Sheep home, Fred

CB

Sadly, I found their whole team attitude despicable. Their cheating is way above other clubs' levels. Allied to their manager constantly harping at officials, it doesn't make for pleasant viewing.
Long time since I've seen the entire East Stand united in rage at one player - we were today at Logan - what an odious weed of a player he is.

4 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Aberdeen are experts at manipulating officials. Its what they do.

Still the reason we lost is we just were not good enough  on the day.

Every team “cheats” , they maybe just a wee bit better than others . I thought they were better today, unlike the cup game . We were poorish , we haven’t really been great recently but have ground out wins . Anyway, a reality check, plus it puts the kibosh on all that guff about us finishing second . 

We were not good enough today, but the whole game was disrupted from the start by a hoover of a referee who sucked in everything Aberdeen gave him.

This has been a good season of Scottish football, but Neil Lennon is right in that the standard of refereeing really hurts our game.  It’s hard to be taken seriously when you have ridiculous daft officials most weeks making erroneous mistakes.

Aberdeen play into this better than any team in the top flight and as much as they have a higher budget and a better caliber of player it’s their gamesmanship that stands out most about their play.  That’s why as soon as the officials don’t buy it they get humped.  Case in point first Motherwell goal last week, handball isn’t given so Aberdeen take the huff and pack up.  Brutal mob and make it even worse as they could be a good football team, but as is they’re just the posh Hamilton.  Nice to see them always fail miserably when it comes down to the important stuff. 

16 minutes ago, diamond_geezer said:

Every team “cheats” , they maybe just a wee bit better than others . I thought they were better today, unlike the cup game . We were poorish , we haven’t really been great recently but have ground out wins . Anyway, a reality check, plus it puts the kibosh on all that guff about us finishing second . 

I know. back in our box. How dare we dream or be excited. 

1 hour ago, Bobby14 said:

Was it a slapstick comedy dive?

Yes, it was, it was something you'd expect from Monty Python's Ministry of Silly Walks.

I don't disagree that they've got a stronger side than us.  I do disagree that over the last three individual games we've played against them that their stronger side is the primary factor in why they won (or drew in the case of the first cup game).

1 hour ago, Bbk said:

I've read every comment on this thread from page one and in my unbiased opinion I cannot understand some posters point of view sure we got beaten but let's give ALL our players a bit of credit and stop this mud slinging did we not hear our managers or indeed the oppositions managers assessment of the game on the radio on the way home let's just accept a bad day at the office lads and remember we are Killie ffs!!!

Heard both managers' assessment of the game and agreed with them both...Then came Willie Miller's analysis: 'I've got to disagree with both managers, Aberdeen were streets ahead of Kilmarnock.' 

Willie's a character! 

Don’t underestimate how much we missed JJ in the team today no pace in the team. Have watched Kiltie in the last two games and if we want to progress he’s not the answer. Very average, some nice touches but no cutting edge. I thought today we could have played all day and not scored. After teams were announced at 2pm I knew we would struggle to get a result. 

12 minutes ago, Graham said:

Don’t underestimate how much we missed JJ in the team today no pace in the team. Have watched Kiltie in the last two games and if we want to progress he’s not the answer. Very average, some nice touches but no cutting edge. I thought today we could have played all day and not scored. After teams were announced at 2pm I knew we would struggle to get a result. 

Thats a fair assessment to be honest

5 hours ago, piffer said:

It’s not for me to tell Steve Clarke what to do but IMO Kiltie might work well playing off Erwin who makes more unorthodox runs for a striker and leaves plenty of space. 

JM

SOD -------- KB ------- SF --------- GT

AP -------- GD

EA ---------------- GK ---------------- JJ

LE

Kiltie drops deeper and is able to pull the strings with Dicker sitting and Power enforcing. Full backs pushing up with Dicker dropping to form a back 3 in  possession. Probably a bit gung-ho and suited more to lesser opposition but could truly blow teams away imo. One of many different systems we could use next season. 

Personally can't see it but could Clarke now use these games to test different combinations for next season?

