Sheep home, Fred

CB

13 hours ago, Killiepie said:

Going by the highlights Fasan had a few decent saves and the goal wasn’t as bad as the radio made out. 

have to agree. He made an excellent early save. Don't know what he saw/didn't see for the first goal and made an initial good save for the second goal which fell badly. I also notice he cones to claim balls readily.

Would be happy with him and Jamie fighting it out for the gloves.

7 hours ago, MJout said:

Cant believe some of the comments re kiltie. One of our own with huge talent coming back from serious injury. He deserves at the very least some time and patience. If we cant do that whats the point. Probably the same ones who were saying a few months back that broadfoot erwin power brophy etc etc were not good enough. 

I read all the comments last night in total shock we have played Aberdeen with all the the missing players in the team and still didn't win so all of a sudden it's Gregs fault, I'm sure he will get back to where he was a good pre season and hopefully he will be there , 

I think the major issue yesterday was that Kiltie and Brophy are more inside forwards who like to cut inside into the space that Boyd normally operates in whereas Jones, and to a lesser extent, McKenzie push out wide to receive the ball. 

This made the middle of the park far too congested and it was easy for Aberdeen midfield and defenders to get into shape and pick off the narrow passing.

SOD had a couple of great runs in behind the opposite full back when the pass into space was used but nowhere near enough to make the expected impact.

Poor day at the office compounded by one of the worst refereeing performances I can remember.

9 hours ago, skygod said:

The only person remotely obstructing his view of the shot was O'Donnell and he was standing just outside the penalty area.

The ball travelled 18 yards after it passed the defender - so much for seeing it late.

The shot was from fully 30 yards and I'm sure he will know he should have saved it. The only excuse I would make for him was the ball travelling from strong sunlight into shade which can make judgement difficult.

He had a couple of other very good stops on the short video - he seems strong on reflex saves, yet he was totally flummoxed at Hamilton by a ball coming from an unexpected angle.

I'd like to think we can do better. I don't think he would put MacDonald under enough pressure.

Aye, having seen it on telly it’s not as obscured as it first appeared to us......hopefully he learns from it as he looks ok otherwise. Cheers

5 hours ago, Help said:

I read all the comments last night in total shock we have played Aberdeen with all the the missing players in the team and still didn't win so all of a sudden it's Gregs fault, I'm sure he will get back to where he was a good pre season and hopefully he will be there , 

It's not Greg Kiltie's fault we lost to Aberdeen but he had a poor game. Not surprisingly he hasn't been the same player since coming back from his latest injury but I think SC rates him and is trying to give him some opportunities before the end of the season. 

As you say, what's he like at the start of next season is what's important. Hopefully he can start to fulfil the potential he had before his lengthy injury problems but there is no guarantee that will be the case.  

• baz unpinned this topic
8 hours ago, historyman said:

It's not Greg Kiltie's fault we lost to Aberdeen but he had a poor game. Not surprisingly he hasn't been the same player since coming back from his latest injury but I think SC rates him and is trying to give him some opportunities before the end of the season. 

As you say, what's he like at the start of next season is what's important. Hopefully he can start to fulfil the potential he had before his lengthy injury problems but there is no guarantee that will be the case.  

He did play a superb wee ball into the box first half which Boyd should've hit first time. Instead tried to control and it came to nothing. The boy is clearly not fit but put in a shift. 

9 hours ago, historyman said:

It's not Greg Kiltie's fault we lost to Aberdeen but he had a poor game.

This.

I only initially mentioned his name as an example of how un-engaged the entire team were. (I appreciate that in his particular case there is a challenge with getting full match sharpness after a long spell out the team). We should have been right in their faces for the 90 minutes. Instead we just sat off them, Boydie hardly even conceded a foul.

We have had an awesome season and finishing 5th is an unbelievable achievement but the team were missing key players and did not have a good afternoon on Saturday. All the more frustrating as we were playing the Sheep. 

Greg Kiltie certainly has talent that isn’t in question. For a couple of our recent harder years, he single handedly pulled us through games with some really important goals. Unfortunately for Greg his two injuries came at a point where he was kicking on. He looks low on confidence and a yard off the pace at the moment. I think he will be better after a decent pre season. 

Brophy and Jones are probably more dynamic and effective this year than him. Brophy has scored quite a few and is a real buzz bomb up front . Jones speaks for himself. Saturday showed how limited we are without Jones presence in the team. Mentally he occupies the oppositions thoughts and creates space as it takes a couple of people to stop him. 

Hopefully Greg can get back to full potential in the new season. Steve Clarke’s standards are pretty high and nobody is guaranteed a game which is a really good mindset to have. Keeps the players on their toes and no complacency or your out.

Edited by Souleycouley93

Missing arguably our 2 best players against the current 2nd best team in Scotland was always going to be tough.

Felt Dons deserved their win as our keeper made a few great saves, it was all a lot of huff & puff from us and diagonal long balls to the two giants in the Dons defense. Felt Jones was really missed down the left and missed the Taylor/Jones link up.

Annoying it was against them but find it really hard to throw criticism at any of the players/management after our recent excursions.

Why have we never been able to defend set pieces against Aberdeen teams these last few years. I know they have some giant defenders & they Reynold, Consodine etc always seem to get on the end of crosses into our box. It's not as if the Aberdeen player had to jump far for the header that led to the goal. He was totally unchallenged. exact same thing happened in the 1st half. 

Didn’t think there was a lot in the game but felt we lost it in the midfield. Apart from being continually outnumbered we were missing someone who could pick the ball up and look to drive forward with it.

For all the good work Dicker and Power do in breaking play up, having someone like Mulumbu/Tshibola/Mckenzie who are more offensive would have made a difference. This invariably led to us missing out the midfield and going long up to the strikers which the Aberdeen defence dealt with comfortably.

I think it was also obvious how we missed the outball and pace JJ gives us in being able to turn defence into attack quicker. Hard to be too despondent though after the fantastic run we’ve been on

I think we desperately lack a creative midfielder or someone with real drive to pick up a ball and move with it. Bryson was best box to box midfielder I can remember and Eremenko / Durrant had creativity. Just now it seems Dicker, Power and Mulumbu are much the same.

Perhaps once all fit, Kiltie would be dropping into that midfield three for his guile. Who knows.