupied by Boyd or Brophy. It’s what his third start back so I wouldn’t write him off yet. It’s about the player getting used the formation and what’s being asked of him and the manager maybe having to make a few tweaks to get the best from the boy. 

His confidence will have been hammered in the last couple of years. That needs rebuilt. A few performances and a goal or two and I’m sure he’ll be flying soon. 

For me I’ll sum up some of the points covered. Like to see the first goal again but I think Fasan never saw it until the last second,if he saw it at all so I’ll reserve judgement. He had a couple of good saves to keep us in it. Normally we’d have closed the shot down. Aberdeen were the better team simple as. Too strong,too quick and much better when it comes to gamesmanship and closing out the game. We were lacking with Jones,Mulumbu and Tshibola missing and our midfield performance simply wasn’t good enough. Only real issue I have is with Christie and May diving all over the place. I’d like to see the Christie/O’Donnell incident again. From where I sit in the F.B.it looked like Christie was late and O’Donnell retaliated. Didn’t understand some of the substitutions for once but in Sir.Steve I definitely trust. Onto Easter Road and remember WE ARE KILLIE.

Edited by Charlie's Dad

42 minutes ago, Neilly said:

I felt it was a really poor game from both teams they just got the rub of the green goalie at fault for first and second goal was a dive for there free kick and Logan well f**king hate him 

Chrstie being doing it all season well seeing shinie not an ice skater can never stay on his feet

3 minutes ago, Charlie's Dad said:

For me I’ll sum up some of the points covered. Aberdeen were the better team simple as. Too strong,too quick and much better when it comes to gamesmanship and closing out the game. We were lacking with Jones,Mulumbu and Tshibola missing and our midfield performance simply wasn’t good enough. Only real issue I have is with Christie and May diving all over the place. I’d like to see the Christie/O’Donnell incident again. From where I sit in the F.B.it looked like Christie was late and O’Donnell retaliated. Didn’t understand some of the substitutions for once but in Sir.Steve I definitely trust. Onto Easter Road and remember WE ARE KILLIE.

Christie was late and yes odonnell retaliated and i thought that walsh was going to send him off

48 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Someone should have leathered McLean early doors. Guy thinks he’s a superstar. Will be back up by Christmas on loan the w****r. 

More likely sent out on loan at Christmas to some League 2 club. Back up the road in a year to St Mirren, Class act, not on your life.

The antics of the Aberdeen players today proved why they don’t win the big games. It’s disappointing that it works against us. Both in the cup replay and today it made a difference. You don’t get those calls against the OF in fact it’s the very opposite and they’ve proved they don’t have the bottle. 

I watched McLean quite closely today. I saw nothing in him to suggest I’d want him in a Scotland side and if I was an English Championship side looking for promotion to the EPL he’s certainly not a player I’d be interested in. In terms of Scottish midfielders I don’t have him in the same league as McGeough, McGinn, McGregor, Armstrong at this stage. He’ll do a job up here but never in danger of stepping up a level imo. 

1 hour ago, Killieboykfc said:

Aye lets keep Chris Burke based on 6 minutes of football and punt Kiltie who is one of our most naturally gifted players.

And see for your wee sarky comment about the pass, what did any of our team do today then eh?

9_9

Funny that you think one of our "most naturally gifted players" doesn't even deserve to make the starting eleven, despite being fit now!

Screenshot_20180421-185539_Chrome.jpg

So...you'd choose three strikers before him? Why is Kiltie not in your post/starting 11, if JJ is out? Seems like some faux outrage to start a forum argument! 

Edited by jesper
Sort post

16 minutes ago, piffer said:

I watched McLean quite closely today. I saw nothing in him to suggest I’d want him in a Scotland side and if I was an English Championship side looking for promotion to the EPL he’s certainly not a player I’d be interested in. In terms of Scottish midfielders I don’t have him in the same league as McGeough, McGinn, McGregor, Armstrong at this stage. He’ll do a job up here but never in danger of stepping up a level imo. 

Really? I thought he strolled today’s game. Easily the best player on the pitch. I’d love him at Killie. 

While I know it's not like Kilmarnock players have always been angels who have never taken a dive in their lives, I do wonder how Aberdeen fans, in their quiet moments, actually feel about their team.

I've seen individuals in teams being habitual cheats - Petrov at Celtic, Laudrup at Rangers, etc., but I don't think I've actually seen a team in Scotland before like Aberdeen where the diving seems to come from the manager - it's seem to be completely ingrained as part of their system of play.  I mean I can see the logic in it - with cowards and morons like Walsh refereeing here it's bound to be effective, but I'd like to think that the part of me that is a football fan ahead of being a Kilmarnock fan would have the grace to be a little bit ashamed of my team "playing" like that.

I'm angry enough at the moment to say that there's part of me that wishes that someone like Broadfoot, coming to the end of his career, would take him aside after that dive for the second goal and quietly just let him know that if he does it again, he's going to put in a tackle that'll end his career, because it's just so disgusting to me that pathetic antics like that - those that would have you ridiculed on a school playground, never mind in what is supposed to be professional sport - continues to be rewarded by incompetent cretins like Walsh.