We've basically, as Gary Dicker said, been playing 4-4-2 all season, just not rigidly. I think we have lots of options formation wise and although somewhat forced into it, Clarke has shown he is capable of switching it up. This is of course totally hypothetical for next season assuming Mulumbu is offski and we can keep JJ but obviously Clarke will have other plans and will definitely add a few new options in the transfer market.

We have the foundation of a great squad signed up for next season and I reckon if supplemented well in the Summer that we can have a right good season again. Just need to accept that there will be ups and downs and back the team to the hill.

6 hours ago, Killiepie said:

Going by the highlights Fasan had a few decent saves and the goal wasn’t as bad as the radio made out. 

I thought so as well. He's a young keeper and a couple of those saves were really decent.

Freddie took a few games to come into his own as well.

Not going to crucify him for it, all keepers make errors, but to get beaten at the near post from that distance is really poor.

yes McLean was left in acres of space but he is so far out and off centre it’s almost the sort of position you would normally goad a player to shoot from as it shouldn’t beat the keeper 99% of the time (I’m not suggesting the midfield were right to stand off like that!)

looks to me like Fasan has misjudged the shot as he’s gone for it with two hands anticipating an easy push round the post when it called for more of a stretch with one hand

Edited by Tom061087

10 hours ago, Killiepie said:

Going by the highlights Fasan had a few decent saves and the goal wasn’t as bad as the radio made out. 

The first goal was appalling - McLean was given an absolute age to take the shot and Fasan was far too slow. 

The second was an exact copy of a free kick in the first half where Fasan made another good save. They were both good balls driven into the box with pace but there was no challenge for either header. Defenders need to do better than that. 

Boyd was unlucky with his shot, didn't realise it had hit the post. It could easily have gone in. 

6 minutes ago, historyman said:

The first goal was appalling - McLean was given an absolute age to take the shot and Fasan was far too slow. 

To be fair to him, there were at least 4/5 players between him and McLean when the shot was struck, he did see it late, although my first reaction was also that he was slow going down. On reflection he was unlucky and remember he pulled of a superb save prior to that to keep us in it earlier. I'd be happy to keep him for next season.....

14 minutes ago, Loudoun Killie said:

To be fair to him, there were at least 4/5 players between him and McLean when the shot was struck, he did see it late,

The only person remotely obstructing his view of the shot was O'Donnell and he was standing just outside the penalty area.

The ball travelled 18 yards after it passed the defender - so much for seeing it late.

The shot was from fully 30 yards and I'm sure he will know he should have saved it. The only excuse I would make for him was the ball travelling from strong sunlight into shade which can make judgement difficult.

He had a couple of other very good stops on the short video - he seems strong on reflex saves, yet he was totally flummoxed at Hamilton by a ball coming from an unexpected angle.

I'd like to think we can do better. I don't think he would put MacDonald under enough pressure.

Edited by skygod

The team as a whole has to take responsibility, I agree the keeper should of stopped it but the overall performance just wasn't good enough. Our pressing was not consistent and there was no spark in what was a very stifled midfield. I think they can be forgiven for one bad performance, shame it's against those diving, cheating arseholes though. 

Cant believe some of the comments re kiltie. One of our own with huge talent coming back from serious injury. He deserves at the very least some time and patience. If we cant do that whats the point. Probably the same ones who were saying a few months back that broadfoot erwin power brophy etc etc were not good enough. 

1 hour ago, historyman said:

The second was an exact copy of a free kick in the first half where Fasan made another good save. They were both good balls driven into the box with pace but there was no challenge for either header. Defenders need to do better than that. 

Boyd was unlucky with his shot, didn't realise it had hit the post. It could easily have gone in. 

Wonder what our resident goalkeeping expert thought of the goalkeeping display yesterday?

1 hour ago, MJout said:

Cant believe some of the comments re kiltie. One of our own with huge talent coming back from serious injury. He deserves at the very least some time and patience. If we cant do that whats the point. Probably the same ones who were saying a few months back that broadfoot erwin power brophy etc etc were not good enough. 

Spot on